Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

24 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The fact that Falwell Jr. hasn’t been struck down by lightning yet is all the proof I need that God doesn’t exist.

The fact that he’s an even bigger shitbag than his dad doesn’t help the evolution cause.

• Like 2

The funny thing is, I don't mind Trump fucking with China. 

The problem is, like all of his other negotiations, he'll end up making an ultimately terrible deal and will never actually capitalize on his leverage. Then he'll spend a year arguing that everyone who criticizes him is fake news. 

Researchers are proving that air pollution causes demetia:

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2019/05/researchers-now-have-even-more-proof-that-air-pollution-can-cause-dementia/

Trump has spent a great portion of his life living in one of the post polluted environments in the United States. He's also pushing for legislation that will allow for more air pollution.

Coincidence?

57 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

New talking point.  Tack on extra years.  Totally legal, totally cool.

that's the first test balloon that i've seen.  they're gonna see how it plays with the general populace.  if it picks up traction, it will start to form the basis for Trump not willingly leaving office if he loses the 2020 Presidential Election.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

that's the first test balloon that i've seen.  they're gonna see how it plays with the general populace.  if it picks up traction, it will start to form the basis for Trump not willingly leaving office if he loses the 2020 Presidential Election.

It's going to be a major campaign topic for him.  Paraphrasing Graham, Gingrich, Hannity, etc. "Trump needs to be re-elected to serve a full term because Democrats denied him that in his first term".

56 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I wish I could laugh at that and say, "That's ridiculous". Unfortunately, you're exactly right.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

It's not the first trial balloon, it's at least the third. At least twice, Trump has "joked" that he would stay past eight years. Once he said he'd stay for 10 or 14 years, the other time he said he'd stay president for life. 

He can't leave office, he'll be criminally charged by NY at least. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-again-jokes-about-staying-on-as-president-for-more-than-two-terms/2019/04/18/05a5afce-6207-11e9-9ff2-abc984dc9eec_story.html?utm_term=.87ec31e2160c

President Trump on Thursday joked about serving more than two terms as president, telling a crowd that he might remain in the Oval Office “at least for 10 or 14 years.”

Trump made the comments on the same day that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report was released to the public.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Edited by suddenly shaggy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

100% of Republicans will support it.  

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's going to be a major campaign topic for him.  Paraphrasing Graham, Gingrich, Hannity, etc. "Trump needs to be re-elected to serve a full term because Democrats denied him that in his first term".

It’s much deeper than that 

I wonder if one of the reasons Trump is so docile against North Korea, aside from Putin and the weird new "divide and conquer" regime, is that the plan has all along been for Pompeo and Bolton to pump their glory boners against Iran.  Trump probably thinks a flag waving frenzy against brown people will get his ratings up in time for an election.  

Edited by Chooky

4 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

It's not the first trial balloon, it's at least the third. At least twice, Trump has "joked" that he would stay past eight years. Once he said he'd stay for 10 or 14 years, the other time he said he'd stay president for life. 

He can't leave office, he'll be criminally charged by NY at least. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-again-jokes-about-staying-on-as-president-for-more-than-two-terms/2019/04/18/05a5afce-6207-11e9-9ff2-abc984dc9eec_story.html?utm_term=.87ec31e2160c

President Trump on Thursday joked about serving more than two terms as president, telling a crowd that he might remain in the Oval Office “at least for 10 or 14 years.”

Trump made the comments on the same day that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report was released to the public.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Trump's jokes are nothing like what Falwell is arguing.  Trump was joking about staying more than 8 years.  Falwell is saying that Trump's first term shouldn't end until 2022, regardless of what happens in the 2020 election, which Falwell knows could result in President Biden.

Sure, Iran was just going to attack US forces out of the blue. They aren't stupid. They see the US is in self destruct mode with a population that is at least half complete morons and the country can no longer sustain a representative democracy. They know all they have to do is wait. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Sure, Iran was just going to attack US forces out of the blue. They aren't stupid. They see the US is in self destruct mode with a population that is at least half complete morons and the country can no longer sustain a representative democracy. They know all they have to do is wait. 

It's that "by proxy" part that is troubling. Bolton can easily make a claim that any American death in the Middle East was caused by Iranian backed rebels. 

According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, as of the end of last year, Puerto Rico had actually received about $11.2 billion in disaster relief payments since 2017.

In all, the federal government has allocated nearly $41 billion, and has obligated about half of it via binding agreements, but as we said, so far just a portion of that — $11.2 billion — has been distributed in Puerto Rico.

To get to the $91 billion figure, a senior administration official told us Trump is including the total allocation for Puerto Rico — $41 billion — plus an estimated $50 billion in future FEMA costs “over the life of the disaster,” which can stretch decades.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/trump-misleads-on-aid-to-puerto-rico/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

You're not a real president until you have ordered people to die pointlessly in pursuit of a policy goal that you can't articulate. 

1 minute ago, retread said:

^ I think that's where Russia/China are as well. They won't have to fire a shot to beat us. Just wait.

"Never interfere with your enemy when he is in the process of making a mistake."

It's good advice.  I suspect that Russia and China are aware of it.  I doubt that DOTARD is.