we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

I realize "conference" is not popular on Surly, but the Big 12 is basically getting shitted on right now by a bunch of total talking fuckheads and Texas can slap a lot of those slap dicks in the face pretty damn hard by beating Georgia

this Georgia just deserves it is a bunch of bullshit and Texas can shut that shit down forever with a win in this game Tom better have this team better prepared than he had the UH team that beat FSU

Just now, Eastwood said:

Working on a Sunday, counselor?

I normally can avoid weekend work, but I have an arbitration this week (which obviously can't keep me off Surly).  Wasn't even really focused on the bowl this morning, and my wife texts me with the playoff results, asks if I want to go to the Sugar Bowl, and promptly takes care of game tickets, flights, and hotel.  I think she's a keeper.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I normally can avoid weekend work, but I have an arbitration this week (which obviously can't keep me off Surly).  Wasn't even really focused on the bowl this morning, and my wife texts me with the playoff results, asks if I want to go to the Sugar Bowl, and promptly takes care of game tickets, flights, and hotel.  I think she's a keeper.

I'm trying to study for a final while being ultimately distracted by the playoff talk and will have to pull off the sales pitch of the year to get my wife to go to the Sugar Bowl, so you're winning the day in my book.

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

And fairly new tits, too, if I recall correctly. 

Congrats.

27 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Had a couple retards pop up on Facebook yesterday saying #gigemsooners

Can’t make that shit up

There was an aggy wearing an aggy jersey at Pluckers yesterday surrounded by Sooner and Texas fans. It was kind of cute, actually. Maybe he thought aggy was playing that day.  

27 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I realize "conference" is not popular on Surly, but the Big 12 is basically getting shitted on right now by a bunch of total talking fuckheads and Texas can slap a lot of those slap dicks in the face pretty damn hard by beating Georgia

this Georgia just deserves it is a bunch of bullshit and Texas can shut that shit down forever with a win in this game Tom better have this team better prepared than he had the UH team that beat FSU

I know. And now that Texas is back I kind of want OU to upset Bama. They can fuck off in the NCG, but man if we took down Bama and Georgia together it could bode well for playoff talk down the line for the B12. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I know. And now that Texas is back I kind of want OU to upset Bama. They can fuck off in the NCG, but man if we took down Bama and Georgia together it could bode well for playoff talk down the line for the B12. 

yea I agree.....who really wants to pull for OU, but at the same time the Big 12 taking down the two top SEC SEC SEC teams would set the Big 12 in a great position going into 2019 and that shit matters now more than ever with what we saw today

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

yea I agree.....who really wants to pull for OU, but at the same time the Big 12 taking down the two top SEC SEC SEC teams would set the Big 12 in a great position going into 2019 and that shit matters now more than ever with what we saw today

I mean, I'm not going to get all emotional when Bama beats them by 20 points but it's a win/win in my book.

Just now, ztejas said:

I mean, I'm not going to get all emotional when Bama beats them by 20 points but it's a win/win in my book.

yea as long as Texas takes care of business that is what matters most

kills aggy, shuts down the but UGA bullshit, probable top 10 finish, everyone expects Bama to win it all anyway

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So every game he loses (that you listed) is a big game and the rest arent.

I'm learning.....

Lol. People acting like we didn't exorcise demons in Manhattan, kick the shit out of TCU/ISU/USC at home (all ranked matchups) and win TX/OU. Also clinched a CCG appearance in Lawrence against a pretty decent KU team. 

But yeah, no big wins. 

Edited by ztejas

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Recs for hotels on a budget? Location > quality. Two adults that will be partying the entire time. 

When I was looking last night, hotels in vicinity of french quarter were running at least $400 a night.  We ended up getting a decent deal on an AirBnb for a group 6 or 7 of us.

Edited by LonghornSean

17 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Never root for OU to win.  We don't want them one game from winning a national championship.  If they get by Bama, they have a good shot of winning it all.  

If we beat Georgia and LSU, that's all the juice we'd need for our resume... assuming we handle business next season. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

How is Fromm running the ball? 

What kind of offense does Georgia run?

Are they more a power running team? 

He isn’t great. He will scramble like any qb tho. Backup Fields is the dual threat. But they have refused to play him very much. I’m sure they will have ways to get him involved by bowl time.

they run power spread. 11 or 12 personnel. They like to establish the running game. They will power run but also are solid at outside zone and stretch zone plays. The RBs are fast and strong. Not really RPO, they hang their hat on the OL winning the game for them, until they get favorable single coverage matchups. 

25 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Never root for OU to win.  We don't want them one game from winning a national championship.  If they get by Bama, they have a good shot of winning it all.  

If we beat Georgia and LSU, that's all the juice we'd need for our resume... assuming we handle business next season. 

I hope Bama wins 100-0, leaves the midget a double amputee, and skull fucks the tranny cheerleader all while holding up a horns down sign.

tosu @ multi-loss purdue, league road game at night
in advance, is that a big game?

No. Purdue also hasn't been among the best teams in the Big Ten over the past five plus years, wasn't consistently finishing above Ohio State in years past, didn't have a three game winning streak (now four) over Ohio State, and hadn't shown the ability to be really good by thrashing a ranked opponent earlier in the year. Apples and oranges.

Further, Purdue damn sure thought it was a big game. Oklahoma State sure thought it was a big game. Not having your team ready to match that = unprepared.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Yes, yes she is.