Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

41 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He already fled

Just a reminder that Zelensky, by comparison, stayed in Kyiv with the Russian army bearing down on him to command Ukrainian troops and let his country know who remained in control. 

Putin runs and hides - and probably left as soon as the caterer said he was marching to Moscow. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Putin’s options-

1. Pull the required military resources to quell this from Ukraine and risk a big breakthrough in the Ukrainian counteroffensive. 
2. use Kadyrov’s Chechen…no, I can’t complete the thought. Kadyrov is too much of a clown. His “forces” are thugs, not soldiers. They might be useful in slowing down Wagner, by dying, if they could be made to actually engage. Which is questionable. 
3. Let the domestic forces try to stop Prighozin, knowing they are more “police” than “army”. 
4. Cut a deal with Prighozin. Purge Shoigu and make Prighozin #2. (If that seems crazy, prior Russian #2s have beeen Rasputin and Beria). 
5. Make a more credible nuclear threat against Ukraine to hold them back while option 1 is pursued?

6. Quote Don Meredith (on a Cowboys charter in danger of crashing in a storm) “Boys, it’s been a good ol good ‘un”, slug back some vodka and put a bullet in his brain  

Am I missing anything?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, statsman said:

2. use Kadyrov’s Chechen…no, I can’t complete the thought. Kadyrov is too much of a clown. His “forces” are thugs, not soldiers. They might be useful in slowing down Wagner, by dying, if they could be made to actually engage. Which is questionable.

Appears he chose option 2

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The only “good” outcome we are sure if from this is that every Russian or Wagner soldier or piece of kit that gets taken out is one less that can be used in Ukraine.

And MAYBE some Russian military units will abandon their positions in Ukraine to get in on the action at home, or simply to avoid getting killed in an uncertain, pointless war.

But what we’ve know all along is that there are ZERO options for good leadership in Russia. There is no voice of reason there to save them. “And then it got worse.”

We can just hope that we and Ukraine can play the chaos to our advantage. And that Russia consumes itself with fire.

it's the internet and Reddit...  But apparently the Ruskies have started destroying fuel stocks on the approach to Moscow (which is also fuel needed for the Ukraine war)

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I gotta admit, the level of layers necessary and the sheer amount of people who would have to keep their mouth shut for this to succeed as a staged event makes it unbelievable for me. 

To be clear, I think it’s most likely the first option I stated (that it’s real), but I would disagree with your point here. The only people that would need to know it’s “staged” are Putin and Pringles.  It would take an enormous amount of dedication by Pickles, because he’s essentially falling on his sword and likely going to die, but it’s become apparent his guys will follow him. Shotgun and others (MOD, FSB, etc) don’t need to know it is a ploy. They clearly don’t like Prolapse, so their response would be expected to be genuine.

Again, I think the odds of this are low, but it wouldn’t require more than a couple folks actually knowing the plan. 

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Dispatching Chechens is a sign that the Russian regime both does not fully trust Russians to shoot at Russians, and more evidence at an attempt of narrative control. More palatable for the Russian populace to see Chechens fighting Wagner and any excesses can be pinned on Kadyrov. 

Yes but can those guys do anything except murder civilians and make TikTok’s? Pirogue is going to peel off some brigades or even divisions IMO from the MOD. if Putin is bombing his own infrastructure this thing has legs

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Occam’s razor and shit. It’s a real attempt because Putin is weak. One sociopath against another.  Only variable is whether the CIA is involved. 

It’s not but Russian media and disinformation channels/amplifiers will say it is, because a big part of being able to turn it off the coup is to discredit it in the eyes of Russian citizens. 

• Hook 'Em 3

There is absolutely no chance this is fake.  It’s been happening in slow motion for a while since Bakhmut.  Wagner is finished either way after Ukraine, so Prigozhin sees this as his last chance.  

And the amount of private planes headed to Turkey from Russia tells you this is real.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

This is one of the best places on the internet to keep up with all things Ukraine and Russia. So here’s input from Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert.

As if there needs to be some crazy puppet master for Russians to overthrow their own aging dictators who lost military support. Fuck the Dilbert guy

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

To be clear, I think it’s most likely the first option I stated (that it’s real), but I would disagree with your point here. The only people that would need to know it’s “staged” are Putin and Pringles.  It would take an enormous amount of dedication by Pickles, because he’s essentially falling on his sword and likely going to die, but it’s become apparent his guys will follow him. Shotgun and others (MOD, FSB, etc) don’t need to know it is a ploy. They clearly don’t like Prolapse, so their response would be expected to be genuine.

Again, I think the odds of this are low, but it wouldn’t require more than a couple folks actually knowing the plan. 

I don’t see it that way - even remotely - but I appreciate the discussion nonetheless. It’s my strongest opinion you’d need buy in from more than just Putin and Prighozin to make this work, and it would be difficult to keep it secret. But we’re not going to convince one another otherwise. In any case we’re both agreeing that’s not a likely scenario regardless of the difficulties involved. 

It makes for fun conjecture. I don’t see any harm in it, and I’ve enjoyed the back and forth. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

the wife and i are hosting a caviar and vodka watch party tonight if any of y’all are interested…

Do you allow swingers?  (Asking for me and my sugarbaby.)

Also. The comments in this thread (not mine) rival the Titanic thread.

Screenshot_20230623-194801(full).png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

All the talking heads predicting a swift demise for this coup seem to rely on the numerical superiority of the Russian military compared to Wagner. They ignore a key dynamic of a coup like this: the military is fractured and it’s not at all clear that they will remain loyal to the Russian state. The numbers could very quickly level up. We’re already seeing a snowball effect in Wagner’s favor.

Normalcy bias is a hell of a drug and it looks like Putin was on a raging bender.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, troph said:

Occam’s razor and shit. It’s a real attempt because Putin is weak. One sociopath against another.  Only variable is whether the CIA is involved. 

They’re not. Prigohzin is a wanted man by the US govt - one of the most evil men in the world who wants to bombard all of Ukraine - we wouldn’t support this. Destabilized Russia is worse than what we currently see  It alway has been and always will be  

I’ve also seen some call this the modern day Kornilov putsch. I disagree. 1917 serfs were activated and loyal to the movement. Today’s working class and poor (the overwhelmingly majority( Russians are apathetic to the core. 

Masters are fighting. Servants aren’t exactly creaking at this time. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’m about to be out of pocket for about six hours so hopefully no nukes are launched and everyone just kind of holds their position until it’s convenient for me to resume.  

Fuck yeah this is awesome as a history buff.  Russia always delivers on drama and excitement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

I’m about to be out of pocket for about six hours so hopefully no nukes are launched and everyone just kind of holds their position until it’s convenient for me to resume.  

Fuck yeah this is awesome as a history buff.  Russia always delivers on drama and excitement.

Username checks out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Putin is a complete imbecile. To not see this coming, which has been brewing for months, is mind blowingly idiotic. To allow Wagner to withdraw and regroup after Bakhmut without some defensive contingencies is stupifying. To not even have reliable FSB agents within Wagner to help Putin monitor their overall movements is stunning considering his background. Even Mack Brown had enough common sense to shove Greg Davis out the door when he realized that the results were not there. I don't see how Putin can see Shoigu as capable during all of this and continue to support him while also being blissfully ignorant of Prigozhin's rants. If Putin knew that he would have been sticking with Shoigu through thick and thin, then he should have also been planning a way to retire Prigozhin. If not something drastic like an assassination or imprisonment  then possibly something more subtle such as reassinging to Africa or Syria to provide "security". Anything to get him away from the front lines in Ukraine and away from the bulk of Wagner troops. Without him functioning as the cult of personality then Wagner is not going to be the same security threat...no one else has demonstrated the crazy cajones to stand up to Russian leadership like this.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Couple of other thoughts…

Remember the “ammo shortage” claimed by Wagner?  What if they were stockpiling for this?

And what if there is already something put in place in other cities besides Rostov and Voronezh?  I knew playing Russian Front as a kid would pay off some day.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Speaking of Americans not giving a fuck. I was out and about last night when I heard about Moscow locking down. I'm of course really fucking excited about it so I try to bring it up in a couple of conversations. People just stared at me like I was speaking klingon.

ProTip to the former "most available bachelor in Austin" (or whatever the fuck that award was),  speaking Klingon is totally frowed upon by normal non-nerd society...

• Haha 3