Weird College Roommate

F250

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Ha, 2 of my sisters went to Menlo.  There were a lot of "characters" there.  

I mean, I probably have a million ridiculous stories and I don't want to hijack the thread. But did your sisters tell you about the Coke Boat? One fraternity used to charter a big boat every year for a nighttime spin around the SF Bay. Coke Boat was how it was known and how the party was marketed. It was everywhere out in the open on that boat.  A multi-billionaire Saudi prince went to school there. He graduated before I arrived, but he had a house down the street from the school. I don't know if I've ever been to a party so lavish before or since, and that doesn't include the huge piles of coke available for guests. Coke, multiple ice sculptures, full bar, and a crazy food spread, all for mostly underage college kids.

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I mean, I probably have a million ridiculous stories and I don't want to hijack the thread. But did your sisters tell you about the Coke Boat? One fraternity used to charter a big boat every year for a nighttime spin around the SF Bay. Coke Boat was how it was known and how the party was marketed. It was everywhere out in the open on that boat.  A multi-billionaire Saudi prince went to school there. He graduated before I arrived, but he had a house down the street from the school. I don't know if I've ever been to a party so lavish before or since, and that doesn't include the huge piles of coke available for guests. Coke, multiple ice sculptures, full bar, and a crazy food spread, all for mostly underage college kids.

Not the coke boat per se, but I went and visited once and there was coke everywhere.  Buncha rich kids who couldn't get in anywhere else (no offense) and partied like crazy.  This was mid-80's, so everyone was.  But they took it to extremes.

This should be in the Lulz thread and would get more views there....   

Mine were really not that bad.

But did have a friend that had a roommate that “worked at fedex” and would collect the rent check wrote to him and then pay rent.  Well like month two he collects the checks hangs around a few days then disappears.  Then they got a eviction notice, the guy had never payed the rent and just cashed their checks and come to find out never worked for fedex.   I think they eventually got paid back as he was a friend of a friend.  

Did have friends/roommates take my car home from wurstfest, that closed on Thursday nights at like eleven then take my car home because I left with a girl.  We lived in San Marcos at the time.  Get back to the apartment and around one I call to see why they aren’t home.  They tell me they ran out of gas on a backroad headed home?  Their phones die right when me and the other roommate and his gf head out to look for them.  After driving around for a while we find my suv a few miles from home and they are no where to be found.  So we go get gas and drive my car home.  They walked all the way home and got back around 8 am...

On 10/28/2018 at 9:46 AM, Chopper said:

My luck of the draw first college roommate was tall and thin and pasty. He'd drink a weird brew of some cleansing tea every night. It stunk up the room. When he spoke on the phone with his mom you could sometimes hear the anger seething in his voice. He was very quiet, wasn't interested in either sports, music or girls, had zero friends and I got a strange vibe from the guy though I can't recall many specific details about it and maybe there were none, I just don't recall. I hated spending time in my room; when he'd go away for a weekend it was like a huge dark cloud was lifted. I went to the dean of housing, told him about how uncomfortable I was with this guy and asking to be moved. The dean's attitude was, "You want me to go to the trouble of assigning you a different room because he makes a strange smelling tea?" I said, it's just very difficult to explain, he makes me uncomfortable and I am pretty sure he's gay. I don't know why I said that...I think it must have been my fall back in case the other reasons didn't work. Anyway, the school moved him to a single room within a couple days and I ended up with a nice, nerdy roommate.

Reveal hidden contents

After the first summer break, I returned for my soph year and one of my friends asked if I had heard about what happened to that first roommate. I hadn't. It was shocking. To make this less sickening to type, I'll just use the scientific terms to tell you what he did. Matricide. Necrophilia (with his mom). Then he turned himself in to the police. I learned later his older brother had committed suicide before he (my old roommate) went to college and he apparently blamed his mom.

dude...

Lived alone all 4 years.  I did have a roommate when I did an internship in Houston though.  He was from A&M but wasn't a redass aggy.  He didn't get in to UT so he went to A&M.  Pretty cool guy that liked to smoke a bowl every now and then.

I do have a pretty funny story though.  Got along with my neighbor really well to the point of us hanging out at each other's place.  He was a Spanish major from a very small town in West Texas.  One night around 11, my girlfriend (wife now) had come to town to visit for the weekend.  We were watching TV and all of a sudden start hearing a skill saw going on in the apartment next to ours.  About 10 minutes go by and we can still here the saw going off and on.  I peak my head out of the door and see his truck backed up to the building with a bunch of wood (2x4s, ply wood, etc) in it.  His door is wide open so I walk down and ask him what he's doing.  The dude is building a 5 foot wine rack at 11 PM on a Saturday night in an apartment in west campus.  He asks me if I want him to make me one.  I still have it 10 years later.

• Like 4

I was probably the weird/bad roommate my freshman year.  I lived in Dobie in a 2 bedroom suite with a living room in between with 3 friends from HS.  My mom came down a few weeks after I moved in for my birthday and for my bday present she gave me 2 live hamsters and a cage (wtf!?!?).  I didn't have the heart to tell her to take them home with her, so I kept them.  I was good about feeding/watering them, but not good at cleaning cage.  After 2-3 weeks, they were able to chew through the cage and get loose.  I was too cheap/lazy to go buy another cage, so I just let them free roam in our dorm room.  I left them food and water in a corner, and they would only piss/shit in one particular corner.  I would take whatever free sorority crush or random college free tshirt and leave in that corner.  They would pee and shit on it and when it got bad I would just wad it up and go throw it away in the laundry room.  They lived there for a couple of months, and for some reason would crawl into one of the roommate's bed when he was asleep and would always freak him out.  I finally talked some girl into taking them.

My roommate that I actually shared a room with bragged to me how much smarter he was than me and scheduled all late classes so he could sleep in every day.  Every morning I woke up I would blare "Winds of Change" by Scorpions on my computer then password lock it before I left for class.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I was probably the weird/bad roommate my freshman year.  I lived in Dobie in a 2 bedroom suite with a living room in between with 3 friends from HS.  My mom came down a few weeks after I moved in for my birthday and for my bday present she gave me 2 live hamsters and a cage (wtf!?!?).  I didn't have the heart to tell her to take them home with her, so I kept them.  I was good about feeding/watering them, but not good at cleaning cage.  After 2-3 weeks, they were able to chew through the cage and get loose.  I was too cheap/lazy to go buy another cage, so I just let them free roam in our dorm room.  I left them food and water in a corner, and they would only piss/shit in one particular corner.  I would take whatever free sorority crush or random college free tshirt and leave in that corner.  They would pee and shit on it and when it got bad I would just wad it up and go throw it away in the laundry room.  They lived there for a couple of months, and for some reason would crawl into one of the roommate's bed when he was asleep and would always freak him out.  I finally talked some girl into taking them.

My roommate that I actually shared a room with bragged to me how much smarter he was than me and scheduled all late classes so he could sleep in every day.  Every morning I woke up I would blare "Winds of Change" by Scorpions on my computer then password lock it before I left for class.

He might have been smarter, but you definitely had him beat in the sly department.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 7:41 AM, Ollie Slatt said:

My freshman roommate is a great guy.  We have been friends most of our lives. But during freshman year he just sort of lost all inhibitions and gave in to weirder impulses, most of which involved trolling the other dudes on our dorm floor.  We still keep up and laugh about all this shit now.  Examples include:

- upon realizing most of the other guys on the dorm floor were small town redneck dudes, he painted our dorm room pink.  Also started wearing a sweater with a big rainbow across the front.  

-  He hung up a bunch of pinups in the room that I am pretty sure came from vintage copies of JET magazine.   I had to take them down because it freaked out every girl that came to our room. 

- He found a hat/mask from a child's blues clues Halloween costume. Would wear it -- and nothing else -- down to the communal bathroom on the floor to take a piss (often in the sink).  Would also occasionally urinate in the dorm elevator (while sober)  

- He downloaded a mp3 of loud sex noises.  When we were going out for the evening, he would sometimes crank that up on his computer and then leave it on for hours while we were gone.  

I think there is a ton of other stuff I am forgetting.  Eventually the other guys in our dorm decided they liked the roommate after realizing he was not gay and was a musician (which somehow made all the strange behavior seem acceptable to them).  

On 10/29/2018 at 9:41 AM, bluto said:

Got me feeling like thread police... pissing in a communal sink and elevator intentionally is grounds for ass whipping outright

Yeah, after reading post 1, I was thinking along the lines of post 2.

I never had a male roommate, ever.  All of my roommates have been girls that I was fucking, or girls that I would be fucking in the near future.  No funny stories, just the usual chick bitchy stuff. 

Roommate freshman year was a small time drug dealer who escalated over time. At first, small amounts of weed, X, LSD, shrooms. Then tar heroin. 

It was the day I came in from class to find him with two sketchy dudes in our room and a brick of weed wrapped in plastic wrap - a good 2x1x1 foot block. 

Told him I wasn't interested in finishing my freshman year with a felony. He was cool about it, and it was stored elsewhere. 

He's now a successful tax attorney in Southern California. 

On 10/27/2018 at 8:26 AM, Telegraph_it said:

My roommate was from the valley and was a something something scholar that gave him a free ride and a stipend. His first month at school he spent the entire stipend on Oakley’s and asked me for some cash to make it until next month. 

Overall he was a cool guy though. 

Oakley’s what?

On 11/1/2018 at 12:43 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Lived alone all 4 years.  I did have a roommate when I did an internship in Houston though.  He was from A&M but wasn't a redass aggy.  He didn't get in to UT so he went to A&M.  Pretty cool guy that liked to smoke a bowl every now and then.

I do have a pretty funny story though.  Got along with my neighbor really well to the point of us hanging out at each other's place.  He was a Spanish major from a very small town in West Texas.  One night around 11, my girlfriend (wife now) had come to town to visit for the weekend.  We were watching TV and all of a sudden start hearing a skill saw going on in the apartment next to ours.  About 10 minutes go by and we can still here the saw going off and on.  I peak my head out of the door and see his truck backed up to the building with a bunch of wood (2x4s, ply wood, etc) in it.  His door is wide open so I walk down and ask him what he's doing.  The dude is building a 5 foot wine rack at 11 PM on a Saturday night in an apartment in west campus.  He asks me if I want him to make me one.  I still have it 10 years later.

I did something similar.  Built a table with one 2x4 and a No Parking sign we had acquired.  Except it was about 4am after about a 12 pack and multiple bong rips.  We built it directly outside of my buddy's sliding door on his balcony and he had a mid-term the next day.  He was not happy, but that table lasted several years.

1 hour ago, Txzen said:

brick of weed wrapped in plastic wrap - a good 2x1x1 foot block.  

A friend of ours at SWT used to get these at wholesale prices in Mexico. Dude would drive down to Mexico and come back, like he was going to the store for a six pack of beer.

One night me and my roommates had some people over for a little party to celebrate midterms, just a BYOB get together. Early in the evening a couple of girls start asking for weed. We don't have much to share so I call up our friend in San Marcos. Tell him, to get his ass up to Austin as soon as possible. He showed up an hour later like a marijuana Santa Claus. The party escalated fast after that. Some how two kegs showed up in our backyard, we setup a 6ft bong next to it. We had a lot of spontaneous parties back then but this one was definitely the best one. A majority of the unknown people showing up were female. We managed to hit the golden mean with the F/M ratio.

• Like 1

Ok, back to weird roommates.

Spring semester of Sophomore year, I moved into a duplex off of Parmer with a friend's old roommate. I kinda knew the dude but not really. I thought he was just a quiet guy and didn't realize how much of a tight ass he was.

The guy was from Galena Park, probably one of Jade's uncles. He actually was a good guy but had some odd habits.

- He looked like a real life Smithers from the Simpsons.

- He would only poop every 3 days. Said it was cathartic to wait so long. He was literally anal retentive.

- He only pooped at the 7-11 around the corner so he wouldn't have to buy toilet paper.

- He also stole food from 7-11 so he wouldn't have to spend money on food. He also would try and scam food from JiB and McDonald's to avoid spending money. He wasn't really a thief, he just didn't like spending money.

- Said he didn't masturbate because he got caught doing it as a 13 year old and didn't want to talk about it. We coerced this out of him with a combination of weed and Rohypnal. My girlfriend cried because it was such a deep confession. I laughed for what felt like hours.

- He also got into selling X for awhile. He was a weird combination of a naive nerd and criminal.

Freshman year, Dobie, 2000. Roommate was about 5'1 little dude with a "girlfriend back home" that he only had Napoleon Dynamite glamour shots of. Girl in the pic was a 30yo stripper. 

Dude loved X and weed. I mean he was rolling by himself on Tuesday nights in our bathroom with 2 glow sticks in each hand dueling himself in the mirror. Smoked weed and blew into the cardboard tube with dryer sheets that fooled nobody. He was a CS major but never went to class. Spring semester he got a 0.0 - this was while taking beginners tennis, which only had one assignment the whole semester, which he didn't do. He went on ScoPro with almost a nothing GPA after our freshman year. 

That being said I'm pretty sure he went back and graduated before I did. 

• Like 1

One time I lived with two other guys that were a few years younger and I was the responsible one,  so I dealt with the management company and bills and stuff.   I went out of town for a week or so.   I get back to find out the plumbing clogged up.   And instead of calling maintenance, they had been shitting in trash bags.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

One time I lived with two other guys that were a few years younger and I was the responsible one,  so I dealt with the management company and bills and stuff.   I went out of town for a week or so.   I get back to find out the plumbing clogged up.   And instead of calling maintenance, they had been shitting in trash bags.   

Haha, people shitting in trash bags.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:27 AM, XYZ said:

My first semester roommate at Jester was fucking weird. Totally anti-social. Back then (mid-90s) we had dialup internet. If you were connected to the internet and somebody tried to call you, the internet connection would fall out or something. Anyway, one time my fucking weird roommate is on the internet, and a friend of mine tries to call me, so his connection gets messed up and he answers and says “could you please never call here again?”. He would never mingle with anybody on the floor. And the most ridiculous thing about that stupid fucking dude was...are you sitting down for this...he was a nursing student. I cannot conceive of a more ill-suited career for that fucking asshole than nursing.

Was his name Greg?

7 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Just remember,  just because someone has a college degree, it doesn't mean they are not a moron.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I spent 4 months smuggling literally billions of dollars of paper currency and gold bullion over international boarders thru the rails in 1996 before the Euro came online? 

I was 16 and it was the time of my life...

what where we talking about?

Edited by Doc Reeves

On 11/2/2018 at 1:52 PM, Txzen said:

Roommate freshman year was a small time drug dealer who escalated over time. At first, small amounts of weed, X, LSD, shrooms. Then tar heroin. 

It was the day I came in from class to find him with two sketchy dudes in our room and a brick of weed wrapped in plastic wrap - a good 2x1x1 foot block. 

Told him I wasn't interested in finishing my freshman year with a felony. He was cool about it, and it was stored elsewhere. 

He's now a successful tax attorney in Southern California. 

One of mine strictly stuck to selling weed but he did it in bulk.   It was only a 1 bedroom apartment but I don't think he ever slept in his more than a few times.  He'd just lay on the couch hitting the bong constantly and watching cartoons.  Dude lived off of Coke and Cool Ranch Doritos.    I don't think he ever bought anything else. 

Came home one night from work to find him and three other people baked out of their minds watching Fantasia.  One of them gave me shit for turning the kitchen light on so I could make dinner.  When I went into the bathroom, I look over on his bed and see maybe 10 gallon Zip-Loc baggies filled with pot.   I walked back out to other room and lose my shit.   "Dude, this is go to jail for the rest of your life amounts of pot."   He replies....   "Who says it mine?   It could be yours."   Fuck that.  I moved out the next day and crashed on a friends floor for the rest of the semester.   Want to smoke like Cheech and Chong?   Go for it.   Have a felony amount of weed in our place?   Fuck no.

21 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

One of mine strictly stuck to selling weed but he did it in bulk.   It was only a 1 bedroom apartment but I don't think he ever slept in his more than a few times.  He'd just lay on the couch hitting the bong constantly and watching cartoons.  Dude lived off of Coke and Cool Ranch Doritos.    I don't think he ever bought anything else. 

Came home one night from work to find him and three other people baked out of their minds watching Fantasia.  One of them gave me shit for turning the kitchen light on so I could make dinner.  When I went into the bathroom, I look over on his bed and see maybe 10 gallon Zip-Loc baggies filled with pot.   I walked back out to other room and lose my shit.   "Dude, this is go to jail for the rest of your life amounts of pot."   He replies....   "Who says it mine?   It could be yours."   Fuck that.  I moved out the next day and crashed on a friends floor for the rest of the semester.   Want to smoke like Cheech and Chong?   Go for it.   Have a felony amount of weed in our place?   Fuck no.

Couple of my roommates did all their smoking and dealing in an old living room that they rented as their bedroom. These guys went to great pains to call that bedroom "The Common Room", as in, use it for a shortcut to the back door anytime, it's the Common Room, Common Room always calling it the Common Room.

Turns out that if they got busted for weed in their own bedroom, they get in trouble. If they get busted for it in "The Common Room", we all go down together.

Not like anybody was ever going to rat on them, but that was just an extra shit-heel touch, trying to make us all responsible for their hobbies.

My sophomore year I got a place with two friends.  One I was good friends with in high school.  He was built like Tank Abbot from the old UFC days, was going to community college and had to work hard to make Cs.  Really good, down to earth dude.  The other friend I had met freshman year.  He was a computer science major and was the type of guy who was always the smartest in the room.    He was fine most of the time,  but when he would smoke a bowl or get drunk he would talk to others like they were idiots.  My Tank abbot friend did not like him at all.  I told the clever one that he needed to watch the way he talked or Tank would snap one day.  He thought I was being dramatic and insisted that they got along just fine.  One day he gets drunk, starts mouthing off as usual, gets a little cocky and tells Tank that his puppy is getting on his nerves, picks up the pup and drops him outside.  Tank explodes and unleashes months of pent up frustration.  He drags him kicking and screaming into the front yard and proceeds to open handed smack him around the yard like a rag doll.  He looks over at me in sheer desperation to intercede, but I just stood there and watched because frankly I thought he deserved it and I probably couldn't stop the onslaught if I wanted to.  Eventually he balls up into the fetal position and starts sobbing and apologizing and begging for mercy.  It was quite the spectacle.  Eventually I had to ask him to go find another place to stay because none of my others friends could stand him and I was worried he would get more beatings.  He was devastated and didn't understand why no one liked him.  I felt really bad about it, but I didn't know what else to do.  

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

And that guy was Ted Cruz.

He was more like the John Nash character on the beautiful mind movie.  To this day he is one of the oddest characters I've ever met.  He was probably some type of prodigy and could solve problems with no effort, but could not read people or social situations at all.  Even when we would warn him to be nice for a party and he was on his best behavior, it was like he was a bad actor in a play doing his best to play a part.  I heard he went off to California and got some lead programming job for one of the big software companies.  He's probably sitting on piles of money now.  

10 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Who says it's mine? It could be yours. 

Fuck that shit. Fast forward to the next day.

Hey have you seen a Ziploc bag or 2 full of my weed?

Who says it's yours? Could be mine.

• Like 1

Not exactly roommates but my next door townhome neighbors. Of note - we all had the same address, the units were differentiated by A,B,C,etc. They were Ok guys, but enjoyed some low level weed dealing which steadily grew into mid level weed dealing and then started selling cocaine and other fun things. Unfortunately these idiots were selling to an undercover cop for months, and in increasing amounts and type of drug.

The day of reckoning comes and FWPD tactical units show up at 6am to arrest everyone and complete this ongoing undercover operation. Only problem is that they didn’t have the entire address, only the number and street name. So I get woken up at 6am to extremely aggressive banging on my door, run downstairs, see it’s the police and open the door and find myself slammed to the ground immediately with about four police pinning me down and others searching my place. They felt pretty silly when I explained to them what had happened. They apologized and went next door and performed their “raid” a second time.

I received about a 100 lawyer letters over the next month or two with the same address mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're lucky to be alive.

Not exactly roommates but my next door townhome neighbors. Of note - we all had the same address, the units were differentiated by A,B,C,etc. They were Ok guys, but enjoyed some low level weed dealing which steadily grew into mid level weed dealing and then started selling cocaine and other fun things. Unfortunately these idiots were selling to an undercover cop for months, and in increasing amounts and type of drug.

The day of reckoning comes and FWPD tactical units show up at 6am to arrest everyone and complete this ongoing undercover operation. Only problem is that they didn’t have the entire address, only the number and street name. So I get woken up at 6am to extremely aggressive banging on my door, run downstairs, see it’s the police and open the door and find myself slammed to the ground immediately with about four police pinning me down and others searching my place. They felt pretty silly when I explained to them what had happened. They apologized and went next door and performed their “raid” a second time.

I received about a 100 lawyer letters over the next month or two with the same address mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk