Official Surly - Big 12 Championship Game Thread - TX/OU II

Vertigo

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:
4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:
Most of the calls against us are legit. The problem is that they arent calling clear penalties on OU. No way we get away with 4th down false starts and holding on every play. OU does. 

That OPI and illegal shift that took a td off board was not close to legit

Johnson dropped that pass. The ref with the better view came in and waved it off but the announcers missed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Fucking Herman is so god damned smart that he allowed OU a minute+ to take the ball down the field.   Should have never come to that. 

i mean either commit to going for it on 4th down OR run the ball twice to run the clock. The in between shit killed us.

Just now, staboner said:

yeah. at least once. knock his dick on the dirt

Yeah. He is more afraid of contact than any football player I have ever seen. If you are gonna let a WR burn you for a long TD anyway, may as well blitz and knock the QB on his ass while doing it. One hit and Murray will be rattled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drew80 said:

That was a catch. His left foot was inbounds. Quit whining

People are becoming unhinged on the refs. I get it because officiating all year has been such crap but now people on this thread cannot objectively look at the game anymore. 

OU should have had the ball to start that drive with 20 seconds to start. That mistake was on coaching. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

we had legit shots at 28 points before the half that one stings they have 5'10 corners and we have 6'6 recievers  50/50 balls a day 

They are fucking idiots. They don't do the shit that makes sense. If it makes sense to do, expect them to do the opposite. It has been this way all year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, staboner said:

might as well stop rushing the passer with 3 or 4. just drop everyone

mental mistakes. jesus. coaching and players. get it together. my lord. 

we aren't rushing the passer, at all and it confused OU for awhile, now they're laughing at it

• Like 1

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

Sam is checking down a lot and holding onto the ball too long sometimes. Can’t always tell if the guys are covered but that is part of the problem with the mid game. 

On a couple third downs, guys we're covered. I think other then the first drive throws, Sam has played very well. 

Just now, Telegraph_it said:

Sam is checking down a lot and holding onto the ball too long sometimes. Can’t always tell if the guys are covered but that is part of the problem with the mid game. 

i actually think he's not checking it down enough. we can dink and dunk these guys to death if we want. on the other hand, you can see their confidence grow anytime they stop us on a long throw and get us in 3rd in long.