Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't even remember what it was like to have a human president.

Our kids are a couple of years apart - when our second was born then over the next year or two as our first kid turned 3 and then 4, it's really just a blur for us.  At times, it felt like time was insanely compressed, at other times it felt like it was dragging on.  We have photos we can look back and say "okay, we were doing this then, they were doing that then", etc., but I have to pause and think about it when somebody asks me about the period of time.

It's the same way with Trump's Presidency.  I don't always remember specific dates when he said or did something stupid, but thankfully I've got Google.

“One of our most reliable sources of intel, Field McConnell, Marine reserve and host of the Abel Danger live show strongly suggested on today’s show that President Trump will be announcing his new running mate (not sure yet what’s up with Mike Pence and what they will tell people as to why he is no longer partnering with the President) but they implied that John F. Kennedy Jr. will be Trump’s wing man in the 2020 election.”f8897b8e79c5b1bf3e1ae760295cb228.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Watched the entire press conference. youtube- it actually starts about an hour in to the tape.

Then I read through the tweets on here. I try to thank people with rep for providing information, but I keep running out the last few days because there have been so many smart, amusing, and helpful posts.

I recommend the youtube watch to everyone. Trump claims he defeated ISIS, and that we pretty did all the heavy lifting; he declares that we're the big boss of the world because our military is second to none after he fixed it (we even get a reprise of the ammunition fable); he babbles often about many topics but always manages a shot at the Dems; and he expresses his belief that the corruption of the 2016 election probably leads to Obama. There's so much more. My mouth was literally agape.

There's not much to add to watching the tape. Astonishing ignorance, arrogance, insecurity, and self-focus. 

I'm guessing that the letter to Turkey was created after he'd given them the green light whether in the famous call or an earlier communication. Further, I'll guess that he did create himself because nobody else wanted to be associated with such a public fraud. The letter exudes Trump constants: deals, bullying threats not made face-to-face, and a supremely unjustified confidence in his abilities to communicate and coerce.

From the tweets, we see that Nancy Pelosi has a gift for parry/riposte when it comes to Trump. Part of it, I believe, is that she has never tried to play her role as a man. She's comfortable enough in her capabilities that she remains feminine in style while she dominates. What patience and guile she must have developed over the years as a gorgeous woman of remarkable acuity. It must have driven insecure men trying to clumsily seduce her or get the better of her totally insane. 

I sadden seeing the sun go down on Pelosi. Still, she casts a long shadow standing beside Trump no matter the time of day.

Edited by RomaVicta

No meltdown! You had the meltdown!

This guy is a fucking deranged imbecile. I feel bad for all the times partisan politics led to people calling our leader(s) an idiot, a moron, stupid, etc. Because before, they really weren't. But now, he really is. And so calling him a hare-brained ignoramus just doesn't carry the same weight as it should. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

When we lived in Turkey on Incirlik I used to ride my bike around the perimeter road to watch the flight line.  There was a rust colored building there with the NATO emblem, no windows, steel and dirt sloped protection walls, barbed wire, guards and cameras all over.  In addition there was a separate part of the ammo facility that had similar security.  It was sorta understood that the building contained support equipment for the nukes in the bunkers.  

Then again I wasn’t the president or in any official capacity where admitting the confirmed existence of those items could endanger national and regional security.  What an idiot.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

I really got a laugh out of the Press Sec stating that Trump was measured, factual, and decisive.

In all of his many public appearances, statements, tweets, etc..... when has Trump ever been any of those three things? Much less all three at once?  We're supposed to believe that behind closed doors he's magically the complete opposite of the person we see in public appearances. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Order Kurds to destroy defenses

Pull out of territory

Hand over base to Russia/Syria

Profit

I know x,x,x, Profit is a meme around here, but this time it's exactly how things went down.

8 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Order Kurds to destroy defenses

Pull out of territory

Hand over base to Russia/Syria

Profit

This is worst part of how this all played out, in terms of our shitting on the Kurds.  I generally support disengaging from active military involvement in Syria and the ME in general, but it is beyond shitty to lay a condition on the Kurds to strip their defensive positions and this abandon them. You think that based on past history they would be wise to how we fuck them over, and wouldn't let themselves get fucked again. Wrong I guess. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1