2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

It still amazes me that Trump's government failed to even make it to day 1 of having to share a fraction of power with the Democrats.  I mean, you really do have to be a special kind of idiot to let yourself get boxed in a corner like he did before the new congress was even seated.

Not really.  It's one thing to play checkers with 2 other retards who give you what you want - Ryan/McConnell.

It's another to play chess against Bobby Fischer.  And after a mandate-type midterm win for her party, Nancy wasn't going to back down.  Not after living through Jan 2017 to Dec 2018.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey GOP, how's it feel to know that Pelosi is more of a man than ANY of you will ever be?  You best go home quick, or she'll be there railing your wives, and coincidentally, satisfying them for the first time in their sad lives.

Hawt.

In all seriousness--this is how his approval drops below 30%.  Everyone who isn't part of his base hates him.  That's now solidified.

But if you're a Republican who believed in the wall (which is to say, a Republican), don't you have to be completely demoralized by this?  He fucking caved and got nothing.  Isn't that a kick in the balls?  And how can you support a guy who completely caves?

The illusion may be lifting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Hawt.

In all seriousness--this is how his approval drops below 30%.  Everyone who isn't part of his base hates him.  That's now solidified.

But if you're a Republican who believed in the wall (which is to say, a Republican), don't you have to be completely demoralized by this?  He fucking caved and got nothing.  Isn't that a kick in the balls?  And how can you support a guy who completely caves?

The illusion may be lifting.

I also wonder just what the hell he wants to do for two years.  He has shown no ability to work Dems on anything, and he's shown no ability to change. I think we are in for 2 years of the worst gridlock we've seen.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not really.  It's one thing to play checkers with 2 other retards who give you what you want - Ryan/McConnell.

It's another to play chess against Bobby Fischer.  And after a mandate-type midterm win for her party, Nancy wasn't going to back down.  Not after living through Jan 2017 to Dec 2018.

No, really.  My 10 year old son would know this was a strategic mistake and avoid making it in real time.

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It still amazes me that Trump's government failed to even make it to day 1 of having to share a fraction of power with the Democrats.  I mean, you really do have to be a special kind of idiot to let yourself get boxed in a corner like he did before the new congress was even seated.

The plan wasn’t horrible, it was just miscalculated (okay, it was horrible).  They expected their propaganda machines to do the heavy lifting and beat the democrats into submission by pushing public opinion to their side.   Make no mistake, we’re still in a prolonged power struggle but Trump is losing.  

He must keep losing and the democrats need to make sure he keeps losing.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

No, really.  My 10 year old son would know this was a strategic mistake and avoid making it in real time.

Well, but in fairness, your son surely knows the piece is called a "knight," and not a "horsey-guy" like Trump calls it.  So, there's that.

• Haha 1

Who said I'm tired of winning? I heard some people were tired of winning, not me, I'm never tired of winning, believe me. But some people are just tired, so I don't want them to be exhausted from all the winning, you know, so I'm just taking a break from winning. Just a three week break, then it's back to winning. Look, everybody needs a break now and then, I get it. But we'll be back to winning again, believe me. And nobody does winning like me, nobody. It'll be so much winning you'll get tired of winning again. But I won't take a break next time. It's going to be nothing but winning from now on, so get ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NowThis said:

so let's play Devil's Advocate - give manbaby the wall for $5-$15 bill, what's the harm? Consider we waste $700 bill on the fucking US military every year, so this is nothing. 

See, but here's the thing: fuck him.

And fuck his wasteful ass "wall."

If he (correction, if other members of Congress) want to propose a cogent and rational border security component of our budget that may include physical barriers in rational and supportable locations so as to realize real benefit for the dollars spent, then maybe that's a conversation to be had.  Until then.....fuck off, president bitch tits.

• Like 2

so let's play Devil's Advocate - give manbaby the wall for $5-$15 bill, what's the harm? Consider we waste $700 bill on the fucking US military every year, so this is nothing. 
Because it won't stop at just $5-$15B. Because that won't cover 10% of the cost for his stupid wall. So if they caved he'd use the same antics for another $10B for this or $20B for that.

So much for fiscal conservatism.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Gatorubet said:

I am.  You never know when they will sneak across the border at night, slip into your bedroom, and stuff up your mouth-pipe with a big ball of mud and grass. 

And most having lost teeth playing hockey, they can blend in and move about the Trump voting parts of the country with impunity.

Mueller should have arrested roger stone 34 days ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Because it won't stop at just $5-$15B. Because that won't cover 10% of the cost for his stupid wall. So if they caved he'd use the same antics for another $10B for this or $20B for that.

Because it’s not about the wall (never was), it’s about power.

dominating your opponents to submission.

Only one way to stop that.  Take a stand. 

6 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

yes, I know, since we shit money @ DC, why not 0.05% more?

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

He's only opening business back up to get his voters their refunds, then will shut it down again, this time for the long haul.

Nope. Nancy owns him now. She has his tiny balls hanging on a hook in her office. He's backed down to her publicly for the second time in just over 24 hours. He's done.

Edited by Bat Guano

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because it’s not about the wall (never was), it’s about power.

dominating your opponents to submission.

Only one way to stop that.  Take a stand. 

just to make things run smoothly, should have worked something out long time ago.  Even now, maybe give 20% of a wall to start, work with it, after all it will create jobs as a side effect. It's just another big ass govt project. We waste $20-25bill on fighter jets all the times, so this really isn't a shit load of money. 

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

just to make things run smoothly, should have worked something out long time ago.  Even now, maybe give 20% of a wall to start, work with it, after all it will create jobs as a side effect. It's just another big ass govt project. We waste $20-25bill on fighter jets all the times, so this really isn't a shit load of money. 

No. You're missing the bigger principle. You can't let the president usurp that kind of power from Congress. Constitution out front shoulda told you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm betting in 3 weeks, he won't even bring up a wall. He will be onto the next shiny object.

That wouldn't surprise me. He might bring it up, and fear monger the old whites about the criminal brown hordes flooding across our southern border. But he won't take on Nancy over it again. She's the little kid that stood up to the schoolyard bully, punched him in the nose, and forced him to back down without taking her lunch money. Bullies tend to leave that kid alone and go looking for weaker prey. 

He got beat once. He doesn't want to be seen getting beat like that again. 

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story