Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

I wonder if this has something to do with the Democrats carrying out this impeachment sham  (You do realize the reason why they are not putting it up for vote is because this way they can block Republicans from cross examining or calling their own witnesses right?  Once it becomes an actual investigation, all of the House gets to join in on the fun including the last two Pelosi wants to invite to the party--Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html

(CNBC won''t let copy and paste the article but I can do the pictures that are in the article)

spacer.pngspacer.png

You do understand how congressional committee testimony works, don't you?

Also, it is quite ironic that Trumpkins are now up in arms about the inability to call their own witnesses in light of proceedings during 2017-18.

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

She (Libby DePiero) keeps going because she trusts only the president to deliver her the news. “How else would I know what’s going on?” she said.

Just wow....I'm surprised they all didn't have Fox news going on their phones. I bet If I asked the crowd for someone to tell me what trump said on twitter in the last 10 minutes.. some one would be able to answer. 

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I wonder if this has something to do with the Democrats carrying out this impeachment sham  (You do realize the reason why they are not putting it up for vote is because this way they can block Republicans from cross examining or calling their own witnesses right?  Once it becomes an actual investigation, all of the House gets to join in on the fun including the last two Pelosi wants to invite to the party--Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan)

Meant to post this with my first reply:

Related image

Edited by DDD Dad

21 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Honest question: is this just a message board thing or are you consistently wrong all of the time in real life too?  Do you try to get into other people's cars by accident when leaving the grocery store?  Do you try to heat your food up by putting it in the washing machine?  Do you walk around all day with shoes on the wrong feet?  Just trying to paint a better picture of who I am dealing with here.

I'm ashamed to admit that when several days pass with no board activity from the resident trumpkins, I start to hope that they've finally reached the point where they step back and do some introspection to figure out how they've managed to support and defend such a shit individual running a shit administration.  And then zavala will do his random drive-by video propaganda post, or onboard will see the virgin hillary in his tortilla and come back to scream about bengazi or the clinton foundation, or boxofhammers will tell us how all the climate models are wrong, and a little more of my faith in humanity dies.  Someday, I'll tell Lucy to just take her football and fuck off.... someday.

• Like 6

Have we talked about Trump trying to ambush this poor English family so he could get a photo op?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/harry-dunn-family-white-house-meeting-trump-intl-gbr/index.html?no-st=1571239667

The family of a British teenager killed in a road crash allegedly involving the wife of a US diplomat met President Donald Trump at the White House on Tuesday, who surprised them by saying the suspect was in the same building.

Edited by Chad Fuck

Are Republicans seriously advocating for the subjects of pre-indictment investigations to have the right to insert themselves into the investigatory process, cross-examine potential witnesses, and publicly identify confidential sources?   Seriously?  That is insane. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Are Republicans seriously advocating for the subjects of pre-indictment investigations to have the right to insert themselves into the investigatory process, cross-examine potential witnesses, and publicly identify confidential sources?   Seriously?  That is insane. 

The party of law and order, folks.  

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

My favorite bit is the howling over committee chairpersons' authority to issue subpoenas.  This used to require full House support, but the Republicans changed the rules in 2015.

Damn the luck.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html
(CNBC won''t let copy and paste the article but I can do the pictures that are in the article)

trump%20moodys.1571152629128.pngtrump%20map.1571153976885.png

Your parroting of the Republican propaganda machine talking points continues to make you look at best foolish and stupid. You really need to wake up.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

apparently, trump thinks that the accident that killed that kid in the UK was because "it was in europe, and the roads in europe are the opposite, so it was probably a wrong way thing"

the roads in europe are the opposite

Much like shopping in grocery stores, I see Trump has zero experience driving in various European countries.

Edited by jimmyjazz

Just now, hayden_horn said:

apparently, trump thinks that the accident that killed that kid in the UK was because "it was in europe, and the roads in europe are the opposite, so it was probably a wrong way thing"

i thought you were kidding.  holy shit!

He knows that the UK is in Europe, but that not the entirety of the continent has adopted their R.O.W. system, right?  

I mean, almost nobody knows which way each of the ~50 European nations drives...or does fundamentally not know that Great Britain is part of Europe?  

There's a Brexit Lane joke in here somewhere.  I'll go ahead and proactively accept the pos rep now ;) 

i was on a conf call (but mostly just listening) when trump was rambling on in the oval, but the gist seemed to be:

-what the dems are doing to the republicans is so unfair, the worst thing to ever happen to this country, nobody's ever done anything like this, treated another party so badly.  and when we win back the house, which we will because of the unfair impeachment hoax over a perfect phone call, we will do the exact same thing back to the dems.

it would almost* be worth trump being president again if the dems took the house and the senate.  pretty sure his head would explode.

*please don't take this literally

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That's an image of American dignity and courage. The army was ordered to bug out and leave everything as though there were an overwhelming force coming their way. This is shameful. Disordered retreat in the face of no actual enemy. 

I bet this endeared Trump to the generals and officer corps of the army. Ordered to flee by Cadet Bonespurs.

• Like 3

So when do we find out what quid pro quo there was between Trump and Ergodan? If he would withhold $400 million from Ukraine for a little dirt on an opponent, he must have gotten something REALLY good for the betraying our long time allies and letting go thousands of ISIS fighters who want to destroy America.

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A lot of people are saying that Columbus has been doing a great job.

He named a city after himself when he discovered Ohio. Columbus. Columbus Ohio. A lot of people don't know that. Co-lum-bus O-hi-o. People, important people. I can't tell you their names. Import people come up to me and say, "Sir, you should name a city after yourself." That's what they say to me. 

Maybe a district. The District of Trump instead of Columbia. It shouldn't be named after another country anyway. District of Trump. It would be so beautiful.

I won't stop anyone from doing that. Trump District. District of Trump. Maybe Donald of Trump. It's a nice idea, but I wouldn't want to encourage it. But, you know, people say...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Turkey-Kurd Conflict ‘Has Nothing to Do With Us,’ Trump Says

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday distanced the United States from the conflict between Turkey and America’s Kurdish allies in Syria, saying that the battle “has nothing to do with us” as he defended his decision to withdraw American troops from northern Syria.

Mr. Trump, speaking to reporters alongside the visiting president of Italy, said the American soldiers he had ordered to pull back were not in harm’s way and that “they shouldn’t be as two countries fight over land.”

“That has nothing to do with us,” Mr. Trump said, all but washing his hands of the Kurdish fighters who have fought alongside American troops against the Islamic State for years but have now been left to fend for themselves. “The Kurds know how to fight, and, as I said, they’re not angels, they’re not angels,” he said.

The president’s comments came as Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Robert C. O’Brien, the president’s new national security adviser, were preparing to fly to Turkey in a bid to persuade President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to pull back his offensive.

Republicans and Democrats alike have denounced the president for abandoning the Kurds, who now are fighting Turkish forces in a chaotic battlefield that also has put at risk American troops pulling back from the Syrian border with Turkey. Mr. Trump’s decision to withdraw the small American force from the border, where they had served as a kind of trip wire deterring Turkish aggression, has been widely criticized as a signal permitting Turkey to launch its offensive.

Mr. Trump insisted his handling of the matter has been “strategically brilliant” and minimized concerns for the Kurds, implying that they allied with the United States only out of their own self-interest. “We paid a lot of money for them to fight with us,” he said.

He dismissed concerns that his decision has opened the way for Russia, Iran and the Syrian government to move into the abandoned territory and reassert their influence in the area. “I wish them all a lot of luck,” Mr. Trump said. “If Russia wants to get involved in Syria, that’s really up to them.”

Critics in both parties condemned the president’s approach. Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, said that by sending Mr. Pence and Mr. Pompeo to Turkey, Mr. Trump was trying to fix a problem of his own creation.

“It’s very hard to understand why it is the vice president and secretary of state and others are going to talk with Erdogan and Turkey,” Mr. Romney told reporters. “It’s like the farmer who lost all his horses and goes to now shut the barn door.”

Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, who has been one of Mr. Trump’s closest allies but a sharp critic of his Syria decision, suggested that the president was wrong to think the current conflict did not matter to the United States.

“I hope President Trump is right in his belief that Turkeys invasion of Syria is of no concern to us, abandoning the Kurds won’t come back to haunt us, ISIS won’t reemerge, and Iran will not fill the vacuum created by this decision,” Mr. Graham wrote on Twitter.

“However,” he added, “I firmly believe that if President Trump continues to make such statements this will be a disaster worse than President Obama’s decision to leave Iraq.”

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's an image of American dignity and courage. The army was ordered to bug out and leave everything as though there were an overwhelming force coming their way. This is shameful. Disordered retreat in the face of no actual enemy. 

I bet this endeared Trump to the generals and officer corps of the army. Ordered to flee by Cadet Bonespurs.

Dude.  We've gone WAY beyond being pantsed on the international stage.  We've been pantsed, they're down around our ankles, and Turkey and Russia are taking turns ramming various things up our exposed ass, all while we simultaneously wince and crow about how much we're winning because this is happening.  The fucking humiliation is pretty much complete at this point.  Every fucking country in the world can just have its fucking way with us.

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"Our soldiers are not in harm's way. As they shouldn't be," he said.

Trump, in his Oval Office remarks, said U.S. troops are "largely out" of the area.

However, a U.S. official familiar with planning for the withdrawal of the approximately 1,000 troops in northeastern Syria said that while the soldiers are consolidating onto two main bases, they have not yet begun flying out of Syria in significant numbers. Military equipment is being gathered and flown out, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the withdrawal, which poses big security risks.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/10/16/us/politics/ap-us-united-states-syria.html