Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

this-agree.gif

Especially the bolded part. We have a Russian asset working in the US as a purportedly "mainstream" voice.  He needs to be called out always and often.  And if that makes you uncomfortable......well, that's something you probably need to ponder.

Well given the past behavior of Parliament to repeatedly start stupid threads in CR without responding in a single one of them, then complain about mean CR posters, I'm not going to hold my breath on that pondering.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also need to add this guy to my Twitter list. I haven't gone through all of it but it looks impressive. With giant pictures that helps my little Surly brain follow along. Tons of good stuff in his feed. Just needs to add some NAFO fellas to take it to eleven.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

1) I apologize for rah rah death but

2) this war could not be going better for us.  Think about how many countries will want to cozy up with us just to make sure arms sales are allowed in the future.  Truly the arsenal of democracy, if we play this right. 

Weird as it is, I'm prouder to be an American than I was 10 months ago.  I'm not bragging about it, but admitting.

Our Military has flaws for sure, and wastes lotsa resources.  But with guidance from some surprisingly competent elected officials, they have built RINGS of defense around America. No nation in history has faced fewer existential threats than us.  Yes we've crapped on many people, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

1) I apologize for rah rah death but

2) this war could not be going better for us.  Think about how many countries will want to cozy up with us just to make sure arms sales are allowed in the future.  Truly the arsenal of democracy, if we play this right. 

Wait 'till you learn how fucked China's near future is looking.  Some hot sauce being dropped in the Global Spring thread

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If true, that’s going to be a gut check for a lot of Russians in the major cities, who are used to washing machines and indoor toilets.

If this is true, there is no going back for Putin. It is now win-or-go-home time. 

From a timing perspective though, I was thinking if they have to go into conscription in the major cities, they would start this winter and train those troops till the spring so they are ready for the warm weather offensives to help "crush" the UKR in a triumphant big spring offensive. Doing it now, means there is no way those troops do not see combat this year, and most likely in the worst of conditions with the UKR looking to advance. Winter makes for a much more static front for the most part and static troops and gear means HIMARS , 777's, and drones will feast on their defensive posture. That type of attrition where there is no real recourse to fight back will permeate from the front to back home. Unlike the backwoods yokels they have been conscripting, these troops will be much more tech savvy and be pushing their experiences back home to a much larger population base.

From a PR and information control viewpoint, that is incredibly dangerous to Putin and makes you wonder if the situation on the ground is infinitely worse than we imagine. There is no reason to start conscription in the major population centers now unless there is a dire need of manpower and no other choice. To do it now, means they are desperate for troops to plug a hole.

Maybe the pocket in Kherson really is collapsing and there is about the be a huge loss of troops and so it is time to start gearing up to full sale war footing or admit the war is a failure..

• Hook 'Em 2