Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Since it relates to this thread, with the wild amount of fund buying piling into corn and wheat with everything going on the US cash markets for corn and wheat have ceased to function normally.  For wheat basis has dropped sharply and most places are bidding off back months in a inverted market so the 1.50 futures move is almost flat cash price. Corn saw similar action today, and a number of corn processors have went no bid. 2008 meltdown is really the only other time we’ve seen this before. So it looks like demand is being rationed right now.

image.gif.fa649eb73499bdf373af7039f8644f47.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He’s definitely right about the longer you let a dictator roam unchecked, the harder it is to stop him.  We learned nothing from WWII. 

Except this time, due to the sanctions dropped on him, Putin will not have the money or the resources to rebuild his military enough to invade another country in his natural remaining life.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Is 93% good?

for my high school that was the absolute lowest A possible.

we had a  school district that didnt believe the the kinda universal 90/80/70/60 system for grades.

93+ A

85-92 B

78-84- C

70-77 D

69 dude.... F

god dammit I hated that scale.   and trying to explain that grade scale to the colleges I applied to was fucking complicated as shit.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Since it relates to this thread, with the wild amount of fund buying piling into corn and wheat with everything going on the US cash markets for corn and wheat have ceased to function normally.  For wheat basis has dropped sharply and most places are bidding off back months in a inverted market so the 1.50 futures move is almost flat cash price. Corn saw similar action today, and a number of corn processors have went no bid. 2008 meltdown is really the only other time we’ve seen this before. So it looks like demand is being rationed right now.

I’m slow, explain this to me like I’m a child.

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

we had a  school district that didnt believe the the kinda universal 90/80/70/60 system for grades.

93+ A

85-92 B

78-84- C

70-77 D

69 dude.... F

god dammit I hated that scale.   and trying to explain that grade scale to the collages I applied to was fucking complicated as shit.

Hat was their cutoff for statutory rape?

-out of curiosity!!

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

93+ A

85-92 B

78-84- C

70-77 D

69 dude.... F

god dammit I hated that scale.   and trying to explain that grade scale to the collages I applied to was fucking complicated as shit.

MIne too  

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Except this time, due to the sanctions dropped on him, Putin will not have the money or the resources to rebuild his military enough to invade another country in his natural remaining life.

Hell, regardless of sanctions, Russia's going to have a real problem with the degradation of its military.  They are low on precision guided munitions.  They've had a fair number of soldiers killed and wounded.  They have lost a shitload of vehicles.

Before this began, I was worried about a two prong attack -- Ukraine, and then a Baltic state.  I'm not worried about that anymore.  I think it's clear that Russia in no way has the logistics for a two-front fight.  Shit, when this is done, they may not have the means to start another one-front fight.

Which, again, is dangerous.  When a rabid dog thinks it's running out of claws and teeth, it will get desperate.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A fascist country invading a democratic sovereign nation is a big deal. It is in fact different than a Civil War in Syria, which is why the body count you keep bringing up is weird. Hell if you wanted to make a salient point, you would bring up communist China invading Tibet and us doing shit about it, but that was back in 1949. 

Someone suggesting that Putin will attack more countries other than Ukraine is not a bad take, considering a map was accidentally released showing Russian forces attacking Moldova, and Russia threatening Finland if they join NATO. That is actual provable current information. 

So I don't see why you're so worked up about this

I get that we can't or won't get involved in Ukraine because of the idea of WWIII but what is the red line for us to get involved?  If Putin takes Ukraine and installs his puppet government, do we think he is done or does he go after all non-Nato ex USSR countries to add them back into the Russian empire?  If we do nothing with Ukraine then do we also do nothing if Albania, Moldova, Hungary, Armenia, etc... are next to be invaded?  

11 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

St. Javelin

One BIG thing that WE are getting out of this war is actual live testing of the weapons we developed to counter Russian military assets.  And it appears that the tests are going very well.

Flight testing is one thing - live testing is quite another.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m slow, explain this to me like I’m a child.

Someone plz correct me if I’m wrong but: 

People count on the stability of food production for the market. War or dramatic shifts can have ripple effects across this marked and because that are foundational to some wealth management systems, those effects can reverberate and expedite natural events such as booms or recessions. 

*shits gonna cost even more for us. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

93+ A

85-92 B

78-84- C

70-77 D

69 dude.... F

god dammit I hated that scale.   and trying to explain that grade scale to the colleges I applied to was fucking complicated as shit.

My high school outside Chicago was similar 92/84/76/68.  I lived on the cusp of 83's, then I got to Texas for one year of school and it was 90/80/70/60 and I did well enough to reboot my GPA.  For the first time in probably a decade, somebody asked me my GPA the other day.  He's no longer with us, but I found it quite rude.

Just now, Ag with kids said:

One BIG thing that WE are getting out of this war is actual live testing of the weapons we developed to counter Russian military assets.  And it appears that the tests are going very well.

Flight testing is one thing - live testing is quite another.

Say what you want about Raytheon, they make a quality product.

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Someone plz correct me if I’m wrong but: 

People count on the stability of food production for the market. War or dramatic shifts can have ripple effects across this marked and because that are foundational to some wealth management systems, those effects can reverberate and expedite natural events such as booms or recessions. 

*shits gonna cost even more for us. 

Wholesale beef prices are at 18 month lows though.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

My high school outside Chicago was similar 92/84/76/68.  I lived on the cusp of 83's, then I got to Texas for one year of school and it was 90/80/70/60 and I did well enough to reboot my GPA.  For the first time in probably a decade, somebody asked me my GPA the other day.  He's no longer with us, but I found it quite rude.

Grade inflation talk not going away. 

Just now, Bateshorn said:

Say what you want about Raytheon, they make a quality product.

93% kill rate....that's approaching A+ territory, from what I understand of the posts above.

Seriously......if everyone ends up with similar weapons, armor just got a lot more obsolete-er.  Not altogether obsolete, but a lot easier to take out without armor of your own.

21 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I know this is relative and pertinent info, but sorry, I couldn't help thinking of this when I read it:

Signing off KORN — Don Harron

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DaggerHorns said:

Jesus, you killed him for asking?

I didn't kill him.  I don't get my hands dirty like that.  But two phone calls and a handshake later.  Because........tone.

22 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

1) This is not true. They applied in 2008, but then Putin got spooked, and installed his buddy Yanukovych to become President and tear up the document. Because of that, the people overthrew Yanukovych in the Euromaidan unrest because they WANT to be in the EU and in NATO. The Ukrainian people then installed a new government who reapplied in 2013. This spooked Putin again so he invaded Crimea and the eastern part of the country just a couple of months later to destabilize the region. This destabilization worked and that is why nobody let them join yet. However, NATO did lay out some reforms in 2015 they could make to pave the way, which they have been ACTIVELY working towards, which is why this Ukrainian military is leaps and bounds from the 2008 military. In June 2021 there was a summit in Brussels which re-visited the issue, and this is why Putin went in now. NOT their fault..

I just want to say that Yanukovych won an election monitored and certified by OCSE. Doesn't mean there wasn't funny business. To say he was installed by Putin is a gross exaggeration of what happened regardless if the results were tampered with or not. 

Also, the government installed after Yanukovych fled did not have the legitimacy of being elected, and therefore any requests they made regarding EU/NATO had absolutely no chance of being honored.

Putin took over Crimea mostly to secure the Sevastopol naval base. Also, given Stalin's pogrom against the Tartars 90 years ago and the incentivized influx of Russians to take over their land and homes, Crimea was always going to be way more pro Russian than other parts of Ukraine. The vast majority of Russian elites considered it a terrible mistake by Khrushchev when he gifted Crimea to Ukraine back in 1954 in the first place. The people living in Crimea have never thought of themselves as Ukrainian. Not saying that to justify it. But it's not right to completely ignore it, either.

I will say the sale of TB-2 drones and the use of them in October 2021 had as much to do with the invasion as anything. There are several dozen factors, but the constant upgrading of Ukrainian military forces meant to Putin that he had to do this now, or the option would no longer be on the table. As we can see, he wasn't completely wrong. He just might've hesitated too long.

Your general point is right on, as far as I'm concerned.

• Hook 'Em 1

7911ffcc8670829ad99ad6ae08645bb3.gif
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

I work with several former Apache pilots and when they saw pictures of that column I swear they started salivating...

That’s their target like a seal is for a Great White. 

Foolish and out date to have multi mile long convoys. Maybe if you’ve got complete air supremacy and support, but even then you leave your ass open to ambush or IED. 

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I work with several former Apache pilots and when they saw pictures of that column I swear they started salivating...

Did they question whether they'd be allowed to actually go out on operations because the commanding officer was too scared of losing one?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

math-hangover.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

That giant Russian column is about to get liquidated.

when the hunters become the hunted. 

there are no winners here. again from the numerous videos, many of the russian troops do not support this shit. lots of innocent lives on both sides are dying. fuck putin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

34 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Cool.  Now do fertilizer.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1