Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

20 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

goddamn, what is the hit rate for shit like this? it's gotta be on the order of: not everyone who menaces pride/trans/drag events is a pedophile, but every pedophile menaces pride/trans/drag events

About a thousand percent.

• Rage+1 1

yes-soccer.gif

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/01/politics/proud-boys-fined-ame-church-destruction/index.html

Members of the right-wing extremist group, the Proud Boys, have been ordered to pay more than a million dollars as part of a civil suit judgment involving the destruction of property in December 2020 at the predominantly Black campus of the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church in Washington, DC.

DC Superior Court Judge Neal E. Kravitz approved Friday’s default judgment against Proud Boys members Joseph R. Biggs, Enrique Tarrio, Jeremy Bertino and John Turano, as well as the group’s limited liability corporation.

In a blistering order, Kravitz described the “highly orchestrated” and “hateful and overtly racist conduct” from members of the Proud Boys during the “attack” on the Metropolitan AME church, in which a Black Lives Matter sign owned by the church was allegedly destroyed.

According to Kravitz’s order, on December 12, 2020, several people in Proud Boys regalia “leaped over Metropolitan AME’s fence, entered the church’s property, and went directly to the Black Lives Matter sign. They then broke the zip ties that held the sign in place, tore down the sign, threw it to the ground, and stomped on it while loudly celebrating. Many others then jumped over the fence onto the church’s property and joined in the celebration of the sign’s destruction.”

Describing the target of the attack, Kravitz wrote, “For generations, the leaders of Metropolitan AME and the members of its congregation have vocally and publicly supported movements for civil rights and racial justice,” adding, “Church leaders and congregants view supporting the Black Lives Matter movement as a continuation of the church’s mission of advocacy for civil rights and racial justice.”

The church sought compensatory damages as part of the civil suit, in part to repair the sign and increase security in the wake of the attack and due to “ongoing threats,” the order said.

“The ultimate goal of this lawsuit was not monetary windfall, but to stop the Proud Boys from being able to act with impunity, without fear of consequences for their actions,” the plaintiff’s co-counsel, Arthur Ago, said in a statement after the judgment. “And that’s exactly what we accomplished.”

In his rebuke of the Proud Boys, the judge wrote that the group has “incited and committed acts of violence against members of Black and African American communities across the country. They also have victimized women, Muslims, Jews, immigrants, and other historically marginalized people.”

• Hook 'Em 4

More insight into why Dobbs is so important to these people:

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/charlie-kirk-spews-sexism-at-turning-point-usa-event-in-north-texas-16793612

At a women’s conference in Grapevine over the weekend, prominent conservatives rallied around an astonishingly sexist message: Ditch your careers and start pumpin’ out babies, lest ye become a salty old hag someday. 

Yes, really.
Charlie Kirk, founder of the right-wing nonprofit organization Turning Point USA, effectively set the tone for the Young Women's Leadership Summit by mansplaining to the audience how they should live their lives. The political commentator leaned into gender stereotypes the way your drunk Uncle Harry leans into the bar around closing time: hard.

At one point during the dayslong event, a young woman opened up about her goal of becoming an orthopedic surgeon. She said she’ll be 30 by the time she can even think of starting a family and asked Kirk for his take.

I realize that there are not many of them left, but I cant imagine the disgust that any surviving WWII veterans must feel observing this bullshit. Fucking GQP endorsing hitler for fucks sake.  What a kick in the goddamn nuts that must be. 

• Rage+1 2

I love the idea that a racist, election denying piece of shit tries to paint his comments as anything but support for authoritarian leaders.  For one thing, kids aren't being denied exposure to Hitler's history and words, nor are they being denied the same for Mussolini and Stalin.  I don't know if curricula have expanded to include Pol Pot or Castro, but I doubt there's a concerted effort to bury those stories.

Mom's For Freedom fucking quoted Hitler outright.  Give me a break.

I realize that there are not many of them left, but I cant imagine the disgust that any surviving WWII veterans must feel observing this bullshit. Fucking GQP endorsing hitler for fucks sake.  What a kick in the goddamn nuts that must be. 
They're still voting R, because it's what Ike would have wanted.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
7 hours ago, Blotto said:

They're still voting R, because it's what Ike would have wanted.

They may still be voting R, but I doubt Ike would be putting up with the GQP bullshit, seeing as how he was pro civil rights and anti-deficit spending for the military. Ike would be labeled a woke, liberal commie by the GQP these  days. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, BamaATL said:

Ron DeSantis strikes me as the kind of guy who shows up to funerals in an attempt to drum up burial insurance sales.  It's a different kind of sleaze altogether.  

It's a different kind of sleaze

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

George Washington to Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton and Ben Franklin:  "Who the fuck are those nimrods?  We better stay over here; they're giving me the creeps."

Edited by Matuka
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Would’ve been more fitting to put them at the Wannsee Conference.

Would be even more fitting if the MAGA movement leaders were on the trains instead of trying to deport others.  

The Final Solution to the MAGA Question will have to be addressed one day.  Most of them will die off or assimilate back into society to remain employable, socially acceptable, not imprisoned.  But 20 years from now, there's still gonna be a few million that just won't go away and I believe they will take out their resentment and regret in the form of intra-border guerrilla warfare and domestic terrorism.  After all, what will they have to lose?  

I think it's a 51/49 chance that in 20 years time, I'll be reading a college application, scholarship application, job application, background check for a company we're working with, etc.  And I'll have to ask in all seriousness, of the applicant, "And it says here that both you and your parents were members of the Party from 2024-2028...is that correct?"  And I'll have to ask disturbing follow up questions and I'll awkward about it, and I'll have to remind myself and the applicant that they did this to my country, not me.  I don't want to play McCarthyism witch hunter.  But paint me in a corner and I'll torch your surname within an inch of your dollar general rewards fob.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

nv2a46ap3hcb1.jpg

I've actually had a similar conversation with my Qanon-inlaw and her boyfriend. A few times that they've bitched about what the Democrats will do if given power in Texas, I point out to her that with a Republican governor and legislature, she still has to drive 45 minutes to the middle of fucking nowhere to buy her raw milk and unpasteurized crap.  And when she's mentioned having to go "on a milk run" I ask her if she spends the 90 minutes it takes there and back, thinking about how free she is under a Republican governor and legislature.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy