Mark Richt Retires - Featuring Manny Diaz as the new HC

VABuckeye

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Only "The U" would consider paying $4M Buyout to get their own DC back to be their new Head Coach...... And he has never been a HC before.

giphy.gif

Well......Based on Twitter Manny returning to "The U"

Hope players at Temple and Miami that just signed LOIs have a choice to rescind their commitments if the want......

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I like watching Texas football. I Just never heard the name of the coach of Georgia anymore leading up to our game with them.  I like our chances of winning now...

Wait .... I didn't know Mack Brown wasn't the coach at Texas anymore.  I like UGAs chances better now. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Only the U would consider paying $4M Buyout to get their own DC back to be their new Head Coach...... And he has never been a HC before.

giphy.gif

Even with this move I would not place the U on any list of dumbest schools.  I remember those 80s-90s teams too vividly, watched them on a cold day in Lubbock before they got Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

Temple fans hacked Diaz’s Wikipedia page.  Kinda weak but I chuckled:

Alma mater Florida State ('95)
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1998–1999 Florida State (GA)
2000–2001 NC State (GA)
2002–2003 NC State (LB)
2004–2005 NC State (S/ST)
2006–2007 Middle Tennessee (DC/S)
2008–2009 Middle Tennessee (DC/LB)
2010 Mississippi State(DC/LB)
2011–2013 Texas (DC/LB)
2014 Louisiana Tech (DC/LB)
2015 Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2016–2018 Miami (FL) (DC/LB)
Kris Humphries and Kim K's Marriage Toolbag
2019– Miami (FL)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Diaz_(American_football)

9 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Richt can recruit lights out and he can get players up for the average games, but when the big one comes he shits the bed pretty much every time

he is the guy that tried to climb Everest for 12 years and a row and always crapped out 200 yards from the top until he was just climbing up there knowing he was fucked even half way up

for some coaches it is just not meant to be

By all accounts he runs a clean program. There's never been a whisper about NCAA violations connected to him. 

You can't win at Miami that way. 

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't ever say I was impressed by Richt. I don't think there's a coach who did less with more, including Mack. Great recruiter, but couldn't ever get over the hump and beat who he needed to to even make a single NC appearance. 

2002 Cocktail Party the Mutts suffered a 20-13 loss to Florida, their only one that year.  The Butt-sniffers went on to win the SEC and the Sugar Bowl.  

Sorry Richt, closest you got to the ring.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Diaz went to FSU. Richt thinks Diaz sucks. Richt doesn’t want a shitty Seminole to run the program. Or something happened very recently with boosters, which likely happened after the 35-3 shellacking and he was gonna be fired, but was given the option to retire and save face. 

Richt coached at FSU for 10 years and has a problem with FSU?  That's news.  Richt looked like a ghost during the bowl game the other night.  If you told me he had 3 weeks to live, I wouldn't be suprised.  Hope its not health related, but hey, coaching Miami could be.