Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I have a funny feeling those 3,000 applicants aren’t a bunch of ex-operator badasses. I’m expecting a bunch of fat weekend larpers. The type of guys I see all decked out at the airsoft arena when I take my 12 year old. 

As has been pointed out, not the case. One of my son's army buddies was hell-bent-for-leather on going but on the advice of a friend pretty high up in the Deep State, I advised him not to go. My friend and I had a 45 second conversation, the gist of which was "He will be killed." By thermobaric bombs, specifically.

Not sure if the kid's still going. 

Yet another reason I look on those pics of those gung-ho kids more with sadness than fervor.

3 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

Deputy prime minister raises prospect of closing Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline to Germany, and says rejecting Russian oil would be ‘catastrophic’ for world

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/08/russia-threatens-europes-gas-supplies-as-west-mulls-oil-import-ban-over-ukraine-invasion

spacer.png

"Germany relies on Russia for more than half of its gas and coal supplies and more than a third of its oil. To compensate for lost Russian gas, the country would need deliveries from the world’s entire 600-vessel fleet of liquefied natural gas tankers, business lobby DIHK estimates."

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/germany-signals-opposition-to-cutting-essential-russian-energy

On a completely unrelated note, any of y'all know how to best prepare yearling Golden Retriever on a Weber Smokey Mountain? Type of smoke flavor would likely be treated furniture scraps, old amazon delivery boxes and dried leaves...just not sure whether to use butcher paper or foil.

Asking for a friend...

This sober alcoholic woman I know is married to another sober drunk. They have a deal. "If it gets to where we are eating our pets, we're off the wagon. We eat our pets -- everybody drinks, even the baby."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This sober alcoholic woman I know is married to another sober drunk. They have a deal. "If it gets to where we are eating our pets, we're off the wagon. We eat our pets -- everybody drinks, even the baby."

Heh. I've been on the wagon since Jan 1st and plan to be until next week when I am in London and Edinburgh for work. Otherwise, trying to get into post-apocalyptic fighting shape, so keeping the extra beer calories away.

But if shit goes sideways and Bob the Golden Retriever is on the menu, Looter Guy from Katrina will no longer be the go-to meme for booze looting...it'll be a dude in a burnt orange sweatshirt rolling a keg of Augustiner Helles through the darkened streets of central Munich.

I'll make this site so proud on my way out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To serious topics: the Czech Republic is announcing that approximately 100,000 Ukrainian refugees have arrived. Many of them are not officially registered— they have family or friends and once they got over the border of Europe there’s no demand to register in onward countries.

That is approximately 1 percent of the population of the country in 10 days arriving as refugees. Of course, Ukrainians tend to blend in but this is a massive lift. And unlike middle eastern migrants, expectations are that most of them will want to stay out as there is a local community, language is easier, closer to home, etc.

Equivalent of over 3 million people in ten days to the U.S. with more to come. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

To serious topics: the Czech Republic is announcing that approximately 100,000 Ukrainian refugees have arrived. Many of them are not officially registered— they have family or friends and once they got over the border of Europe there’s no demand to register in onward countries.

That is approximately 1 percent of the population of the country in 10 days arriving as refugees. Of course, Ukrainians tend to blend in but this is a massive lift. And unlike middle eastern migrants, expectations are that most of them will want to stay out as there is a local community, language is easier, closer to home, etc.

Equivalent of over 3 million people in ten days to the U.S. with more to come. 

Yeah, this is going to be a huge deal. Germans are saying that Berlin Hauptbahnhof got 15,000 on Sunday and another 15k yesterday, which is small potatoes given what Czech is going through. It is absolutely unreasonable to expect the immediate neighbors to bear this type of brunt given their relative size and economic capacities, so there can't be the resistance by other EU member states to accept some type of distribution scheme the way there was in 2015 with the Syrians/others.

I think a lot of lessons were learned in 2015 and there is going to be zero fucking about in Brussels when it comes to countries across the Continent pulling weight...this absolutely cannot be left for Poland and Czech to manage alone. You don't take your share and provide support, cohesion funds should be cut. Period.

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Was going to make a comment about food, but then saw the Harry Potter hat, and that's her pet and it may remind her of the pets that the kids in the Harry Potter books/movies have, and it's hard to joke about - my kids love the Harry Potter stuff.

Your kids?  I can see my wife’s Ravenclaw badge lanyard from where I’m sitting on the couch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shady Ray said:

Yeah, this is going to be a huge deal. Germans are saying that Berlin Hauptbahnhof got 15,000 on Sunday and another 15k yesterday, which is small potatoes given what Czech is going through. It is absolutely unreasonable to expect the immediate neighbors to bear this type of brunt given their relative size and economic capacities, so there can't be the resistance by other EU member states to accept some type of distribution scheme the way there was in 2015 with the Syrians/others.

I think a lot of lessons were learned in 2015 and there is going to be zero fucking about in Brussels when it comes to countries across the Continent pulling weight...this absolutely cannot be left for Poland and Czech to manage alone. You don't take your share and provide support, cohesion funds should be cut. Period.

Well, in a way, Western Europe has a pretty obvious solution to its demographics problems.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Well, in a way, Western Europe has a pretty obvious solution to its demographics problems.

Especially given the racial undertones to their prior waves of immigrants.  

The UK is the only country that appears to be all talk on immigrants.  They aren’t going to accept any.  The best thing the EU can do right now is try and help the Eastern European members with the flow of refugees.

Regarding virtue signaling, I would recommend the pussy snowflake complaining about it to Fuck hisself in the face.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yep. I mean...not to be too cynical, but the longstanding obstacle to closer ties with Ukraine has not really had anything to do with the Ukrainian people, but rather the high level of corruption within its existing state structures.

But essentially importing its people and leaving the corrupt system behind...welllllll, that's something that blonde-headed, blue-eyed European industry can get behind. There was an article in the local Münchener Merkur newspaper today that was essentially titled, "Munich Construction Industry Ready to Support Ukrainian Refugees With Jobs" and I thought, "Lulz...I bet you fuckers are...for a lot less pay than your average Pole or Croatian".

But yeah...Western Europe can virtue signal all it wants, but its a lot more palatable to its electorates for a bunch of blonde Ukrainian's to show up at the central train station than other iterations of migrant waves. 

I have followed the "anti-foreigner" commentary already today on German TV and the discussion has been, "Where are we going to put them given our urban housing shortages?", which is actually a valid question, but one that the country will sort out.

But it is much different than their previous narrative surrounding the Syrian/ME influx, which was basically "Beheadings: Will they do them before or after they rape your wife? Next after these messages."

Edited by Shady Ray
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Example of a war crime...(depending on whether or not you believe this is propaganda...I don't...believe it is fake "news." Fuck Russia and Fuck Putin.

Spoiler

Let's see if Germany actually steps up here. I mean...being part Jewish and all...the owe the world and Ukraine to fucking step up. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Shady Ray said:

Yep. I mean...not to be too cynical, but the longstanding obstacle to closer ties with Ukraine has not really had anything to do with the Ukrainian people, but rather the high level of corruption within its existing state structures.

But essentially importing its people and leaving the corrupt system behind...welllllll, that's something that blonde-headed, blue-eyed European industry can get behind. There was an article in the local Münchener Merkur newspaper today that was essentially titled, "Munich Construction Industry Ready to Support Ukrainian Refugees With Jobs" and I thought, "Lulz...I bet you fuckers are...for a lot less pay than your average Pole or Croatian".

But yeah...Western Europe can virtue signal all it wants, but its a lot more palatable to its electorates for a bunch of blonde Ukrainian's to show up at the central train station than other iterations of migrant waves. 

I have followed the "anti-foreigner" commentary already today on German TV and the discussion has been, "Where are we going to put them given our urban housing shortages?", which is actually a valid question, but one that the country will sort out.

But it is much different than their previous narrative surrounding the Syrian/ME influx, which was basically "Beheadings: Will they do them before or after they rape your wife? Next after these messages."

We’ve had some whispers about that in Czech and Slovakia— “oh, maybe our labor shortage issue is going away!”

The issue being that the bulk of refugees for now are women, children, and old people. Husbands and young men can’t leave— they’re supposed to be fighting. Which means that these people in the near term are going to be needing more state support than they are going to be pumping money. 

And as the quotes from the disgusting Congress-bro from Brazil might suggest, human traffickers and the other dregs of society are a huge issue.  So if you can spare funds to help people working with refugees, that’s something to think about. Plenty of people out there are not wanting to help. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

That is a great interpretation of how the nukes work and are maintained.  Through testing they come up with a "will work 100 percent of the time" bases on calculations and testing.  Will it work after that?  Yeah but it's an unexplored realm that hasn't been scientifically proven.  Now that we have high powered computers.  They get better with how long.  We have to remember nuclear weapons were developed with very basic computers.  So yeah I would agree with you.  Those nukes are going to work.  Unless 60 years of sitting there had wires get wet or ants for in there and chewed up the wires.  Or the wire gets so brittle.  But the actual core.  Yeah it will make something go boom.

Do they use gaseous tritium and deuterium in their booster fission weapons/stages?  If so I thought that had to be replaced something like every 6-10 years at most.  Otherwise it decays to helium which will poison the fission.  

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'd bet on a mega wombo combo of #bothsides, whatabout, and easily disproven lies

Obviously German prosecutors making accusations of war-crimes is all part of the de-nazification obfuscation by Berlin.  

Once you pile on this many layers of bullshit, the only way out is to dig in further.  He's in a bind, he has to keep up the Russian-sized lie in order to justify his entire tenure.

So we've got Jews and Muslims working with the freakin' Swiss to bring about an end to the Putin regime?  I'm gonna smoke my 2022 Bingo Card tonight.  

Last one to hug Putin without killing him is a rotten egg.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So we've got Jews and Muslims working with the freakin' Swiss to bring about an end to the Putin regime?  I'm gonna smoke my 2022 Bingo Card tonight.  

Last one to hug Putin without killing him is a rotten egg.

When the Bingo Card is aligned like this...I mean Putin has to be murdered by a swan or something at this point. Something just so random its absurd...

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We’ve had some whispers about that in Czech and Slovakia— “oh, maybe our labor shortage issue is going away!”

[b]The issue being that the bulk of refugees for now are women, children, and old people. [/b]Husbands and young men can’t leave— they’re supposed to be fighting. Which means that these people in the near term are going to be needing more state support than they are going to be pumping money. 

Sure they work slower, but women, children and olds can dig ditches too.

Example of a war crime...(depending on whether or not you believe this is propaganda...I don't...believe it is fake "news." Fuck Russia and Fuck Putin.
Spoiler

Let's see if Germany actually steps up here. I mean...being part Jewish and all...the owe the world and Ukraine to fucking step up. 

Wow. Does it look like someone from the car fired something at the tank about 5 seconds in?

6 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

While it is a legitimate question how well maintained and operational their nukes are given how halfassed literally everything else about them is, it is worth assuming they work as advertised. They seem to have invested in their nuke program significantly since it is the only think keeping them in the geopolitical power they think they deserve. And even if half their nukes are duds, it doesn’t make a shit with regard to strategy. They have more than enough to trigger MAD

Weren’t there a series of investigative reports about the US nuclear weapons systems not that long ago where the launching commands still came from computers with floppy disks?  I mean if our nukes were/are running on decades old tech, I can only imagine what shape Russia’s weapons are in. 

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Weren’t there a series of investigative reports about the US nuclear weapons systems not that long ago where the launching commands still came from computers with floppy disks?  I mean if our nukes were/are running on decades old tech, I can only imagine what shape Russia’s weapons are in. 

Floppy is a good cybersecurity measure. Someone has to physically change out the floppy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have no virtue, you co-degenerate.  

I don't wanna see the names of any of U.S. elected officials on here except Sen. Rubio who does seem to be channeling our State Dept/Defense Dept.'s thoughts.

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Your kids?  I can see my wife’s Ravenclaw badge lanyard from where I’m sitting on the couch.

Weren’t you the one who posted your wife’s room where she painted the walls some dark colors for Harry Potter theme? If so, your comment checks out!

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have no virtue, you co-degenerate.  

I don't wanna see the names of any of U.S. elected officials on here except Sen. Rubio who does seem to be channeling our State Dept/Defense Dept.'s thoughts.

Ha! Well the US by itself is gonna ban Russian oil - which isn’t a huge deal since the US doesn’t get that much of its oil from Russia (iirc around 7-8%). 

Europe isn’t following this plan so the impact isn’t too big (not that it matters as the Russian economy is FUBARd)

I know we have talked about it several times, and everyone keeps saying that Ukraine is absolutely winning the PR war, we forget that Russia literally doesnt give a fuck about the feelings of the rest of the world. 

The Russian PR is directed inward and despite what everyone wants to believe its very, very effective at brainwashing people that are used to being brainwashed or told half truths.

We (royal we, rest of world we), we are going to have a hell of a time trying to convince even 20% of Russia that what is going on in Ukraine is a flat out invasion complete with targeted civillian atrocities.

I read This BBC article  which started off as just a story about a 25yr old woman staying behind because she's got 4 rescue dogs.  and then you read that shes Ukrainian, but, her mother lives in Moscow and she talks to her mother often during the shelling.

And her mother doesnt fucking believe her daughter is in any danger, and repeats the propaganda bullshit broadcast on Russian TV.    The mother actually believes her daughter is just over reacting and is relatively safe, despite her talking to her mother about how much danger she is in.  "My parents understand that some military action is happening here. But they say: 'Russians came to liberate you. They won't ruin anything, they won't touch you. They're only targeting military bases'."

and then that same article has a 2nd story about a Kyiv father who gets his family to Hungary, returns to the fight and when he can he talks to his father that lives in Nizhny Novgorod in Russia. He called his father and described what was happening. His father replied that this wasn't true; there was no war and - in fact - Russians were saving Ukraine from Nazis.

these are literally parents who refuse to believe their own kids when it is opposite the Russian propaganda.

Thats the problem right now people.   unless we can find a way to get valid information to the Russian people, they are buying the whole fucking story hook, line and sinker.
and if the Russian people buy that bullshit, they may be very prone to accepting more and more of the fanciful shit that Putin is saying.       The Nazi story is resonating heavily with anyone over 40 in Russia.     

• Rage+1 1

Not really.  It's a global commodity.  The 600k barrels we need, we've already made up.  It's the global disruption that will get spread out among higher-use nations, not necessarily per stirpes, but in the aggregate.  

7 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Weren’t you the one who posted your wife’s room where she painted the walls some dark colors for Harry Potter theme? If so, your comment checks out!

Not me, but wife lived in New Orleans for years and it’s a constant battle to keep her from repainting the house insane colors.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When you see those anti-air and command vehicles being captured or destroyed, while people put dollar amounts on them I don’t even know how you actually calculate the cost in terms of tactical or strategic terms. 

Yeah, the thing about Russian AA defense, that makes it so good, is that all the pieces are interconnected:  short-, medium-, and long-range missiles, radar installations, etc.  Take out some of the pieces and it's nowhere near as good.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know we have talked about it several times, and everyone keeps saying that Ukraine is absolutely winning the PR war, we forget that Russia literally doesnt give a fuck about the feelings of the rest of the world. 

The Russian PR is directed inward and despite what everyone wants to believe its very, very effective at brainwashing people that are used to being brainwashed or told half truths.

We (royal we, rest of world we), we are going to have a hell of a time trying to convince even 20% of Russia that what is going on in Ukraine is a flat out invasion complete with targeted civillian atrocities.

I read This BBC article  which started off as just a story about a 25yr old woman staying behind because she's got 4 rescue dogs.  and then you read that shes Ukrainian, but, her mother lives in Moscow and she talks to her mother often during the shelling.

And her mother doesnt fucking believe her daughter is in any danger, and repeats the propaganda bullshit broadcast on Russian TV.    The mother actually believes her daughter is just over reacting and is relatively safe, despite her talking to her mother about how much danger she is in.  "My parents understand that some military action is happening here. But they say: 'Russians came to liberate you. They won't ruin anything, they won't touch you. They're only targeting military bases'."

and then that same article has a 2nd story about a Kyiv father who gets his family to Hungary, returns to the fight and when he can he talks to his father that lives in Nizhny Novgorod in Russia. He called his father and described what was happening. His father replied that this wasn't true; there was no war and - in fact - Russians were saving Ukraine from Nazis.

these are literally parents who refuse to believe their own kids when it is opposite the Russian propaganda.

Thats the problem right now people.   unless we can find a way to get valid information to the Russian people, they are buying the whole fucking story hook, line and sinker.
and if the Russian people buy that bullshit, they may be very prone to accepting more and more of the fanciful shit that Putin is saying.       The Nazi story is resonating heavily with anyone over 40 in Russia.     

They don't have to believe the PR, they have to pay attention to their pocketbooks, what's stocked (not) on the shelves, and finding alternatives to PornHub...

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, the thing about Russian AA defense, that makes it so good, is that all the pieces are interconnected:  short-, medium-, and long-range missiles, radar installations, etc.  Take out some of the pieces and it's nowhere near as good.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bd04tkhngmgk4chaum6v