Official 2018 bitch about family/holiday drama thread

GhostOfTomJoad

Currently stuck at my wife's grandparent's house.  NBC is on and 2 old chicks from the Today Show have been yapping non-stop for 30 straight mins.

I think that's my issue with fam.  The utter lack of control to change the channel or hide in another room.  In Dallas we always host so I'm in control or have the ability to jet or hide for a bit.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 12/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, spystud13 said:
20% alc is 40 proof, jesus fuck. 

How does an adult male not know this?

He quit(ter) drinking, became stupid, and decided to become a preachy, know-it-all a-hole.   Only the last part is required to post here.

Not sure what the highlight was for me this year:

A) My brother-in-law got engaged, and his soon to be father-in-law is a mall Santa.  At first it was kind of cool for my kids to talk to "Santa", but then every restaurant or other outing we had, there was a line of kids and their parents wanting to take pictures with him.  Got old quick.

B) My other brother-in-law (early 50s, sells animal feed for a living, militant right wing, 3 guns on him at any point in time) shows up Christmas eve completely plastered (however that didn't stop him from driving his family there in his F250), and spent the whole night explaining to everyone why North Shore was able to win the high school football championship because they had the right mix of "athletes" (errr....) and enough latinos to find a good kicker. 

My MIL is in a perpetual state of death.  She's been sure she's about to die for 15 years.  So, every time we visit. We get to take home a bunch of crap that she's saved.  L

Last time it was 4 boxes of fabric.  Cool.  My wife doesn't sew.  No telling what they're going through right now.

4 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Not sure what the highlight was for me this year:

A) My brother-in-law got engaged, and his soon to be father-in-law is a mall Santa.  At first it was kind of cool for my kids to talk to "Santa", but then every restaurant or other outing we had, there was a line of kids and their parents wanting to take pictures with him.  Got old quick.

B) My other brother-in-law (early 50s, sells animal feed for a living, militant right wing, 3 guns on him at any point in time) shows up Christmas eve completely plastered (however that didn't stop him from driving his family there in his F250), and spent the whole night explaining to everyone why North Shore was able to win the high school football championship because they had the right mix of "athletes" (errr....) and enough latinos to find a good kicker. 

which bro in law did you give the rude awakening to?

22 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Here you go Brat.  I'll take the one on my right plz.  You can have the dude on the left.

tdy_health_klg_knickles_170522.jpg

That pic does AB absolutely no good, you should know by now he sees everything upside down on here.  To him, you’re taking Hoda and calling The Giffer Killer a man. 

Went to my brothers house.  Dog started barking at me, not mean or aggressive, just barking.

My brothers wife and one of his step kids say "That's weird, he normally only barks at black people".  I take a glance at my brother and he's doing the Picard meme, and just shaking his head pretty much telling me "don't say anything".  We were both raised the same, in south Dallas and on Military Bases, so it was weird to hear that from his family.  I made sure not to tell my wife about it since she's obviously not White.

1 hour ago, AM Wood said:

Dogs are more racist than people. Have you ever seen Cesar Milan feed the 50 or so dogs at his ranch? After they eat they all go lay in the shade. Rotts with rotts, Shepherds with shepherds, pit bulls with pit bulls. Looks like a high school cafeteria. 

Sounds like a bad Kristy McNichols movie. 

Went to my brothers house.  Dog started barking at me, not mean or aggressive, just barking.

My brothers wife and one of his step kids say "That's weird, he normally only barks at black people".  I take a glance at my brother and he's doing the Picard meme, and just shaking his head pretty much telling me "don't say anything".  We were both raised the same, in south Dallas and on Military Bases, so it was weird to hear that from his family.  I made sure not to tell my wife about it since she's obviously not White.
He was just making an observation, doesn't sound racist to me. Now if he had used a slur that would be another story.

20 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:
4 hours ago, Drew said:

He was just making an observation, doesn't sound racist to me. Now if he had used a slur that would be another story.

Agree.  Sounds like the kid is observant and the dog is racist.

Had a friend who had a rescue lab.  Dog was nice and great, but if a black man in a baseball cap came near the dog turned into Cujo and it took two people to hold the leash to keep it from attacking.  We assumed she had been mistreated by a black man in a baseball cap.... or she hated negro league baseball.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Would have dropped an "I'm only white from the waist up" on the wife and step kid. 

On 12/26/2018 at 10:12 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Currently stuck at my wife's grandparent's house.  NBC is on and 2 old chicks from the Today Show have been yapping non-stop for 30 straight mins.

I think that's my issue with fam.  The utter lack of control to change the channel or hide in another room.  In Dallas we always host so I'm in control or have the ability to jet or hide for a bit.

I always find it difficult to accept old people setting the heat to 79 degrees.   

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I always find it difficult to accept old people setting the heat to 79 degrees.   

I slept on a pullout in the back of my granddad's house over Christmas. I woke up the first night butt-ass naked with not even a sheet across me. Had to open a window it was so damn hot (and this is with it being in the 30s outside at night). 

I used to wonder why my wife and her sisters were so fragile when it came to A/C when they'd visit.  They are all from a barren, blizzard-torn heap in Western Kansas.  I've been there a dozen times when it's been well below zero with a windchill and snowdrift that will make you question the existence of God.  And I thought, "how can they get so chilly and whiny with an A/C at 76 degrees?"  Then I realized after several years, it's because their parents kept the house near 80 in the Winter.  18-25 years there, they never acclimated to the cold.