Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I take it you’ve never seen a motorcade before? 

I'd hazard a guess that most here haven't. including me.  And having an ambulance in formation to just go play a round of golf seems like overkill....even for a president.

Perfectly in line with our new ideals, this invasion will snuff out some home-grown democratic progress.

turkish-attack-on-syria-endanger-768x432

Turkey’s attack on Kurdish-run territory in northern Syria will likely snuff out a radical experiment in self-government that is unlike anything I have seen in more than 30 years studying the Middle East.

We don't merely kowtow to autocrats. No, not at all. We ally ourselves with them to crush allies who are attempting democratic government. 

It's just swell being the greatest country in the world. Leader of the Free World. Shining City on a Hill. What say we all give ourselves another pat on the back?

Hello, Evil Empire.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

I should.also add: A big part of the problem is the insistence by Trump that all policy and strategic goals have to be executed before the 2020 election — ramifications of a poorly thought out and rushed execution be dammed.  

Decades of one strategy getting us to where we are at?  Time needed to ensure allies previously dependent on our support aren’t hung out to dry?  A need to throttle changes to ensure something awful doesn’t arise to fill our void in world affairs?

Fuck that shit.  We have to be BOLD!! I’m a CEO an we have to get those quarterly numbers up!  The board may choose to make a change if we can’t show results NOW!

And the Trumpkins will love it.  He tried to accomplish everything he said he would. Succeeded in many, including ending our wars!  Best President ever, including Reagan!  That will be their refrain no matter who wins in 2020.

The ramifications of Trump’s shitacular execution won’t be fully felt until he’s out of office, and the 38% stupidest US citizens won’t be able to connect the dots back to these decisions.  The observations of those that can will be painted as revisionism with a liberal agenda by the machine of the 2% most wealthy US citizens and that will be enough for Joe Dirt.  And there we’ll be — 40% rock solid behind the future advancement of Trumpism with 60% of us shaking our head’s in disbelief.

hey asshole, don’t drag me into this

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Perfectly in line with our new ideals, this invasion will snuff out some home-grown democratic progress.
turkish-attack-on-syria-endanger-768x432.jpg

Turkey’s attack on Kurdish-run territory in northern Syria will likely snuff out a radical experiment in self-government that is unlike anything I have seen in more than 30 years studying the Middle East.
We don't merely kowtow to autocrats. No, not at all. We ally ourselves with them to crush allies who are attempting democratic government. 
It's just swell being the greatest country in the world. Leader of the Free World. Shining City on a Hill. What say we all give ourselves another pat on the back?
Hello, Evil Empire.

We. Are. The bad guys.
And the Trumpkins revel in it. They are so fucking stupid that on the one hand, they rant about how Christians face death and persecution in some places...and simultaneously cheer their Orange God fucking the green light to a campaign....to kill and persecute groups that include the largest Christian populations in the region. The fucking stupid is off the charts, and likely to be terminal.
  • Like 1

This is childlike in an inadvertent admission of guilt.  That one sentence.  "Turkey has asked that it not be done."  When in any circumstance would a US president need to explain that a country is not happy with the sanctions about to be applied to it?  The admission that they were ever even inclined to "ask that it not be done" is completely insane.  This is straight up "see!  Turkey is real mad about what Congress wants to do and I definitely want to do it too because I'm definitely not in Erdogan's pocket." 

How much longer?  How much more of this moron is enough?  This isn't just one slice of an issue that Republicans can be against but chalk it up to a "difference in opinion on foreign diplomacy."  The only question for the Republican Senate from now on is whether or not they're now okay with shifting our allegiances away from traditional allies to joining an alliance with an autocratic axis of dictators. Is everything Ronald Reagan did and 50 years of Containment all for nothing?  Are we fucking doing this thing or not?  Because your boy is doing it.  Are we now joined with Turkey, Russia and Saudi?    

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm gonna go WAY out on a very short limb and suggest that Trump is about to eclipse whatever might be considered, with the most jaundiced right-wing eye, an "atrocity" in Benghazi, by 100X, minimum.  Republicans won't care.

Even though I was in the Army and joke about the Chair Force, I did AF JROTC in high school, so have a lot of friends who went on to the AF, and I’d bet money that if the Turks start hurting our guys, the Air Force will turn them into hamburger meat.   

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is his narcissism shrieking for attention. Since his latest blunder, the President has heard the comments about his idiocy, his stupid decision making and it stings. It stings hard. So you see, he is really an academic, so smart. So very smart. The smartest. It's in his genetics, you see. But he hides his intelligence because he is so humble. People come up to him all the time, "Sir, sir you are so smart but you don't act smart." So all those people shouting about how stupid he is are unpatriotic because he is smart. The good kind of smart, the best kind.

Reminder to all my favorite Texans - even if you support another candidate, PLEASE sign up and attend the counter rally against Trump in Dallas.

A huge turnout against Trump’s presence and message in a place like Texas will garner big media attention and send a huge message nationwide.

Wear your Warren or Bernie or Pete gear but show up!!

• Like 3

"Yes."

"He's an Oggsford man."

"Oh!"

"He went to Oggsford College in England. You
know Oggsford College?"

"I've heard of it."

"It's one of the most famous colleges in the
world."

"Have you known Gatsby for a long time?" I
inquired

"Several years," he answered in a gratified way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Burt said:

I'd hazard a guess that most here haven't. including me.  And having an ambulance in formation to just go play a round of golf seems like overkill....even for a president.

Thats not all.  Whenever the president visits a city, an entire trauma bay at a local level 1 trauma center is prepared and reserved just in case.  No other patients are allowed to use it no matter how busy the hospital is or how much it is needed for another patient.  It sits empty until the president leaves town.

• Like 1

Schiff should play the literal telephone game.  Give the transcript to 100 Americans of myriad backgrounds, educational levels, ages, races, genders, and geographic accents/dialects.  And ask them to read that portion of the transcript, and then kinda American Idol style...ask 10.0mm Americans to vote whether it sounds like a sitting President asking a foreign leader to meddle in our electoral affairs.  

Before you laugh my idea off as silly, remember that we can't get 10.0mm Americans to read the damn thing, so my telephone game of just them listening is as good as we're gonna get.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Schiff should play the literal telephone game.  Give the transcript to 100 Americans of myriad backgrounds, educational levels, ages, races, genders, and geographic accents/dialects.  And ask them to read that portion of the transcript, and then kinda American Idol style...ask 10.0mm Americans to vote whether it sounds like a sitting President asking a foreign leader to meddle in our electoral affairs.  

Before you laugh my idea off as silly, remember that we can't get 10.0mm Americans to read the damn thing, so my telephone game of just them listening is as good as we're gonna get.  

R.I.P. Robin Williams, he could have read the whole thing 100 different ways and after we stopped laughing at that brilliant brilliant man the world lost too soon, we would have all agreed that it sounded like a sitting President asking a foreign leader to meddle in our electoral affairs.  

• Like 1

^
as soon as I read your first five words, my mind wandered immediately to Williams reading it in myriad voices.  I started chucking out loud to myself. 

But here's the issue, aside from his Walter Cronkite impression, Robin did almost every other voice/character/riff at his usual rapid voice (at least on stage, he was remarkably measured and calculating in his dramatic acting).  Have you ever noticed that Trump is the slowest talking New Yorker in U.S. History?  I mean, he'll ramble one or two sentences off quickly in a larger conversation/press answer...but for the most part...it takes him a long time to search for the right words.  Which is sad, because he hasn't said anything poignant since that night with Stormy Daniels, "Show me on the storm where you want me to thunder."  Listen to him though...especially when he gets defensive.  He will rattle off a bunch of words quickly but they're all just verbal filler.  Similar to many of you using the word "Like" 3 times in one sentence.  His substantive verbiage though, comes out very slowly at least for a powerful grown man.