ESPN apologizes for corrupt James Carville calling the SEC commish corrupt on Gameday

clapclapclap

Since everyone seems to agree with him, I guess you all bought into the BOMC and the B12 running everything through UT?

FWIW, I wish they had overturned the White suspension, while it technically was a correct call, as the rule is currently written, it was not intentional. I think when they first came out with the targeting rule, it was a little more flexible. It could be overturned completely, it could be called as a personal foul but no targeting or it could be the full deal. Of course that called for some measure of judgement. I think they simplified it, making it either targeting or nothing but that made it so that many more end up being targeting. They need to go back to original rule and add a true appeal process. If there is no intent, then it gets overturned, at least the targeting portion.

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Meanwhile, Herbstreit fled Baton Rouge ahead of the mobs and guillotine.  Escaped the Princesse de Lamballe finish.

I thought the golf cart was due to flip over from all the bad karma around tOSU athletics... Haha. kidding...

18 hours ago, bamachine said:

Since everyone seems to agree with him, I guess you all bought into the BOMC and the B12 running everything through UT?

FWIW, I wish they had overturned the White suspension, while it technically was a correct call, as the rule is currently written, it was not intentional. I think when they first came out with the targeting rule, it was a little more flexible. It could be overturned completely, it could be called as a personal foul but no targeting or it could be the full deal. Of course that called for some measure of judgement. I think they simplified it, making it either targeting or nothing but that made it so that many more end up being targeting. They need to go back to original rule and add a true appeal process. If there is no intent, then it gets overturned, at least the targeting portion.

I kind of fall into the, it wouldn't have made a shit of difference category if those guys would have played or not, they weren't beating Bama. To kind of quote Carville, it's the talent  stupid. And Bama has way more of it.

18 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Rule no.1 on shaggy surly horns, don't dispute what they say about your school of choice, just deal with it.

You’ve been extra salty the last couple of days. Hopefully, this football season has been the bright spot of your year. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

James Carville is awesome.

Yep.  He almost always delivers.

My politics are different, but he's funny as hell and calls a spade a spade, at least from his perspective.

19 hours ago, bamachine said:

allowing interpretation of intent makes even more room for shenanigans...which the SEC fucking thrives on.

Carville's been tooting that horn all year - he was on Finebaum this very week touting it.  ESPN knew what they were getting.  Either they're stupid as fuck or brilliant as fuck and laughing all the way to the Twitter "post" button.

But my guess is that they're the former.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

ESPN:  “Diverse opinions are encouraged.”

Curt Schilling:  “SMDH”

That means that all the other 11 teams are to agree to various degrees of diversity, in acknowledging that the SEC is on the up&up, and so is ESPN... That diversity...

2 hours ago, bernorange said:

Can't watch twitter videos.  What exactly did Carville say?

54 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Basically that the targeting call on Devin White was BS and it was Greg Sankey that decided to uphold the suspension because he wants Alabama to do well.

But strengthened his case by citing 4 teams that had key players suspended for their Bama games.  Implied  pattern.

Edited by clapclapclap
Allegedly alleged