Nick Bosa is done with college

Parliament

The Bosa family seems like a major pain in the ass as well, but I can't say I disagree with ditching Meyer or Columbus. I'm pretty sure Nick will announce he is holding out for more money before he gets drafted. 

Edited by shnsajax

18 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

To each his own I guess. I was raised differently.  Stay in school, honor your commitment , rehab, train and be a good teammate. But then again I’m not a first round pick. 

Urban Meyer is a demonstrated unethical asshole who is paid $7.6M a year to win football games at any cost and he will put Bosa on the field ASAP to achieve his goals, regardless of whether it's good for Bosa's future.

Did your daddy teach you about that?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Urban Meyer is a demonstrated unethical asshole who is paid $7.6M a year to win football games at any cost and he will put Bosa on the field ASAP to achieve his goals, regardless of whether it's good for Bosa's future.

Urban is definitely from the Bob Stoops "rub some dirt on it" school" of recovery.

25 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

To each his own I guess. I was raised differently.  Stay in school, honor your commitment , rehab, train and be a good teammate. But then again I’m not a first round pick. 

Seems like they wasted their time teaching you that stuff since it's in no way applicable to you.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

now that players are skipping bowl games, i can see them skipping the last half of their JR year, maybe in October, to prep for the draft. CFB has been declining due to early exits, imagine the old days when super players stayed for SR years, we had loaded upperclassmen on top teams, now the layer of greatness is halved. 

8 minutes ago, NowThis said:

now that players are skipping bowl games, i can see them skipping the last half of their JR year, maybe in October, to prep for the draft. CFB has been declining due to early exits, imagine the old days when super players stayed for SR years, we had loaded upperclassmen on top teams, now the layer of greatness is halved. 

I'm surprised they don't skip their Jr year completely.  

22 minutes ago, NowThis said:

now the layer of greatness is halved. 

Halved? Are you serious? I'm curious how many 21 year olds (that have played just 3 years*)  you think go to the draft every year. 

Newsflash: it isn't a lot. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Halved? Are you serious? I'm curious how many 21 year olds you think go to the draft every year. 

Newsflash: it isn't a lot. 

it's a lot at the ultra elite levels.  I think our 2005 team doesn't exist in that form if JRs departed after 2004 such as Huff, Michael Griffin, some DL, Some OL. It's a significant talent hit. Imagine if Malik, Connor, Hill, Elliot were on this team. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

it's a lot at the ultra elite levels.  I think our 2005 team doesn't exist in that form if JRs departed after 2004 such as Huff, Michael Griffin, some DL, Some OL. It's a significant talent hit. Imagine if Malik, Connor, Hill, Elliot were on this team. 

Malik hasn’t even been active for a game this year. Guess he’s still getting paid though.

The guy had abdominal surgery a month ago.  He'd be lucky to return by Maryland, and more likely Michigan.  Not a lot of upside in rushing recovery.

I'm not saying he comes from a long line of Ghandis, but come on.  Urban sure isn't gonna look out for his best interest.

14 minutes ago, NowThis said:

That's 4 players from a top 10 recruiting class. Even if you gave every team in the top 10 in recruiting that season 4 early exits and they ALL got drafted (which isn't remotely close to true) you're talking 40 players out of 192*. 

The overall impact on college football is minimal. I'd argue college football is just fine if not better now that more and more freshman and sophomores are stepping up and playing like stars.  

Edited by ztejas

I have no issues with this, even though yes, fuck Ohio St. More and more players are going to do this going forward. Especially the bowl games. Unless it's in the playoffs. Otherwise, they are glorified scrimmages with no real upside for players who have very high draft stock. Didn't hurt McCaffery at all. Didn't Fournette do the same thing as well? I don't blame them. Bowl games are fucking bullshit and mean zero.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have no issues with this, even though yes, fuck Ohio St. More and more players are going to do this going forward. Especially the bowl games. Unless it's in the playoffs. Otherwise, they are glorified scrimmages with no real upside for players who have very high draft stock. Didn't hurt McCaffery at all. Didn't Fournette do the same thing as well? I don't blame them. Bowl games are fucking bullshit and mean zero.

Why play in the playoffs?  1st round guys get an extra signing bonus for winning that?

49 minutes ago, NowThis said:

If the draw is watching great players, amateur sports may not be for you

33 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Malik hasn’t even been active for a game this year. Guess he’s still getting paid though.

ESPN shows Malik has played in 4 games this year. Granted it's been in garbage time, but it shows he got PT against Baltimore, Carolina, ATL and Pittsburgh

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's 4 players from a top 10 recruiting class. Even if you gave every team in the top 10 in recruiting that season 4 early exits and they ALL got drafted (which isn't remotely close to true) you're talking 40 players out of 192*. 

The overall impact on college football is minimal. I'd argue college football is just fine if not better now that more and more freshman and sophomores are stepping up and playing like stars.  

no, it's about game impact. I think you need to focus on a smaller denominator in your equation.  The overall impact on CFB is significant, not as much as NBA which is devastating, but it's still there. 

I think this is different than skipping out on a generic bowl after the season is complete. His evaluation wasn’t until November.  We don’t know when he could return. Could he return in time to help Ohio state reach the big championship and the playoffs? I’m not sure why he’s deciding this now. Did the family have some similar deal with his older brother that’s affecting this decision?

Edited by FizzleFish
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I've begin leaning more to that way of thinking. These coaches will use kids to support their next huge contract, while the kids get next to nothing, if they are only there for football, which most are. If he isn't going to play this year why stay in a midwestern crap hole like Columbus?

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

HGH will do that to you. 

1 hour ago, FizzleFish said:

I think this is different than skipping out on a generic bowl after the season is complete. His evaluation wasn’t until November.  We don’t know when he could return. Could he return in time to help Ohio state reach the big championship and the playoffs? I’m not sure why he’s deciding this now. Did the family have some similar deal with his older brother that’s affecting this decision?

My first thought was- 

“He is leaving school so that he can take PEDs on a higher level than before in order to heal faster without having to concern himself with being randomly tested.”

This is still my only thought as to why he is leaving school. Perhaps the pressure to return before he is ready also exists, but he is going to use all of the HGH & steroids possible to heal as fully & quickly as scientifically possible so that he can then focus on cleaning up his urine before the NFL combine. 

THAT is why he is leaving school. 

• Like 2