Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Trump found a clever way to end wars: just roll over and surrender like a huge pussy.

That's not clever.  Mack Brown was doing that for years to Bob Stoops.  As usual, Trump is taking something someone else perfected and claimed it as his own! 

You have to understand what has happened.  Trump has initiated a strong and powerful troop movement that could only be created by his great and unmatched wisdom."

I can't decide whether in his role of Commander in Chief whether I should call him "Comrade Trump?"  Big winner her is Putin.  Happy birthday Abbe... I mean Vlad...  

Edited by horn4life

You'd think that the guy who was behind the "Art of the Deal" would know that a deal isn't done until the ink is dry. 
I'm sure the ink was dry on the contracts he made with all the contractors he stiffed in development deals. Alternative facts are the norm now.

34 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Lol at "classy" as the right spreads video fantasies of Trump murdering members of the media and elected Democrats. 

Well, I mean, I saw the video of "rabid dogs" attacking Trumpers [note: dehumanizing rhetoric is a hallmark of authoritarianism, as if you didn't know that already].  I mean, it was nice. But it's no "I'm going to hunt mexicans and drive to El Paso to shoot dozens of them dead.'  Antifa really needs to step up their game.

SIAP:  Why Trey Gowdy was the new face of Trump's outside legal defense for 24 hours before the whole thing fell apart:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-botched-attempt-hire-gowdy-121751878.html

Turns out lobbying rules prohibit it. Isn't this something that should have been researched BEFORE the announcement?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

SIAP:  Why Trey Gowdy was the new face of Trump's outside legal defense for 24 hours before the whole thing fell apart:

Turns out lobbying rules prohibit it. Isn't this something that should have been researched BEFORE the announcement?

You think this admin actually researches anything?  I'd be surprised if more than 50% of the people working for Trump can read beyond a 5th grade level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If the White House were a company of any size with a board, everybody would have been fired a long time ago. The incompetence is astounding..on a daily basis. 

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

If the White House were a company of any size with a board, everybody would have been fired a long time ago. The incompetence is astounding..on a daily basis. 

And...this is actually an important point.  The Trumpers talk about how "he's a business man" and "he should run this country like a business."

Well, okay.  A good part of my career has been spent cleaning up the messes of mismanaged businesses.  And literally EVERY SINGLE BAD THING I'VE SEEN DESTROY A BUSINESS is happening in/is true regarding this administration.  Seriously, every bad management style and move is on display here.  If the admin WAS a business, and the CEO answered to a board, even a weak board, they would have cleaned house long ago.  That's what amazes me -- if you look at this admin like a business, it looks even WORSE.

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's worse than that.  They KNEW it could be a problem but plowed ahead anyway.

As Mulvaney pushed for Gowdy, a former House colleague and fellow South Carolinian, he swatted away questions from several aides about whether Gowdy would be curtailed in his role by lobbying regulations. Both men assured people that there would be no problem, according to the people briefed on what took place.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's worse than that.  They KNEW it could be a problem but plowed ahead anyway.

Well, in fairness, the only impediments were things like "laws" and "regulations."  Based on current track record, they fairly assumed that meant that they didn't matter at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

No, you fucking idiot, you reinstate a no fly zone and 90% of the killing stops without the US firing a shot. Nobody wanted war with China when they threatened the Taiwan Straight in 1997, but Bill Clinton parked a Carrier Battle Group there and told them to stay out or square up.  Not a shot fired.

• Like 5

I've said it before, and maybe it's grounds for a separate thread, but how do Trump's actions not constitute treason?

I'm not one to throw the word around lightly, and I think its power is diminished when that happens (e.g., "TRUMP IS A TRAITOR BECAUSE OF HIS USE OF OFFICE FOR PERSONAL GAIN!!!").  But when we consider the REAL meaning of "treason", it pretty much comes down to giving and comfort to an enemy of the United States. 

ISIS (ISIL) is without question an enemy of the United States.  We were in conflict with them as late as March of this year.  Trump took action that directly led to their escape from confinement following capture, which was a known, likely outcome of that action.  Seems pretty treason-y to me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

No, you fucking idiot, you reinstate a no fly zone and 90% of the killing stops without the US firing a shot. Nobody wanted war with China when they threatened the Taiwan Straight in 1997, but Bill Clinton parked a Carrier Battle Group there and told them to stay out or square up.  Not a shot fired.

The motherfucker is literally addicted to Fox News. 

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've said it before, and maybe it's grounds for a separate thread, but how do Trump's actions not constitute treason?

I'm not one to throw the word around lightly, and I think its power is diminished when that happens (e.g., "TRUMP IS A TRAITOR BECAUSE OF HIS USE OF OFFICE FOR PERSONAL GAIN!!!").  But when we consider the REAL meaning of "treason", it pretty much comes down to giving and comfort to an enemy of the United States. 

ISIS (ISIL) is without question an enemy of the United States.  We were in conflict with them as late as March of this year.  Trump took action that directly led to their escape from confinement following capture, which was a known, likely outcome of that action.  Seems pretty treason-y to me.

Your example is like 15th on the list of his treasonous actions.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is it possible to answer this without being cynical? 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And...this is actually an important point.  The Trumpers talk about how "he's a business man" and "he should run this country like a business."

Well, okay.  A good part of my career has been spent cleaning up the messes of mismanaged businesses.  And literally EVERY SINGLE BAD THING I'VE SEEN DESTROY A BUSINESS is happening in/is true regarding this administration.  Seriously, every bad management style and move is on display here.  If the admin WAS a business, and the CEO answered to a board, even a weak board, they would have cleaned house long ago.  That's what amazes me -- if you look at this admin like a business, it looks even WORSE.

He's only a "successful" business man because everyone around him has saved his ass.

People that say the US needs to be run like a business have most likely know nothing about running a business. If you really wanted to create a better analogy, we would want the US run like a not-for-profit. Which coincidentally seems to be how Trump ran many of his business at least based on the results.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Meh, not sure if that meets the threshold.

However,I think the argument could be made that John Brennan's actions during Obama's term constitutes treason as his apparatus literally armed ISIS, but I don't expect this take to get any love on this thread as he's been a force for what seems to be the continued coup to get rid of the Dotard since day 1.  

It is really amazing to see those have so much hate for a democratically elected president that they are willing to side with the IC's abuse of power to see him go down.   

On the other hand, as an anti-war advocate, I'm pissed that the orange man is letting the SA troop deployment happen while simultaneously pulling troops out of Syria.  Bring the troops home across the board I say. 

• Fuck You 6

I didn’t really care for Obama either way, but if somebody made a video like that with him shooting various Republicans/etc., I know he would ask his followers to take it down and not pass it around.  

Meanwhile, we are all thinking “I wonder if there is a betting pool on when Trump is going to tweet that video out?”

...so you're saying his attorneys are going to argue for the IP rights to it since it happened at his property with his likeness?  I mean, he's a brilliant negotiator who does not leave money on the table.  Especially when the table is in one of his ballrooms.  

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I didn’t really care for Obama either way, but if somebody made a video like that with him shooting various Republicans/etc., I know he would ask his followers to take it down and not pass it around.  

Meanwhile, we are all thinking “I wonder if there is a betting pool on when Trump is going to tweet that video out?”

I can only imagine the constant months-long outrage generated by Fox if Obama supporters made a similar video.