Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is frightening- yet fascinating.  Like watching a deadly train wreck in slow  motion.  Russia has given us - the whole world - the most despicable, evil cartoon characters to hate.    Unapologetic murderers and rapists who declare they want to wipe a large European country off the map and make it part of Russia. 

I never in my life thought I’d see the likes of Finland and Sweden voting for NATO membership.   Or a unity to dump huge amounts of the West’s military assets into Ukraine. We simply will not stand for the genocide of Ukraine.     At some point the West tells Russia it is over, and declares non-nuclear war on Russia.  We say, all nukes will hit Russia.   It MAY be the end of the world if you use nukes, but it most assuredly will be the end of Russia.   Depose your crazy man or we all go down.    The Gators held the NCAA Basketball and Football championship within a year where we played in the CWS Final. 

IOW, it’s all downhill for me now.  I welcome my nuclear end.   It prevents a possible  future with me in a nursing home with Creed playing in the dining hall.  You hear me Putin???!!!

E7B2E978-E5B1-4FDC-BA39-15AB6618719F.gif.951a3dbb29f3aab1ac4d0939e308eb84.gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

This is frightening- yet fascinating.  Like watching a deadly train wreck in slow  motion.  Russia has given us - the whole world - the most despicable, evil cartoon characters to hate.    Unapologetic murderers and rapists who declare they want to wipe a large European country off the map and make it part of Russia. 

I never in my life thought I’d see the likes of Finland and Sweden voting for NATO membership.   Or a unity to dump huge amounts of the West’s military assets into Ukraine. We simply will not stand for the genocide of Ukraine.     At some point the West tells Russia it is over, and declares non-nuclear war on Russia.  We say, all nukes will hit Russia.   It MAY be the end of the world if you use nukes, but it most assuredly will be the end of Russia.   Depose your crazy man or we all go down.    The Gators held the NCAA Basketball and Football championship within a year where we played in the CWS Final. 

IOW, it’s all downhill for me now.  I welcome my nuclear end.   It prevents a possible  future with me in a nursing home with Creed playing in the dining hall.  You hear me Putin???!!!

E7B2E978-E5B1-4FDC-BA39-15AB6618719F.gif.951a3dbb29f3aab1ac4d0939e308eb84.gif

Put down Brisket's Scotch and step back from the ledge.

Why would we fuck up a good thing by giving Putin what he wants? NATO staying at a distance keeps him locked into this special operations BS line. He won't go full on mobilization without NATO getting in. Let him continue to bleed out.

When your enemy is fucking up, let that stupid bastard carry on.

50 million bullets we sent last week? 

That's a down payment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Why would we fuck up a good thing by giving Putin what he wants? NATO staying at a distance keeps him locked into this special operations BS line. He won't go full on mobilization without NATO getting in. Let him continue to bleed out.

That's a down payment.

If we continue watching Russia herp-derp, fine.   If they do the one thing they do well- mass bombing and artillery on civilians as they level cities - followed by rape torture and murder - I’m just not good with watching that from the sidelines if the numbers grow.   And I do not see any pathway for him now but to go more all-in.    He needs to fuck Ukraine up and control it - or risk losing office (i.e. likely killed) and/or be tried as a war criminal when Russia turns him in and blames it all on Putin to try to get back in the world.  

I do not see your status quo ‘bleed him out more’ scenario.   I think that phase ended, and see lots of dead  folks and a great escalation of hostilities.  What other path does he have?

I hope YOU are right. And I do not give back good Scotch. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

If we continue watching Russia herp-derp, fine.   If they do the one thing they do well- mass bombing and artillery on civilians as they level cities - followed by rape torture and murder - I’m just not good with watching that from the sidelines if the numbers grow.   And I do not see any pathway for him now but to go more all-in.    He needs to fuck Ukraine up and control it - or risk losing office (i.e. likely killed) and/or be tried as a war criminal when Russia turns him in and blames it all on Putin to try to get back in the world.  

I do not see your status quo ‘bleed him out more’ scenario.   I that phase ended, and see lots of dead  folks and a great escalation of hostilities.  What other path does he have?

hope YOU are right. 

We're in a build up stage. It is going to take a bit to get all the stuff sent there. There's some training to do. As shitty as it sounds, every missile lobbed at non-military targets, ie hospitals, apartments, schools, wastes a rapidly diminishing resource. He can't afford the manpower to take the steel mill. 

It's not hope. It's an accountant's cynicism. He ain't got the men to do what he wants. He can't hold what he's got. He is burning through supplies with nothing to replace them.

You see that biohazard they called a first aid kit? 

He was asking the Chinese for MREs. Shit is blowing up in his own backyard.

I despise what they have done. It's Hague worthy. But, I can't let myself get so bent that we ride that nuke.

Give these boys time. The big guns just started arriving.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's a down payment.

Because people are dying.

Putin starting to kill the oligarchs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2-russian-oligarchs-found-dead-spain-moscow-reports-2022-4

2 Russian oligarchs were found dead one day apart alongside their wives and children, reports say

Two Russian oligarchs were found dead alongside their wives and children one day apart, according to multiple reports.

Vladislav Avayev, the former vice president of Gazprombank, was found dead of a gunshot wound in his Moscow apartment on Monday, Russia's state-run Tass news agency reported.

The Moscow investigations department did not name the victims in its public statement about the case, but Tass said an unnamed source confirmed their identities.

Investigators wrote in their statement that they are prioritizing a theory that Avayev shot his wife and daughter, and then himself. 

More than 2,000 miles away, in Spain, another oligarch — Sergei Protosenya — was found hanged, with his wife and daughter stabbed to death, Spanish TV channel Telecinco reported. His body was found Tuesday, Spanish outlet El Punta Vui reported.

He was found with a bloodstained knife and an ax at his side, Telecinco reported.

Protosenya was the former vice president and chief accountant of Novatek, a major gas company with close connections to Gazprombank.

He and his wife and daughter were staying in a rented luxury villa in Lloret de Mar, a coastal Catalan town, for the Easter period, according to Telecinco. 

Police were alerted to the deaths when Protosenya's son, who was in France, raised the alarm after nobody picked up the phone, Telecinco reported.

The Mossos D'Esquadra, the Catalan police force, confirmed on Tuesday it is investigating three deaths, again without naming the victims. A spokesman for the force referred Insider to the public statement when asked for further information on Protosenya's death.

Mossos D'Esquadra did not assign a motive, but according to El Punta Vui, a working theory for investigators is also that Protosenya killed his family before hanging himself. 

Protosenya left no suicide note, and there were no bloodstains on his body, El Punta Vui reported, without citing sources.

He had a personal fortune of more than $433 million, according to Telecinco. 

Neither of the men were on an international sanctions list in the Ukraine-Russia conflict.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I do not see your status quo ‘bleed him out more’ scenario.   I think that phase ended, and see lots of dead  folks and a great escalation of hostilities.  What other path does he have?

34 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

We're in a build up stage. It is going to take a bit to get all the stuff sent there. There's some training to do. As shitty as it sounds, every missile lobbed at non-military targets, ie hospitals, apartments, schools, wastes a rapidly diminishing resource. He can't afford the manpower to take the steel mill. 

It's not hope. It's an accountant's cynicism. He ain't got the men to do what he wants. He can't hold what he's got. He is burning through supplies with nothing to replace them.

Tying into what cactus said, Putin simply doesn't have the manpower to control Ukraine.  And Putin does not have any BMDs (including China) who are backing him and rushing in supplies of high-tech hardware and replacements (something Russia is having difficulty manufacturing these days).

Arguably we are just getting started on the heavier stuff, now that we've seen what they need for the upcoming operations (and what we were supplying prior to the last few weeks was exactly what they needed at that time, as evidenced by the Kyiv retreat).  

Putin on the other hand - for all of the numbers on paper, he's not rushing in hundreds of fresh tanks and tens of thousands of troops, and he does not appear capable of getting Russia to back full mobilization.  Russia seems to be stumbling around just trying to get existing BTGs that were wrecked in Northern Ukraine back up to their necessary levels to be combat effective. And Russia cannot provide the kind of close air support that is needed to protect his troops, without risk of getting them shot down (shades of Afghanistan in the 1980s).

Ukraine is on a wartime footing and fighting Russia with a wartime army.  Russia is on a peacetime footing with a peacetime army, and Putin doesn't seem capable of switching Russia over to a wartime footing - even his attempts at enticing former service members back does not seem to be working, and the fact that he's got fucking Libyans fighting for him speaks volumes about his manpower problems.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Not sure what’s most interesting, two alleged murder-suicides by Russian oligarchs in as many days, or that neither were on sanctions lists. 

we should remove sanctions from one oligarch and see what happens. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I think that's like 6 dead now:

https://www.newsweek.com/every-russian-oligarch-who-has-died-since-putin-invaded-ukraine-full-list-1700022

Every Russian Oligarch Who Has Died Since Putin Invaded Ukraine—Full List
BY GIULIA CARBONARO ON 4/22/22 AT 7:38 AM EDT

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ukraine keeps putting up decent numbers of claimed kills everyday, and a lot of their stuff is backed up by video/photo evidence.

And even if they are hitting half the numbers they are claiming everyday (they have had similar claims in recent days of over a dozen aerial targets), it's significant, because those MANPADs are far cheaper than their aircraft and missiles, and every Russian UAV shot down is probably not being replaced.

UKR is pretty much averaging eliminating a BTG per day.

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

My question is how much of this do we watch - and do we do nothing but send ammo and weapons if this killing of civilians spreads?   

We worry about this monster

958EA9A6-3910-43C2-B0E1-BFC043B06728.gif.cd76581a69954e1393fea79c2b0c4b73.gif

But after a multi NATO Power Air attack eliminates ONLY ground forces on Ukrainian soil…

8509BE9B-C9F8-45A8-8C89-EC61E4FFFC19.gif.36b80debcc6c50e9f1d19a699e90593e.gif

But then, that might be the vape & martinis talking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Forgot who posted the article, but here's an interesting quote from the end: 

Now, a new phase in the rail war may be under way. In recent days the railway activists have posted on Telegram photographs of damage to signalling cabinets along Russian railway lines being used to transport troops into eastern Ukraine. The attacks can't be independently confirmed, but Voitekhovich claimed members of his railway network are involved. "There are open borders between Belarus and Russia," he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/23/ukraine-belarus-railway-saboteurs-russia/

The most interacting part of that article in the New York Times about Schroeder are the few glimpses we have of of Putin the spy-runner, cultivating his agent and finding what makes him tick and where he can be manipulated. It’s unsurprising that Schroeder believes Putin is his friend; however all available evidence suggests that Putin is incapable of friendship. 

During one of Mr. Schröder’s first visits with Mr. Putin in Moscow, the Russian president invited the chancellor to the sauna in his private residence outside Moscow and offered him a beer.

One big event included a 70th birthday party for Mr. Schröder hosted by Nord Stream at the majestic Yusupov Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. Mr. Putin attended, as did Gazprom’s chief executive, Alexey B. Miller, and Mr. Warnig.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That second picture is World War I, farmers plowing up artillery fragments 100 years later type stuff.

All of us here rejoice that Russia is getting turbo-fucked by the Ukrainians, me to.  But Ukraine and it’s people are paying a dear, dear cost.  

We hear about concerns that the arms we send them could deplete our stocks. As far as I’m concerned, they’re being used for their intended purpose. Doesn’t matter if we shoot them or the Ukrainians do. 

Better save some for the Chinese though..... just in case.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Say it with me: GEN-O-CIDE.  It’s literally one of the egalitarian definitions.

The current Russian state is engaged in a genocidal war of extermination.  They are a hyper-nationalist mafia state bent on conquest of its neighbors and extermination of a people.  Ring ANY bells? Any at all?  Check any history book written after 1945, it probably has a very German hint.

Whether the world wants to be or not, we are in another great war against another great evil.  And when it’s done (Well, actually, in real-time) we’re going to see the murderous genocidal fruits of its efforts.

This phase of the war may end in a negotiated peace.  But the war won’t end until Russia is fully defeated.  Buckle up for a decade of this shit.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Say it with me: GEN-O-CIDE.  It’s literally one of the egalitarian definitions.

The current Russian state is engaged in a genocidal war of extermination.  They are a hyper-nationalist mafia state bent on conquest of its neighbors and extermination of a people.  Ring ANY bells? Any at all?  Check any history book written after 1945, it probably has a very German hint.

Whether the world wants to be or not, we are in another great war against another great evil.  And when it’s done (Well, actually, in real-time) we’re going to see the murderous genocidal fruits of its efforts.

This phase of the war may end in a negotiated peace.  But the war won’t end until Russia is fully defeated.  Buckle up for a decade of this shit.

It does seem to me that they are genocidal but they are also taking hostages as a negotiation piece for after the war.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, if they aren't fully wrecked after this, Georgia (and some of the 'Stans) better get ready (I'm sure they already are).  And need to make sure the Russian troops in Moldova aren't reinforced.

Also, Belarus may as well stop pretending to be a sovereign nation.  Pretty sure they will be annexed fully.