Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

IMO, Ukraine needs to do a shit-ton more of this. Hit as much Orc infrastructure as possible.  

At the very least, it’s stretching Russian air defenses extremely thin and showing the gaps in coverage (made worse by the loss of their airborne command control/early warning aircraft).  Makes me wonder if the increased Russian aircraft activity is an attempt to plug the gaps with aircraft.  Really surprised at how much is getting through.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I mostly abandoned Twitter for Threads which is a much better community despite its owners, but had to go back to Twitter today because of the news. And right before Putin's sham elections too.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 5

Ally of late Navalny accuses ‘Putin’s henchmen’ of attacking him in Lithuania, vows not to give up

image.thumb.png.608e29f1f3b6339df9ee87a2658750f0.png

VILNIUS, Lithuania (AP) — A close associate of the late Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny accused Russian President Vladimir Putin’s “henchmen” on Wednesday of being behind a brutal attack that left him hospitalized.

Police said an assailant attacked Leonid Volkov on Tuesday as he arrived in a car at his Vilnius home, where he lives in exile. The attacker smashed one of his car’s windows, sprayed tear gas into his eyes and hit him with a hammer, police said.

Volkov suffered a broken arm “and for now he cannot walk because of the severe bruising from the hammer blows,” according to Navalny’s The Anti-Corruption Foundation.

He was hospitalized, but later released, and vowed Wednesday to keep up his work.

“We will work, we will not give up,” 43-year-old Volkov said in a short video posted on Telegram on Wednesday, speaking with his arm bandaged and in a sling. “It was a characteristic bandit greeting from Putin’s henchmen.” This seemed to be a reference to both Putin’s thuggish style and his stint as a deputy mayor of St. Petersburg in the 1990s when it was considered one of the most criminal cities in Russia.

Police have launched a criminal investigation.

Gabrielius Landsbergis, Lithuania’s foreign minister, called the attack “shocking.” He wrote on X, formerly Twitter: “Relevant authorities are at work. Perpetrators will have to answer for their crime.”

President Gitanas Nauseda, speaking to reporters, said: “I can only say one thing to Putin —nobody is afraid of you here.”

But the attack in fact underlined a sense of insecurity felt not just by Russian dissidents abroad, but also the many to have fled Russian ally Belarus seeking safety in Lithuania, Poland and elsewhere.

“Unfortunately Belarussian people can’t feel safe even being abroad,” the Belarusian opposition leader Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who lives in exile in Lithuania, said. “I think the aim of such attacks is to paralyze people, to paralyze democratic movements.”

The attack took place nearly a month after Navalny’s unexplained death in a remote Arctic penal colony. He was Russia’s best-known opposition figure and Putin’s fiercest critic. Navalny had been jailed since January 2021 and was serving a 19-year prison term there on the charges of extremism widely seen as politically motivated.

Opposition figures and Western leaders laid the blame on the Kremlin for his death — something officials in Moscow vehemently rejected.

His funeral in the Russian capital on March 1 drew thousands of supporters, a rare show of defiance in Putin’s Russia amid an unabating and ruthless crackdown on dissent, as Navalny’s widow Yulia vowed to continue her late husband’s work.

Volkov used to be in charge of Navalny’s regional offices and election campaigns. Navalny ran for mayor of Moscow in 2013 and sought to challenge Putin in the 2018 presidential election. Volkov left Russia several years ago under pressure from the authorities.

Last year, Volkov and his team launched a project called “Navalny’s Campaigning Machine,” aiming to contact as many Russians as possible, either by phone or online, seeking to turn them against Putin ahead of the March 15-17 presidential election.

Not long before his death, Navalny urged supporters to flock to the polls at noon on the final day of voting to demonstrate their discontent with the Kremlin. His allies have been actively promoting the strategy, dubbed “Noon Against Putin,” in recent weeks.

Russian independent news outlet Meduza said it interviewed Volkov several hours before the attack and asked him about risks for Navalny’s team. “The key risk is that we will all be killed,” Meduza quoted Volkov as saying.

• Rage+1 6

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'll defer to any pilots who want to weigh in, but a four engine aircraft should be able to lose one engine and continue to fly.  Really, I think it could lose two and still fly well enough to make a quick emergency landing.  Maybe a load shift or something else, but this seems odd.

Not a pilot, but an aviation fan.  My understanding is that most, if not all, four engine aircraft are designed fly safely on three engines, some on two for short times.  Whatever set that engine afire and caused it to fall off probably catastrophically damaged the hydraulic control system.  Without hydraulics, most planes fall from the sky pretty quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll say this.....watching drones hit refineries makes my Texan ass pucker like a mofo.  I've driven by plenty of Texas refineries, large chemical plants, etc.  And, ummm....the ease with which a bad actor could create a kamikaze drone, launch it from damned near anywhere nearby, and fly it into crucial infrastructure to go "boom".....yeah, that troubles me.

Do our plants have defensive capabilities?  CIWS hidden somewhere?  A platoon of rednecks with 10 gauges?  Something?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I'll say this.....watching drones hit refineries makes my Texan ass pucker like a mofo.  I've driven by plenty of Texas refineries, large chemical plants, etc.  And, ummm....the ease with which a bad actor could create a kamikaze drone, launch it from damned near anywhere nearby, and fly it into crucial infrastructure to go "boom".....yeah, that troubles me.

Do our plants have defensive capabilities?  CIWS hidden somewhere?  A platoon of rednecks with 10 gauges?  Something?

Dude, the wind turbines will totally blow birds into the drones. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I've read that if the LNG tanks at the Cheniere terminal at Sabine pass went up it would flatten all of Port Arthur and parts of Beaumont and Lake Charles like a Nuclear blast. That would wipe out Valero, Motiva, and BASF Total refineries in Port Arthur, and probably destroy or damage Exxon Mobil in Beaumont a few more chemical plants and refineries in the area. The Motiva refinery is the largest in North America and the Exxon plant in Beaumont is like 2 or 3 depending on source ...Valero is #8, and the Citgo plant in Lake Charles is #7. Taking 4 of the top 10 refineries in NA offline for probably a decade or more would be end of days economic collapse type shit. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've read that if the LNG tanks at the Cheniere terminal at Sabine pass went up it would flatten all of Port Arthur and parts of Beaumont and Lake Charles like a Nuclear blast. That would wipe out Valero, Motiva, and BASF Total refineries in Port Arthur, and probably destroy or damage a few more chemical plants and refineries in the area. The Motiva refinery is the largest in North America and the Exon plant in Beaumont is like 2 or 3 depending on source ...Valero is #8, and the Citgo plant in Lake Charles is #7. Taking 4 of the top 10 refineries in NA offline for probably a decade or more would be end of days economic collapse type shit. 

Not to mention the environmental issues.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've read that if the LNG tanks at the Cheniere terminal at Sabine pass went up it would flatten all of Port Arthur and parts of Beaumont and Lake Charles like a Nuclear blast. That would wipe out Valero, Motiva, and BASF Total refineries in Port Arthur, and probably destroy or damage a few more chemical plants and refineries in the area. The Motiva refinery is the largest in North America and the Exon plant in Beaumont is like 2 or 3 depending on source ...Valero is #8, and the Citgo plant in Lake Charles is #7. Taking 4 of the top 10 refineries in NA offline for probably a decade or more would be end of days economic collapse type shit. 

Don't mean to read you wrong and hope I'm not putting words in your mouth, but it kind of sounds like you're saying it could be a little bit of a vulnerability.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

25 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've read that if the LNG tanks at the Cheniere terminal at Sabine pass went up it would flatten all of Port Arthur and parts of Beaumont and Lake Charles like a Nuclear blast. That would wipe out Valero, Motiva, and BASF Total refineries in Port Arthur, and probably destroy or damage Exxon Mobil in Beaumont a few more chemical plants and refineries in the area. The Motiva refinery is the largest in North America and the Exxon plant in Beaumont is like 2 or 3 depending on source ...Valero is #8, and the Citgo plant in Lake Charles is #7. Taking 4 of the top 10 refineries in NA offline for probably a decade or more would be end of days economic collapse type shit. 

Motherfucker, that was suppose to be top secret.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hell, some of us work at a refinery. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

2:00 - 4:45 mark. I know you were kidding.

• Hook 'Em 1