Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

2 hours ago, BearCon said:

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

Take the loss pussy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BearCon said:

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

you sound like the pussy in front of me when the baylor player kicked our player in the first half.  I said "get the criminals off the field" and his response was "like you guys don't have criminals too."  really?  that is your comeback?  institutional support of rape.  of course he left after CJ scored the TD and never came back. why? because he knew it was over.  our kicker had to choke 2 easy FG's to even make it a game with our one page playbook.

Baylor University is the Webster's definition of hypocritical.

Except when we needed it most. In the 1984 Cotton Bowl vs Georgia, Ward made 3 FGs, two of which were glorified extra points. He missed more FGs that game than he missed the entire season. We lost the game 10-9, and along with it the MNC.
FML
Edit:  Yes, I know he was a freshman. 
I was at that game. Duct taped F I R E. F R E D. on the back window of my pickup for the trip back to Austin. Got lots of affirmations from folks on 35.

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

Cant drag the ball on the ground and have it be a catch. Oh and the blatant holding by baylor on every play of the last two drives not called.

Hey don't you have some kittens you need to torture or basketball players you need to murder or coeds you need to rape?

• Like 1

Just got home. Haven't read anything. Spent the last few hours not being able to get that atrocious wildcat call in 3rd and 5 out of my head. And I was calling for the wildcat all game, but he goes to it on 3rd and fucking 5? Did he leave Buechele in on the play like he did earlier? Does he not realize that when you do that you don't get the extra blocker you get when running the wildcat? So pissed off at that play. The biggest 3rd down of the game and he calls something that has zero chance of working.

There was zero chance they were going to throw the ball in that situation - and Shane had zero chance of picking up the first with his feet.

No my favorite play of the night - but I guess Tom figured it was better than a straight handoff to the RB.

It was basically the QB run we have used to great success with Sam, wasn’t it?

7 hours ago, BearCon said:

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

Congrats on the post.  I was super impressed with the wit, sarcasm and thought-provoking  content. That was a dominant post, no doubt.

I don’t typically rewatch games but I may rewatch this one. I want to see if the production was as bad as I remember. Watching live was a beating. I think the pace of the game was weird and there felt like so many stoppages and commercials. Then tack on espn’s constant shots of the Brewer family, history and Charlie not being offered.  Just a boring viewing experience.

10 hours ago, BearCon said:

When you’re a serial rapist, you tend to lose the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things.  Little thing called human nature.  Funny how that works, huh?  You should probably go ahead and get used to it.

2 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

I don’t typically rewatch games but I may rewatch this one. I want to see if the production was as bad as I remember. Watching live was a beating. I think the pace of the game was weird and there felt like so many stoppages and commercials. Then tack on espn’s constant shots of the Brewer family, history and Charlie not being offered.  Just a boring viewing experience.

It was that bad....don't do it to yourself for that purpose.

10 hours ago, BearCon said:

But but but...….you're beller.  You know, the bible....Gods children....morally superior.  All this other stuff happens at heathen state schools.  Go to sicem365.  That's where all the hypocrital mother fuckers are at.  Just like you. Fuck you and fuck beller.  

2 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

Today was Tulsa all over again.  We played about the same. We found a way to win.  Moving forward.

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There was zero chance they were going to throw the ball in that situation - and Shane had zero chance of picking up the first with his feet.

No my favorite play of the night - but I guess Tom figured it was better than a straight handoff to the RB.

It was basically the QB run we have used to great success with Sam, wasn’t it?

I'm all for canning the wildcat all together and bringing back the bone for those situations. At least for the last part of the season.   The wishbone was unleashed in 1968 and no better way to celebrate its 50 yr anniversary than to run it down OUsucks throat for 3 or 4 touchdowns when(if) we get the rematch for the conference title. 

With Sam, our two backs and our two wideouts, it could be fun.  Not near as one dimetional as the wildcat.  Lj and Cj would be monster threats in that formation...

Like the Pirate himself said, no one has ever really stopped the Wishbone. Its the most innovative offense of all time, and he has no doubt that it could still be ran successfully today.

(That in itself is an intriguing concept. The Bone with the Pirate's mad genius touch.) 

10 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

I like the part where they actually punished the victims for drinking alcohol, but not the actual rapists. What a disgrace.

That’s a good one. And for you Baylor fans who feel compelled to post here because your life sucks, my personal fave moment is when the Baylor lawyers covertly infiltrated the victim support group to help thwart the prosecution strategy. It’s a fine institution.

4 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

I am so glad I had to some errands with Mrs. NameWithHeld and recorded the game.  It was brutal watching it AND FF through the infinite commercials. SB looked lost out there for most of the game. If he had 50% of Sam’s accuracy there would have been at least two more TDs. ESPN sure pounded the shit out of Charlie Brewer not being offered——like it was Herman who didn’t offer him.  It was the previously fired rocket scientist coach that did that.  Hell it seemed that ESPN showed Robert Brewer more than Coach Herman during the game!  Talk about beating a fucking dead horse.  Geez.   

4 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

Double post.  

Edited by NameWithHeld
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Bwaaa haaa haaa

the Baylor Wr was a blatant 2 hand push off. Collin’s looked more like pushing the DBs hand down with ONE hand. These two aren’t even close to the same thing. 

While on the topic of bullshit did the TV guys give any insight into the offsetting penalty?  Looked like Boyd tackled the Baylor guy.   The Baylor guy gets up quickly, steps over Boyd. Boyd gets up, they are jawing at each other.  Baylor guy slaps Boyd upside the head. 3 flags go up. No retaliation that I saw and the decision was offsetting penalties. Anyone know wtf was our alleged penalty?

GJ was jawing with him when he wasn't involved in the play. I'd imagine that's what got him the unsportsmanlike penalty. He ran up to the Baylor WR to defend his teammate. I'd think if it was Boyd who did it and got the facemask shove that it would've been just on the BU WR. 

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Replay on LHN for anyone that wants to Watch..... 🤘

Alert:  You'll hear lots of "Brewer's a TEXAS Legacy not offered a Scholly"

Where are you getting this information?  It sounds wrong. Unbelievable if true. 

GJ was jawing with him when he wasn't involved in the play. I'd imagine that's what got him the unsportsmanlike penalty. He ran up to the Baylor WR to defend his teammate. I'd think if it was Boyd who did it and got the facemask shove that it would've been just on the BU WR. 

GJ chest bumped him when he ran up. They should have flagged the wr for the shit he was pulling when he got up and was walking off. Pretty sure he tried to knee Boyd. It was worth a flag if any of the ticky tack shit they pulled was

On 10/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, longhornsftmfw said:

I’ll take what Collin Johnson said about Buechele on the LHN postgame - that everyone recognizes that he could have transferred and instead he comes back to work and plays the role of backup well. He coaches Sam up from the sideline, and hasn’t pouted about not being the starter for a second. He was obviously rusty throughout the game because he hasn’t had game reps in close to a year. He did improve as the game went on, aside from the deep ball to Duvernay. He started hitting the screen WRs on their front shoulder and made some ballsy throws into tight windows to CJ. So fuck every one of you talking shit about the kid. He did the best he could and we won the game. He needs to get better if Sam is out longer but I’m pretty sure he knows that. And I have never been a big Shane guy, I always liked Sam more. But some of you drunk fucks are insufferable.

Shane is a class act. Always positive and willing to help out no matter the situation.

In recent weeks we have significantly increased the use of the QB Power with Sam, to the point where I think our play-callers were as nervy as our backup QB when Sam went down.  When you use your QB like a FB, you count on him getting dinged up.  Shane is not built to step in and run the ball 20 times.  He's not a plug and play option for Sam in the QB Power centered offense.  However, Shane is good enough to win any of the remaining games on the schedule, with some changes in game planning and play calling. 

In recent weeks we have significantly increased the use of the QB Power with Sam, to the point where I think our play-callers were as nervy as our backup QB when Sam went down.  When you use your QB like a FB, you count on him getting dinged up.  Shane is not built to step in and run the ball 20 times.  He's not a plug and play option for Sam in the QB Power centered offense.  However, Shane is good enough to win any of the remaining games on the schedule, with some changes in game planning and play calling. 

He’s gonna have to throw it better than he did Saturday for that to be the case.

I put that pass to Duvernay partially on the coaching staff. Reason being that he messed that throw up the exact same way that Ehlinger messes that throw up all the time, by throwing it too far upfield instead of across the field. Once the WR crosses the DB, or is about to cross the DB, it is a much easier throw, a much easier catch, and a much surer completion if you lead the receiver across the field more than up the field. Yeah, I'm like a broken record on this but we keep screwing it up the exact same way. We keep scheming our speedster wide open with only a CB on him and no safety help and then messing up the throw. At some point it's on the coaches to correct that in practice.

If one guy is screwing something up you can believe it's that player's fault. If multiple guys are making the exact same mistake consistently then the coaches bear some responsibility.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’d bet it happens. If Sam is going to be out, I’d like to see the staff gameplan and call more to Shane’s strengths. But he’s still going to need to run every once in a while. Just slide.

What are Sam's strengths? Stick routes and WR screens? 

Would like to see some running plays other than Ingram/Watson running right into the pile for 2 yards or the speed option to nowhere. Some off tackle, counters, misdirection, sweeps, anything to get these guys outside. 

Also need to bring on the RB swing pass if the defense is crashing the middle of the OL.

• Like 1