Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

On 8/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, texifornia said:

Closest I could get in FBS in the modern era was that one year UCF was going to be the Citronauts before switching to the Knights

FTUStudentHandbook1968_69Cover_medium.jp

Otherwise, just a whole lot of changing shades (most recently BYU)

They should've kept both - Florida Tech and Citronauts

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We mostly played like shit on Saturday, but we did look good.

OSU.jpg

Within the constraints imposed by the color and the school abbreviation as the logo, that’s a solid look. It’s a shame a decent Cowboy logo never took hold on the helmets, but the the straightforward pants and numbers along with the decent stripes and orange facemask make this a good look for them, imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 3:31 PM, 'stache said:

If I were UH I'd change the color scheme to that permanently since the NFL team will never get them back. Raises a question, has a program every had a complete change in primary colors? I think I've seen that Colorado was light blue a million years ago and changed. I'm not talking changes in shading, I'm talking about complete change in colors altogether. Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

Penn state started out as pink and black but changed to navy and white in the 1890s. The basketball team uses pink and black as an alternate every now and then. 

On 8/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, texifornia said:

Closest I could get in FBS in the modern era was that one year UCF was going to be the Citronauts before switching to the Knights

FTUStudentHandbook1968_69Cover_medium.jp

Otherwise, just a whole lot of changing shades (most recently BYU)

Mrs.LL is a UCF alumna, and now I have to go find some citronaut gear for her for Christmas.  Because that is awesome.

Before now, I didn't know that I needed an anthropomorphic orange in a space helmet in my life.  But it turns out that I totally needed an anthropomorphic orange in a space helmet in my life.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Blotto said:

I think I kind of dig these. The helmets are sharp. Its a lot of yellow, but not bad.

One thing WVU Has going for it is the Shape of the State is recognizable and they have the stylized WV logo that is similar to the shape of the state and also looks like mountains.

Edited by TexasEd

On 9/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Mrs.LL is a UCF alumna, and now I have to go find some citronaut gear for her for Christmas.  Because that is awesome.

Before now, I didn't know that I needed an anthropomorphic orange in a space helmet in my life.  But it turns out that I totally needed an anthropomorphic orange in a space helmet in my life.

there are a bunch of stickers on redbubble and homefield has a couple of awesome citronaut shirts

image.png.5ed4ccc801f5b0ceba6fa707f5b148a1.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

this is an awesome logo

that color of matte dark green is pretty damn cool as well - i am assuming they aren't using that cheap ass ass sticker on the actual game helmets and they will be cut out/trimmed.

image.thumb.png.18b70d959c432828480a3343aae333f5.png

I think it looks awesome. Gallagher Iba Arena still has old etchings on the wall with OAMC in fancy font but I don't think the letters interlock. I searched and couldn't find a photo. I'll need to remember to get a photo next time. It's pretty cool as part of our school's history. 

46 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I am so happy that we have everything sorted out from our fabulously shitastic 1-3 start that we can focus on a uniform reveal/fashion show each week.

Over It Ugh GIF

Yes I'm sure this is what the entire team is totally focused on and this isn't at all a tiny thing that dozens of ADs around the country do to try and pull a little excitement out of the fanbase. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Yes I'm sure this is what the entire team is totally focused on and this isn't at all a tiny thing that dozens of ADs around the country do to try and pull a little excitement out of the fanbase. 

The players do pick the uniform for each week but, maybe turn on your humor meter, just a bit, and loosen up some.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The players do pick the uniform for each week but, maybe turn on your humor meter, just a bit, and loosen up some.

Likewise big guy. Didn't realize the players picked though. At my undergrad they released a uni schedule at the beginning of the year, and we also suck, so there's literally nothing to get us excited each week. 

34 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So I'm almost a week late on this, but I have to say... I'm very pleased with how we have "standardized" our uniform look this year. So much better than a bunch of wacky combinations that would be sometimes good and sometimes meh.

OSU-2.jpg

You guys have some really excellent uniform options, but that whole "Oregon of the Plains" streak you were on yielded some abortions too.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys have some really excellent uniform options, but that whole "Oregon of the Plains" streak you were on yielded some abortions too.

I only hated when they threw in grey and when they used the horrid sheriff badge helmet with a bunch of nonsense in the background. I also hated the oversized Pete head and am glad that I rarely see it anywhere else either. Regardless, everything we've worn since 2005 had been a monumental upgrade over these abortions which we hatefully referred to as the "digital clock" era.

Little has changed for former OSU quarterback Aso Pogi 13 months after  Sports Illustrated investigation

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

So I'm almost a week late on this, but I have to say... I'm very pleased with how we have "standardized" our uniform look this year. So much better than a bunch of wacky combinations that would be sometimes good and sometimes meh.

OSU-2.jpg.b9350839b0ad76992948dc499c3bd2e0.jpg

What did I miss last week? The Endzones and uni stripes were red? I think it was last week.

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I only hated when they threw in grey and when they used the horrid sheriff badge helmet with a bunch of nonsense in the background. I also hated the oversized Pete head and am glad that I rarely see it anywhere else either. Regardless, everything we've worn since 2005 had been a monumental upgrade over these abortions which we hatefully referred to as the "digital clock" era.

Little has changed for former OSU quarterback Aso Pogi 13 months after  Sports Illustrated investigation

Yeah, those weren't good.  I remember Al Pena and the Pokes rocking that vintage in Jack Trice my junior year.  I think it was Gundy's first season.