Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

29 minutes ago, The Dog said:

it hasn't been widely reported (if at all) but we've apparently sent over a large number of combat engineering vehicles.

this is why the Orcs are running away:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Bulldozer_assault

they're gonna plow those trenches and then drive right over them. 

Holy shit, I had not heard of this incident before. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, The Dog said:

it hasn't been widely reported (if at all) but we've apparently sent over a large number of combat engineering vehicles.

this is why the Orcs are running away:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Bulldozer_assault

they're gonna plow those trenches and then drive right over them. 

If that’s true, that’s amazing 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

that tardigrade is in dire need of lessons

for one thing, that's a cello... for another, the bow goes on the other side of the bridge

maybe in retirement I'll start the world's smallest stringed instrument school. I'll have a microscope set up with some pond water and teach the little fuckers how to do it. i still got my string pedagogy books from Phyllis Young at UT, I could do it...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/10/05/new-types-of-ammunition-make-ukraines-himars-far-deadlier/

So, we need to wait for Russia to load the area with Orcs, very concentrated human wave type stuff, and then rain walls of HIMARS tungsten BBs on their asses, per the article above.  

After we put BBs in every inch of Bakhmut’s suburbs ( and every Orc hide) we pincher encircle the area with a large APV and tank force to mop up those not dead.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

In the unlikely event RU actually succeeds, the term "pyrrhic" will no longer be adequate to describe this kind of victory. A "Putinic victory," where the costs are so great that they lose literally everything because of it? Not just the war, but even their own empire...

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"remember stalingrad?  let's do that again."  "no no no.  let's do that again, but be the germans"

So far, they have inept leadership and genocide checked off the list.  Why not colossal failure founded on hubris?  Trifecta of fuck uppery, inbound.

• Hook 'Em 5

15 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

It is true. One of my classmates at AIT was a Bradley gunner in Desert Storm.

He told me that exact same story of how they would park the Bradley's at one end of the trench with the battle dozer coming from the other end. 

Called it "Shoot and Bury".

I don’t doubt its prior use- my ‘if true’ statement was for its deployment against the Russians 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

When "shoot the messenger" is the rule, very few negative messages get through.

Still, Putin isn't a total idiot.  He has to have a calendar and note it has been more than three days since the war started.  Uncomfortable questions have to have been asked at some point.  Yet far fewer people - and surprisingly peripheral ones at that - have fallen out of windows than I would have imagined.  

Kind of an aside.

We tend to think of intelligence as being both static and one-dimensional. "You're a smart guy." "That guy's an idiot." But it's neither. It's multi-faceted, and requires constant workouts, just like any other part of your body. I'm a more extreme example of the multi-faceted nature of "smart;" I can show you myriad school accolades or career achievements, yet I defended Greg Davis and thought he was pretty good at coaching offense. That I realize that was stupid now is evidence of the dynamics; I actually read books and watched film on football to learn.

What your comment has crystallized in my mind is that not all the training and workouts (as it were) for the mind are positive. Just as junk food and booze will rot your body, misinformation rots your brain.

It's getting clear now that Putin is high on his own supply. He's been dealing in lies and living in a bubble for so long that his brain is borscht now. Physical health issues exacerbate this.

So I doubt any suggestion at this point that he isn't an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/10/05/new-types-of-ammunition-make-ukraines-himars-far-deadlier/

So, we need to wait for Russia to load the area with Orcs, very concentrated human wave type stuff, and then rain walls of HIMARS tungsten BBs on their asses, per the article above.  

After we put BBs in every inch of Bakhmut’s suburbs ( and every Orc hide) we pincher encircle the area with a large APV and tank force to mop up those not dead.  

I imagine there likely are still Ukrainian citizens in those suburbs.  Probably not the best option.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If that’s true, that’s amazing 

It is true. Friend was the officer in charge of the flank element. M-1 company commander. Talked about it a few times. Dude also was the first US Military person in Rwanda during the genocide. He has seen some shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

those images look degraded to me.  I'll bet we didn't want them to see our true capabilities.  In 1992 I could pick out individual soldiers walking through a wood line at 1500 meters through a fog that limited visual sight to 100 meters.  It's even better at night when the ground cools.  I'll bet it's way better now.  Those images look like they are probably from the early 80s.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

It's getting clear now that Putin is high on his own supply. He's been dealing in lies and living in a bubble for so long that his brain is borscht now. Physical health issues exacerbate this.

So I doubt any suggestion at this point that he isn't an idiot.

He might not be a total idiot - it could very well be that he understands that there is not a good way out for him at this point, and he's got a pseudo-analysis paralysis.  I used to think that he had the power to actually pull out of Ukraine and weather the ensuing domestic storm, since he controlled the Russian government and media, but I'm not so sure at this point, as we are finally seeing the signs that the Russian economy is in a tailspin.  

Because he's KGB-trained, he has to be expecting that somebody will turn on him at some point (and arguably has killed quite a few people who might have), and there is no clear path out of this for him - he watched Afghanistan (and the US's ramping up of defense spending) in the 80s devastate the Soviet economy and/or cause its collapse.  He's got a huge money-suck in Ukraine that is wiping out far more Russian soldiers than Afghanistan did, and everybody that he relies on has had their international wealth stripped from them in some way (or they've lost access to it).

The Russian people who have been paying attention to Russian state TV have been hearing mostly sunshine pumping, they are hearing empty threats about nuclear strikes against NATO, they have been hearing a lot of whining, even a year in, of how the West continues to support Ukraine while Russia is relying on Iran and North Korea.  Those who are ignoring state TV, and/or have been paying attention to Russian social media have seen a far different viewpoint, with lots of death, lots of reversals.  Both groups have also heard how it was a quick-and-easy special military operation, that is now at 400+ days, and they've lost the largest cities (Kharkiv, Kherson, etc.) and they can't take fucking Bakhmut after 8 months of trying, and those last three things are there in the nightly news and on social media.

I don't think he can any longer say "my bad" and try to pull back to the 2014 invasion areas, because the Ukrainians are hitting those areas.   If Ukraine takes even one of those major areas back, plenty of Russians will be asking "we owned these areas prior to February 2022 and then we went after all of Ukraine and now we've lost one and maybe the other".

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Felix said:

those images look degraded to me.  I'll bet we didn't want them to see our true capabilities.  In 1992 I could pick out individual soldiers walking through a wood line at 1500 meters through a fog that limited visual sight to 100 meters.  It's even better at night when the ground cools.  I'll bet it's way better now.  Those images look like they are probably from the early 80s.

Yeah commercial hand held NV is better than that.  I imagine the good stuff we're giving them can read their name and rank.

• Hook 'Em 4

There's another aspect to whether Putin and there rest of the leaders are idiots, and/or what kind of self-awareness they have.

They are hurting for missiles.  A competent military leadership that cares about its troops would be keeping those precious missiles for use against targets that will help their men accomplish whatever goals they have in front of them, as well as blunting the Ukrainian counteroffensive(s), not wasting them on killing a few civilians here and there in apartment buildings or hospitals.

But it seems a lot of the missiles are being used against purely civilian targets, including apartment buildings that do nothing to help Russia's Special Military Operation.  They are being used to destroy things that they would otherwise need if they thought they could still take Ukraine (they can't even take the 66th largest city, so..), and they are ensuring that the Ukrainian public will forever hate Russia, which is not good if you were going to occupy them.

So whoever is calling the shots on missile targets is in full "burn it down, if I can't have it, neither can Ukraine" mode.  Somebody at the top has decided the war is lost, and they aren't even bothering saving those missiles for the Ukrainian counteroffensive(s) and to help out Russian soldiers - they are being used to terrorize the civilian population.

Terrorizing civilians is exactly the kind of thing Putin would do if he can't have something.  He's obviously really fucking stupid when it comes to military matters, but I think an argument could be made that he's fully self-aware of how bad things are.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

The Russian delegate fucked around and found out.

Too bad the Ukrainian only got a few light punches in... too bad.

The two women were about to get the flag back from his geezer ass before the dude caught up to him. Narrowly missed becoming a meme while the women flipped his shit.

Whether he got hit hard or not, the old cat-turd looks like he'll be feeling it for however long he avoids windows.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's another aspect to whether Putin and there rest of the leaders are idiots, and/or what kind of self-awareness they have.

They are hurting for missiles.  A competent military leadership that cares about its troops would be keeping those precious missiles for use against targets that will help their men accomplish whatever goals they have in front of them, as well as blunting the Ukrainian counteroffensive(s), not wasting them on killing a few civilians here and there in apartment buildings or hospitals.

But it seems a lot of the missiles are being used against purely civilian targets, including apartment buildings that do nothing to help Russia's Special Military Operation.  They are being used to destroy things that they would otherwise need if they thought they could still take Ukraine (they can't even take the 66th largest city, so..), and they are ensuring that the Ukrainian public will forever hate Russia, which is not good if you were going to occupy them.

So whoever is calling the shots on missile targets is in full "burn it down, if I can't have it, neither can Ukraine" mode.  Somebody at the top has decided the war is lost, and they aren't even bothering saving those missiles for the Ukrainian counteroffensive(s) and to help out Russian soldiers - they are being used to terrorize the civilian population.

Terrorizing civilians is exactly the kind of thing Putin would do if he can't have something.  He's obviously really fucking stupid when it comes to military matters, but I think an argument could be made that he's fully self-aware of how bad things are.

I am stating to think that their equipment/rockets are just shit and couldn’t hit the target they need to so they just launch them in a dense area and hope it hits something 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Some rumors from Telegram are saying that Mikhail Mizintsev is now deputy commander in Wagner. Who is this guy you may ask? I know its hard to keep track of all of these potato-headed Bond villains but this is the guy that was recently fired by Putin from his post as deputy minister of defense and logistics. Prior to that he was better known as the Butcher of Mariupol as he was the one who commanded that assault all last year.

So very interesting that the guy who was recently bitching about lack of ammo and piss poor logistics gets the very guy who was in control of all of that just a few weeks ago. Not quite sure if this a way for Prigozhin to backdoor into some secret stockpiles. Or just partnering up for an eventual showdown for the upcoming warlords dance party.

Or maybe its a calculated move by Putin to secure a replacement for Priggy? Fake a dismissal just so that he can plant him in the one PMC that is the biggest loose canon out there. Tons of possibilities and different theories we can make about this news. Either way it is going to be quite fascinating on who starts pointing fingers once this counter-offensive starts popping off. There is no early buyout and and a chance to retire to their dacha for these guys.

Business Ukraine mag on Twitter: "Colonel General Mikhail Mizintsev, better  known as “the Butcher of Mariupol,” has been appointed Russia's new deputy  defense minister for logistics as changes among army leadership continue.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dimyh said:

Some rumors from Telegram are saying that Mikhail Mizintsev is now deputy commander in Wagner. Who is this guy you may ask? I know its hard to keep track of all of these potato-headed Bond villains but this is the guy that was recently fired by Putin from his post as deputy minister of defense and logistics. Prior to that he was better known as the Butcher of Mariupol as he was the one who commanded that assault all last year.

So very interesting that the guy who was recently bitching about lack of ammo and piss poor logistics gets the very guy who was in control of all of that just a few weeks ago. Not quite sure if this a way for Prigozhin to backdoor into some secret stockpiles. Or just partnering up for an eventual showdown for the upcoming warlords dance party.

Or maybe its a calculated move by Putin to secure a replacement for Priggy? Fake a dismissal just so that he can plant him in the one PMC that is the biggest loose canon out there. Tons of possibilities and different theories we can make about this news. Either way it is going to be quite fascinating on who starts pointing fingers once this counter-offensive starts popping off. There is no early buyout and and a chance to retire to their dacha for these guys.

Business Ukraine mag on Twitter: "Colonel General Mikhail Mizintsev, better  known as “the Butcher of Mariupol,” has been appointed Russia's new deputy  defense minister for logistics as changes among army leadership continue.

this guy looks like he belongs on bob's burgers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, dimyh said:

Supposedly this guy was giving Wagner extra munitions when he wasn't supposed to, hence his firing, and subsequent hiring.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Mullet Free said:

This Wagner guy is a real drama queen. 

Does Wagner depend on Russian Federation for weapons/ammo for their activities elsewhere? If so, what’s the upside of calling out leaders up to Putin? If he leaves how will they be armed moving forward?

Yes, Wagner is an arm of the Russian state and has previously acted as a plausibly deniable extension of the Russian MOD. That’s why it’s a bit shocking for him call out Shoigu, he’s likely believing that he can curry more favor with Putin with this shit since the Russian armed forces performed so miserably. But Wagner exists to serve Russian state interests as defined by Putin as the personification of the state. Prigozhin’s star is linked to Putin for better or worse and any plausible successor would decide he doesn’t need either a Wagner Group or a Prigozhin and will do away with both. 

Wagner would never be allied to source its own weapons outside of Russian official channels, without the blessing from Putin himself. And that’s unlikely to come. 

• Hook 'Em 2