I will be on 104.9 the horn 3/27 at noon

blacklab

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

So let me get this straight.  Kevin Morgan, a  A&M affiliate grad, performed an aggressive took over of the premier UT fan website, via litigation, and is surprised that it's users are leaving in droves and want's BL's advice on how to keep the site going?   Meanwhile, his real business is a set of franchises based exclusively in Texas and he's pissed off a large portion of this potential clientele over a web site that's worth is based exclusively on not driving away this fan base?  Do I have that right?  This was not well thought out.

Also, ironically I can purchase one of his franchises if I can show I'm worth around tree fiddy.

http://eskimohut.com/own-a-hut

You can add a bunch of OU fans to that as most had no idea Landthieves was a shaggy subsidiary.

Back to a question I had way earlier in the thread: I heard BL say in the interview that a "F Mack Brown" thread is what opened the can of worms that forced shaggy's name change. Was that my "Fuck You, Mack Brown" thread (the original F Mack thread) that got moved to Douchebag Central?

I always wondered why it got moved there and then someone else's F Mack Brown thread came along and was allowed to stay on the FB board.

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

Blacklab said the "Fuck Mack Brown" thread likely triggered the name change litigation, so did that pre-date Patterson? Cause ol Steve didn't much like Mack, either.

Yeah, it wasn't patterson that did it, it was before him. It was thin skinned mack brown

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, it wasn't patterson that did it, it was before him. It was thin skinned mack brown

Great job today. Can you reveal anything about the conversation with Morgan? Did he comment on the backlash (I presume emails, and he must have visited Shaggy and saw the subject headers)? 

11 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Was it my thread that got moved from the Fball board to DBag Central? Just wondering. The other one came later and stayed on the FB board.

I was fucking pissed when I started that thread (at the end of the 2010 Iowa State game) and lots of posters negged the shit out of me for it. Turns out, I was right.

3 hours ago, In10se said:

I bet any one of us who would want to run it could call Morgan 30 days from the day he takes ownership and probably buy it for next to nothing. He might just want to get rid of it and keep landthieves. 

That cockknocker Kevin Morgan owns Landthieves? Oh sweet Jesus.

Great interview! I've been live in studio on the radio many times. It's not easy, especially the first time. You did a really good job, blacklab.  Good job by the interviewers as well.  I was listening to the podcast and only noticed the last dump. I need to go back and listen again.

I'd definitely be a regular listener to a weekly segment.

Well done by all, very entertaining. I kinda feel like I did when my parents moved out of my childhood home and got a new place. I thought I'd miss the old place, that the new one could never feel like home but as soon as I walked in I knew it was home, not the old place and it was because of who was there. I was Shaggy, now I'm Surly. I'm good with that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

So let me get this straight.  Kevin Morgan, a  A&M affiliate grad, performed an aggressive took over of the premier UT fan website, via litigation, and is surprised that it's users are leaving in droves and want's BL's advice on how to keep the site going?   Meanwhile, his real business is a set of franchises based exclusively in Texas and he's pissed off a large portion of this potential clientele over a web site that's worth is based exclusively on not driving away this fan base?  Do I have that right?  This was not well thought out.

Why are there still new posts on the old site?  That place needs to be a ghost town.  Zero daily posts.  You want to say goodbye to the old site?  Do it here.  You want to post a message to Morgan that he'll never read?  Do it here.  You want to thank BL?  Do it here.  

Thanks to BlackLab for creating a great community that's provided me with countless hours of enjoyment.  You are a badass MFer.

• Like 5