Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

This incident Should end any talk of the myth of white privilege. Any Black guy would be dead. Not sure how that is debatable.

Honest question any "gangsta" looking non Acres Homes cowboy types rocking the open carry flex picts and not get shot the fuck up? Is that a thing? Cops are cool with black dudes showing off weapons? Inflammatory stickers no longer probable cause?
Imagine a brown dude with a rambo Castro tailgate- fox would have content for a decade.

Just to be clear, the El Paso shooter was driving away in his car and, on his own accord, stopped to turn himself to a motorcycle cop.  He could have gotten away but I imagine he figured that was more likely to end in his death. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

This incident Should end any talk of the myth of white privilege. Any Black guy would be dead. Not sure how that is debatable.

Honest question any "gangsta" looking non Acres Homes cowboy types rocking the open carry flex picts and not get shot the fuck up? Is that a thing? Cops are cool with black dudes showing off weapons? Inflammatory stickers no longer probable cause?
Imagine a brown dude with a rambo Castro tailgate- fox would have content for a decade.

It’s not even debate except to the Tucker Carlson crowd. 

The democrats didn’t elect trump, they just nominated someone, perhaps one of the one people in the party or perhaps on the planet, who could have lost to that fuckhead. I’ve never understood why you defend her so much. 
Sure maybe she got a raw deal and shouldn’t have been as disliked as much as she was. I get that. But the fact remains she was tremendously disliked, right or wrong, and the dems basically rigged the primary to have her win it. How can you believe all what you say about Russia yet somehow deny that obvious fact? 
The dems had a layup with plenty of time left to win and chose to shoot a half court shot at the buzzer. They missed and lost. We all did. 
Ill agree with you here. And I think the Democratic party is changing back to grassroots candidates that are electable aside from Biden.

I mean why people blame thr GOP for Trump, when we could have had Pence or Cruz. Swell alternative

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Cheesy grins and thumbs up in a photo op with an orphaned baby whose parents died shielding him from the bullets of a radicalized racist Trumpkin.

7ac08e229987acf3a35ce17a16a7a08b.jpg

Apparently the guy on the left is the brother of the dead father and is a Trump supporter. They brought the baby back to the hospital so they could meet him.

It’s all just so grotesque.

I'm gonna need links. We're on the same side, but c'mon. I'm having a hard time with the "shielding" thing, and if it's true, I need to know more about the smiley shit head on the left if his brother actually died last week.

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Bernie wins Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Therefore he wins the presidency as there is no state Hilllary won that Bernie loses. 

Bullshit. He couldn't beat Hillary. He wasn't going to beat Trump. He didn't win then, he won't win now. Blacks and Hispanics still exist and he doesn't appeal to either. He wasn't cheated.

However, if you're a comedian and you want Trump to lose but you still want a president who gives you a lot of material...Bernie's your guy. 

10 hours ago, sachick said:

Imo a lot of Mexicans are also racist and classist against their own. They think because they were born here, trump and his klan aren’t talking about them. That he’s only talking about the immigrants that are poor and just came to the states. They don’t realize Trump doesn’t care if your brown ass has been here for generations, you look like all the other brown skinned people and you’re no better than the Mexican that is working the fields.

Hispanics also need to realize that citizenship doesn't matter to mass murderers riled up and inspired by our Presidon't.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, threesheets said:

I heard the story on npr and almost posted something about it at the time. He sounded very genuine. It's proof that some people truly don't see the connection to Trump's rhetoric to what's happening. I don't know how, but they really don't, even when it's not some random person but their own brother. I just don't get it, but that's where we are. 

• Like 1

There is a lot of truth to that but the white supremacy should still be called out with a demand for all good and decent people to dig deep and do more for our country. AND candidates should offer real solutions. Elizabeth Warren is probably the best example of doing exactly what you ask for, but will her policies be too far left? Dunno but she’s offering real solutions for the evaporating middle class.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Cheesy grins and thumbs up in a photo op with an orphaned baby whose parents died shielding him from the bullets of a radicalized racist Trumpkin.

Apparently the guy on the left is the brother of the dead father and is a Trump supporter. They brought the baby back to the hospital so they could meet him.

25 minutes ago, troph said:

There is a lot of truth to that but the white supremacy should still be called out with a demand for all good and decent people to dig deep and do more for our country. AND candidates should offer real solutions. Elizabeth Warren is probably the best example of doing exactly what you ask for, but will her policies be too far left? Dunno but she’s offering real solutions for the evaporating middle class.

I don’t disagree, but including the white working class that has thus far supported Trump in with Richard Spencer is no different than vilifying all immigrants as rapists and criminals.  Doing so is counterproductive to the aim of defeating not just Trump but Trumpism.  And all it takes is for someone to be able to convince them that you are — irregardless of your intent.

i agree about Warren and she is my choice from the field of Dems right now.  Obviously I would vote for a corpse over Trump.  She does need to better connect with the average American.  I think the “Grab a beer with Warren” campaign is a good start.  Clinton won with the mantra “It’s the economy, stupid”.  The 2020 Dem candidates mantra should be “It’s the plight of the middle class, stupid.”  

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

Imo a lot of Mexicans are also racist and classist against their own. They think because they were born here, trump and his klan aren’t talking about them. That he’s only talking about the immigrants that are poor and just came to the states. They don’t realize Trump doesn’t care if your brown ass has been here for generations, you look like all the other brown skinned people and you’re no better than the Mexican that is working the fields.

Among people who I consider friends, the staunchest Trump supporter is a gay Mexican/American from Chihuahua who’s married to a Vietnamese immigrant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

In a clinical sense, sociopaths are generally intelligent, good liars, dont give a fuck about what others think, can be brave, can be charming, and may even be good in bed. In other words, very unlike Trump.

Trump has a classic narcissistic personality disorder.

You may be a psychiatrist, in which case I wouldn't argue because I'm no expert, but I've read a lot of things from experts that conflicts with the first part of what you said.   Sociopathy/ASPD is a disorder characterized by total lack of empathy and conscience.   A sociopath's other characteristics, like intelligence or drive to be successful, vary just like any other person.  There are extremely charming sociopaths, but also sociopaths who try to be charming but fail because they come off as fake.   The characteristics we commonly associate with sociopaths are skewed because we most often hear about the ones who become serial killers or CEOs, but they are in all walks of life with all sorts of other traits.   

It's pretty clear to me that Trump has both narcissistic personality disorder AND antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy), which is known as malignant narcissism. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

20 years from now the GOP excuse for all of Trump’s atrocities will be, “Well Hillary was the worst candidate ever.”

It’s just amazing how easily people fall for this bullshit, on both sides. 

Their prison memoirs will be invaluable to historians. 

or

Their accounts of the rise of a new, better America will be excellent additions to the Trump Memorial Imperial Library.

Could go either way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

He must be the guy who was on NPR prior to the visit saying he was a Trump supporter but wanted to meet him and ask him questions. At least he got the profound and meaningful Trump smile and thumbs up.

Your dead brother and sister in law did a great job protecting this baby. Fantastic job. The whole world is talking about it. The ratings are through the roof. If they were alive they'd get their own reality show. How would that be? Pretty great! It's amazing how many people are showing me so much love here. No, Melanie will hold that baby. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

EBhvPpRXkAI1UOf?format=jpg&name=small

Just for a heat check - even the ACLU was for this move. The EO let the SSA arbitrarily adjudicate the mental capabilities of social security recipients based purely on if they used a financial advisor or not. 

https://www.aclu.org/letter/aclu-vote-recommendation-social-security-ncis-rule-fair-pay-and-safe-workplaces-eo-senate

"The rule includes no meaningful due process protections prior to the SSA’s transmittal of names to the NICS database. The determination by SSA line staff that a beneficiary needs a representative payee to manage their money benefit is simply not an “adjudication” in any ordinary meaning of the word. Nor is it a determination that the person “[l]acks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs” as required by the NICS.  Indeed, the law and the SSA clearly state that representative payees are appointed for many individuals who are legally competent."

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The ACLU was and is wrong on this one, but it sure is fun to watch people trot out the old "even the ACLU" fallacy.

Eh I disagree, the EO was enabling a non-medical agency to make medical diagnosises without any sort of appeals or verification method once they made the arbitrary decision. What's your thinking behind them being wrong on this? I'm genuinely not trolling here lol, I want to see it from your perspective

You may be a psychiatrist, in which case I wouldn't argue because I'm no expert, but I've read a lot of things from experts that conflicts with the first part of what you said.   Sociopathy/ASPD is a disorder characterized by total lack of empathy and conscience.   A sociopath's other characteristics, like intelligence or drive to be successful, vary just like any other person.  There are extremely charming sociopaths, but also sociopaths who try to be charming but fail because they come off as fake.   The characteristics we commonly associate with sociopaths are skewed because we most often hear about the ones who become serial killers or CEOs, but they are in all walks of life with all sorts of other traits.   
It's pretty clear to me that Trump has both narcissistic personality disorder AND antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy), which is known as malignant narcissism. 

We could have some fun going through the DSM 5 on Trump.

But that’s just it right? Checking off a box or two here and there doesn’t make him a sociopath.

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He must be the guy who was on NPR prior to the visit saying he was a Trump supporter but wanted to meet him and ask him questions. At least he got the profound and meaningful Trump smile and thumbs up.

Your dead brother and sister in law did a great job protecting this baby. Fantastic job. The whole world is talking about it. The ratings are through the roof. If they were alive they'd get their own reality show. How would that be? Pretty great! It's amazing how many people are showing me so much love here. No, Melanie will hold that baby. 

Sorry kid, you had one job. Spit up on Trump as he smiled for his White Supremacy PR campaign. 

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

But many have it worse, and when you are in that state, you are ripe for exploitation.  You are tired, stressed, depressed, pissed.  You are doing your best but falling further behind.  A little bit at a time, every day. Then you tune into MSNBC and see someone bitching about your male, white privilege.  WTF?  Fuck you, asshole. 

Agreed.  The bad phrasing doesn't help.  I'm from a town of 600 that isn't totally poor, but when you are from one of those towns you inevitably end up circling through the others. And the others aren't doing great.  They are lily white filled with people that aren't making it work and have to listen to someone say white privilege all the time.  You're telling me the system is cheating for me?  I tried to explain this to my Dallas wife and she doesn't really get it.   "Yeah, but they wouldn't be subject to random stops by the cops..." kind of stuff.  It shouldn't be called "white privilege."  Something like "white and looking like a respectable member of society, and educated too if you can help it, and hopefully driving a late model car, and frankly it really only works for all those people in your high school you used to hate that were favored for everything already" privilege.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

irregardless

Not agreed.

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Your parents were gunned down by a white supremacist.

Hell yeah! 

"Let me tell you about the taco bowls at Trump Tower, they are the best, I know your parents are dead now, but if they were alive, no way they could make a better taco bowl than my chefs" 

10 hours ago, texas08 said:

Exhibit A, of my example above. That guy thinks the next shooter will spare his ass for posing next to Dotard. Dumb ass just lost his brother, he still wants to prove something by MAGAing.

I assume that’s the mom on the right, she’s less pleased, brother probably nagged the fuck out of her to pose.

This photo is fucking terrible.

Tito Anchondo also told NPR that his family members, Andre included, are lifelong Republican conservatives, and that he wanted to meet with Trump to see if he had “maybe some kind of remorse for statements that he’s made,” presumably the comments about immigrant “invasions” that the El Paso shooter echoed in his white supremacist manifesto.

https://splinternews.com/heres-trump-using-a-baby-whose-parents-died-shielding-h-1837095801

He got used as a prop for political points, and it is the President so it is hard not to get swept up a bit.  But he at least seems to be able to connect the dots.   We'll see if he still votes DOTUS.

So, background check legislation is all we're gonna get right now? Weren't those promised after Parkland?

After the massacre of 58 people at a Las Vegas concert in 2017 and the killing of 17 students in Parkland, Fla., the next year, Mr. Trump made good on a pledge to impose a ban on bump stocks, the attachments that enable semiautomatic rifles to fire in sustained, rapid bursts. But he also expressed support for taking guns away from dangerous or mentally ill people — even without court orders — only to back away after gun-rights advocates objected.

Mr. Trump has also mused in the past about more aggressive moves like tightening loopholes in the existing background check law but then failed to take action — including last year, after the Parkland shooting. And Mr. Trump earlier had reversed an Obama-era executive action that used Social Security records to help flag people with disqualifying mental health issues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/08/us/politics/gun-background-checks.html

You may well be right, but it didnt fit in with my joke.

6 minutes ago, retread said:

So, background check legislation is all we're gonna get right now? Weren't those promised after Parkland?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/08/us/politics/gun-background-checks.html

I saw a clip on the news this morning where Mitch McConnell said they'd be looking at background check legislation after the recess. I will be shocked if that ever comes to pass. (Especially if/when impeachment proceedings start around the same time.)

• Like 1