2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

just to make things run smoothly, should have worked something out long time ago.  Even now, maybe give 20% of a wall to start, work with it, after all it will create jobs as a side effect. It's just another big ass govt project. We waste $20-25bill on fighter jets all the times, so this really isn't a shit load of money. 

Make America Great Again by throwing good money after bad.

Maybe instead of mimicking bad spending we should work on stopping the bad spending. Maybe collect a little more money from the people who can afford it, too, instead of seeing that they get more. 

Trump chose this as his symbol of saving America. It's largely useless and costly. It doesn't save America, it saves him.

Maybe we have too many fighter planes and main battle tanks, but we at least need some of them. We don't need any wall in the middle of the Southwestern Desert of the US.

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
She seems upset

You know, she's not wrong on the top one. The top of the FBI literally works for him - just fucking ask. If you hate them so much, do something about it. But nope, he needs them as a punching bag and so he continues to tweeter about it instead of, you know, doing his job (if he sees it as such) and fixing the problems, as he and the GOP say they see it.

Fwiw, Ann Coulter is the interview guest on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. Ending the shutdown might have taken some of the wind out of his sails but it still might be interesting to see how he takes her to task for her role in the whole mess. The two of them are friends so he probably won't get too caustic but I've seen him call out her bullshit to her face before. The thing is, she's just a profiteer playing a role. I don't know how much she believes the bullshit she spews, but it's a living. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fwiw, Ann Coulter is the interview guest on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. Ending the shutdown might have taken some of the wind out of his sails but it still might be interesting to see how he takes her to task for her role in the whole mess. The two of them are friends so he probably won't get too caustic but I've seen him call out her bullshit to her face before. The thing is, she's just a profiteer playing a role. I don't know how much she believes the bullshit she spews, but it's a living. 

Hopefully Bill Maher calls her out for the whore she is.  They can hate fuck later.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She's gotten a taste of power, and she likes it. She was able to tweet in Trump's ear and get him to reverse course; now it's gone to her head. He's created a monster. Well, she already looked like a monster, but now she really is one.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm betting in 3 weeks, he won't even bring up a wall. He will be onto the next shiny object.

remember when he and the republican house and republican senate were going to craft the greatest, least expensive healthcare system in the world?

i remember. no one else seems to remember.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

No. You're missing the bigger principle. You can't let the president usurp that kind of power from Congress. Constitution out front shoulda told you.

what is needed is a device where this bullying cannot recur.  Something "let" him do it and that's on the system. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

what is needed is a device where this bullying cannot recur.  Something "let" him do it and that's on the system. 

Geez, I don't like McConnell either but I don't know if I'd refer to him as "something".  OTOH.....

43 minutes ago, NowThis said:

so let's play Devil's Advocate - give manbaby the wall for $5-$15 bill, what's the harm? Consider we waste $700 bill on the fucking US military every year, so this is nothing. 

For the ten gazillionsth time, its not about the fucking money.

29 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Do toadstools have balls?

Spores I believe.

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That wouldn't surprise me. He might bring it up, and fear monger the old whites about the criminal brown hordes flooding across our southern border. But he won't take on Nancy over it again. She's the little kid that stood up to the schoolyard bully, punched him in the nose, and forced him to back down without taking her lunch money. Bullies tend to leave that kid alone and go looking for weaker prey. 

He got beat once. He doesn't want to be seen getting beat like that again. 

Please please let it be McTurtleface.

19 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

If this twat fucks up my Vegas vacation I will cock punch every Trumpkin I know.

Doitgif.

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

From my MAGA friend who has been stridently and uncritically pro Trump through every moment from the moment he declared:

“Absolute disappointment, disgust, and betrayal.

Did he cave? Were we wrong?

A gift of the Republic to pelosi and schummer, the media, the godless, big money, RINOs, and the millions illegally here”

Your friend sounds like a real peach

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

From my MAGA friend who has been stridently and uncritically pro Trump through every moment from the moment he declared:

“Absolute disappointment, disgust, and betrayal.

Did he cave? Were we wrong?”

“I JUST WANT TO OWN THE LIBZ!!!”

Senate individuals going to the conference for border security bill:

Shelby (AL), Capito (WV), Hoeven (ND), Blunt (MO)

Leahy (VT), Durbin (IL), Tester (MT)

Wow....look at those experts on border security...... Feinstein/Harris/Sinema/McSally/Heinrich/Udall/Cruz/Cornyn must be washing their hair that night.

Edited by Js1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Senate individuals going to the conference for border security bill:

Shelby (AL), Capito (WV), Hoeven (ND), Blunt (MO)

Leahy (VT), Durbin (IL), Tester (MT)

Wow....look at those experts on border security...... Feinstein/Harris/Sinema/McSally/Heinrich/Udall/Cruz/Cornyn must be washing their hair that night.

Look at all those states. They do know this is for in regards to the southern border and not a northern border, right? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

so let's play Devil's Advocate - give manbaby the wall for $5-$15 bill, what's the harm? Consider we waste $700 bill on the fucking US military every year, so this is nothing. 

Because every time he wants something and is denied, he’ll threaten to shutdown the government or veto every bill that lands on his desk, or threaten to declare a national emergency. 

When you have kids, it’ll become crystal clear.  

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

just to make things run smoothly, should have worked something out long time ago.  Even now, maybe give 20% of a wall to start, work with it, after all it will create jobs as a side effect. It's just another big ass govt project. We waste $20-25bill on fighter jets all the times, so this really isn't a shit load of money. 

Last January he was offered $25 billion for border security for making DACA permanent and giving those brought here as children a path to citizenship.

He turned it down.

This time he wanted money for the wall for nothing in return.

The Democrats should now say that any money for the wall can only be had for passing and signing the DREAM Act.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Last January he was offered $25 billion for border security for making DACA permanent and giving those brought here as children a path to citizenship.

He turned it down.

This time he wanted money for the wall for nothing in return.

The Democrats should now say that any money for the wall can only be had for passing and signing the DREAM Act.

No. He has no leverage. Comprehensive immigration reform and NO FUCKING WALL. Rub his nose in the pile of shit he deposited on the carpet.

Edited by Bat Guano
Comprehensive >>> Dream
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bat Guano said:

No. He has no leverage. Dream act and NO FUCKING WALL. Rub his nose in the pile of shit he deposited on the carpet.

It seems like this is the best way to go.  I think everyone knows that no Wall = no Trump.  He might not get 100 electoral votes.  Hold out until 2021 then do what you want, plus have the Presidency.

You know, she's not wrong on the top one. The top of the FBI literally works for him - just fucking ask. If you hate them so much, do something about it. But nope, he needs them as a punching bag and so he continues to tweeter about it instead of, you know, doing his job (if he sees it as such) and fixing the problems, as he and the GOP say they see it.

He’s a passive aggressive bitch who has other people fire his cabinet officials so there is no way he’s going to take a direct approach here. He definitely wants a punching bag but being a coward comes first.

31 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

No. He has no leverage. Comprehensive immigration reform and NO FUCKING WALL. Rub his nose in the pile of shit he deposited on the carpet.

I get the impulse to punish him, but he'll just shut down the government again or declare a national emergency. That means no deal on DACA at all.

I'd rather get permanent protection for the DREAMers. If he offers a permanent deal for those folks for wall money the Democrats will accept it.

His base would lose its mind and scream amnesty, so it's probably an academic thought experiment anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Funny thing is Congress could accomplish a lot and give Trump plenty of wins if they passed some bipartisan legislation

They just have to ignore Trump and put bills on his desk to sign.

This would be a prime moment for McConnell to say, "We've tried it your way, now let me drive."

29 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I get the impulse to punish him, but he'll just shut down the government again or declare a national emergency. That means no deal on DACA at all.

I'd rather get permanent protection for the DREAMers. If he offers a permanent deal for those folks for wall money the Democrats will accept it.

His base would lose its mind and scream amnesty, so it's probably an academic thought experiment anyway.

His base would scream bloody murder. Oh the horror of giving Americans the citizenship they deserve.... 

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story