Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Lol, #ImpeachthePres is top trending right now:

I am a little surprised that didn't get deleted. That was a "likely Trump" attributed tweet and he never admits he is wrong but I have a mental image of some office aide whose hands are twitching right now looking for him to set the phone down.

giphy.gif

That reminds me- I haven't seen any clever gifs of DOTARD drinking Killarly's tears, or triggered liberals shaking with their eyes bulging.

Regarding the bolded part in your post: The "thoughtful conservative voices" are as anti-Trump as the liberals. The rest of the right leaners have disappeared, too cowardly to come in here and defend this abortion of a presidency. With the exception of EWasomely dumb and GR, that is, so kudos to them.

I’m late to this conversation but those “normal conservatives” or whatever you want to call them can be easily found on this board.

They’re in the Syria thread on the Daily Texan complaining about people getting “too political” because they’re embarrassed to have a real conversation because they’re too ashamed to admit who and what they support or they’re crying on the help board about feeling unwelcome in the CR because,again, they aren’t strong enough to come here and defend the indefensible.
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m late to this conversation but those “normal conservatives” or whatever you want to call them can be easily found on this board.

They’re in the Syria thread on the Daily Texan complaining about people getting “too political” because they’re embarrassed to have a real conversation because they’re too ashamed to admit who and what they support or they’re crying on the help board about feeling unwelcome in the CR because,again, they aren’t strong enough to come here and defend the indefensible.

IOW, crying about not having a safe space?

Istanbul (AFP) - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he could no longer "keep track" of the tweets by his US counterpart Donald Trump as tensions mount over Ankara's operation against Kurdish militants in Syria, in comments published Wednesday.

"When we take a look at Mr Trump's Twitter posts, we can no longer follow them. We cannot keep track," Erdogan told Turkish journalists aboard a plane returning from Baku, in comments carried by the Harriet daily.

Turkey last week began an operation to drive back Syrian Kurdish militants from northern Syria, after the US pulled 1,000 troops out of the area.

The withdrawal was seen as a greenlight from the White House for the Turkish offensive.

But facing a massive backlash at home, Trump later issued a series of conflicting statements, at times threatening Ankara, and at others, suggesting the US had no role in the fight between Turkey and Kurdish militants.

In one typically contradictory tweet, Trump announced: "Big sanctions on Turkey coming! Do people really think we should go to war with NATO member Turkey? Never ending wars will end!"

In his interview with the Turkish journalists, Erdogan also shared an anecdote from his telephone call with Trump this week.

"I told Trump: 'You get very angry with the media from time to time. You are now under their influence. Don't listen to them, you are a strong leader. This does not befit a strong leader'," he said, according to the Yeni Safak daily.

Dear President Trump,

A Turkish President is telling you that are easily distracted and manipulated.  Think about that.  

Best Regards, 

Me

Edited by Lobo

95% Approval Rating in the Republican Party.

I see each of these as a threat to Republicans.  He is reminding them that if they don't remain loyal, he will turn his followers against them. That's the problem when you sell your soul to the devil: he owns you. 

I wonder if this has something to do with the Democrats carrying out this impeachment sham  (You do realize the reason why they are not putting it up for vote is because this way they can block Republicans from cross examining or calling their own witnesses right?  Once it becomes an actual investigation, all of the House gets to join in on the fun including the last two Pelosi wants to invite to the party--Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html

(CNBC won''t let copy and paste the article but I can do the pictures that are in the article)

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Fuck You 14

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I wonder if this has something to do with the Democrats carrying out this impeachment sham  (You do realize the reason why they are not putting it up for vote is because this way they can block Republicans from cross examining or calling their own witnesses right?  Once it becomes an actual investigation, all of the House gets to join in on the fun including the last two Pelosi wants to invite to the party--Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html

(CNBC won''t let copy and paste the article but I can do the pictures that are in the article)

spacer.pngspacer.png

If the Democratic turnout is average this time around, we deserve what we get. 

48 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Istanbul (AFP) - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he could no longer "keep track" of the tweets by his US counterpart Donald Trump as tensions mount over Ankara's operation against Kurdish militants in Syria, in comments published Wednesday.

"When we take a look at Mr Trump's Twitter posts, we can no longer follow them. We cannot keep track," Erdogan told Turkish journalists aboard a plane returning from Baku, in comments carried by the Harriet daily.

Turkey last week began an operation to drive back Syrian Kurdish militants from northern Syria, after the US pulled 1,000 troops out of the area.

The withdrawal was seen as a greenlight from the White House for the Turkish offensive.

But facing a massive backlash at home, Trump later issued a series of conflicting statements, at times threatening Ankara, and at others, suggesting the US had no role in the fight between Turkey and Kurdish militants.

In one typically contradictory tweet, Trump announced: "Big sanctions on Turkey coming! Do people really think we should go to war with NATO member Turkey? Never ending wars will end!"

In his interview with the Turkish journalists, Erdogan also shared an anecdote from his telephone call with Trump this week.

"I told Trump: 'You get very angry with the media from time to time. You are now under their influence. Don't listen to them, you are a strong leader. This does not befit a strong leader'," he said, according to the Yeni Safak daily.

You are a strong leader. Now get out of Syria so I can attack the Kurds. 

Such an easy mark. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lol scared of Devin Nunes?  There are others on the republican side you could've name dropped, yet you chose the dumbest one.  Hopefully his lawsuit against a twitter handle gives him enough time to prepare some coherent questions because he's shown to be slightly incompetent in past hearings.

I honestly have no idea why they're not putting the impeachment to a vote but it could be along the lines of the republicans led by that slapdick McConnell killing it and not even consider a vote.  Fucking GOP (the fucking looney ones) are a hinderance to our country.

CLINTON GOT IMPEACHED FOR LYING ABOUT A FUCKING BLOWJOB!  

Committee R’s are participating in the depositions and can equally cross examine  witnesses.  I’m also certain that if they were being honest brokers, recommendations for additional witnesses to call would be well received.  

Those clamoring for votes of any kind to happen ASAP do not want to have to go on record as this investigation matures.  As it continues to mature, watch for those same doubters to become less supportive of having to go on the record.  

• Like 1

no wai.  trump lied?

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

New York City’s property tax forms state that the person signing them “affirms the truth of the statements made” and that “false filings are subject to all applicable civil and criminal penalties.”

The punishments for lying to tax officials, or to lenders, can be significant, ranging from fines to criminal fraud charges. Two former Trump associates, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, are serving prison time for offenses that include falsifying tax and bank records, some of them related to real estate.

An interesting inclusion to forestall "fake news" claims:

ProPublica obtained the property tax documents using New York’s Freedom of Information Law. The documents were public because Trump appealed his property tax bill for the buildings every year for nine years in a row, the extent of the available records. We compared the tax records with loan records that became public when Trump’s lender, Ladder Capital, sold the debt on his properties as part of mortgage-backed securities.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Some Monty Hall bullshittery by the president of the United States to ambush grieving parents.

There is no bottom. Jesus.

Stop denigrating Pence’s existence. He’s right there! Same with Lindsey. 

• Haha 1

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... but I just went by the AAC here in Dallas... there are at least 20+ people sitting around the area... it confused me for a second, i thought it was thursday already. When I remembered it was wed...and a full 21 hours still from when they are "allowed" to line up.. I asked them if they were staying out there till tomorrow.. Yep.. been there since last night. 

These are the people I truly worry about in America. 

22 minutes ago, msudawg said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... but I just went by the AAC here in Dallas... there are at least 20+ people sitting around the area... it confused me for a second, i thought it was thursday already. When I remembered it was wed...and a full 21 hours still from when they are "allowed" to line up.. I asked them if they were staying out there till tomorrow.. Yep.. been there since last night. 

These are the people I truly worry about in America. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-kind-of-like-an-addiction-on-the-road-with-trumps-rally-diehards-11567762200

Mr. Trump’s perpetual tour attracts a coterie of political pilgrims who travel across the country and encamp outside arenas for days at a time for the chance to stand in the front row and, for 90 minutes, cheer the man they say has changed the U.S. and, in many cases, their own lives. Somewhere between 5% to 10% of attendees have been to multiple events, the officials said.