Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I'm still working on the neighbor. If I can't get a vote for the Democratic candidate, then there is the possible outcome of the neighbor not voting, but it's too early to tell. We've been neighbors for quite awhile, since my children were very young. Our family is quiet, keeps our lawn tidy and I share plants and baked goods so I guess I pass muster in that regard. I think for those on fixed retirement income, however, there is this fear that it ($$) could disappear and so my commentary has been mostly economic based. Not frequent, but sticking to small hard facts that cannot be disputed and only if the conversation heads that way. The neighbor doesn't seem to harbor any animosity toward immigrants or others, but at this time, I cannot see that pointing out the GOP for its most glaring flaws would bear any fruit, even if that is the truth. Do you think I am wrong in this? If healthcare and money are a big worry for someone, it seems like those might be the areas where someone who is fence-sitting might actually consider a different vote. She already admitted she does not vote straight ticket and as of right now, the long game seems like the right way to go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It really is this simple.  Have the Dem senators show up.  If they can get in the chamber, send out images of them sitting at their desk, waiting to do the people's business, and show Mitch's empty chair.  If they can't get in, have them sit in chairs on the steps.  All.  fucking.  day.  And all.  fucking.  night.  You signed up to serve your country -- now fucking DO IT YOU GUTLESS FUCKING COWARDS.

Slightly different, but Mike Gravel basically told all the Democratic Senators the same thing in 2008. Do your fucking job

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The neighbor doesn't seem to harbor any animosity toward immigrants or others, but at this time, I cannot see that pointing out the GOP for its most glaring flaws would bear any fruit, even if that is the truth. Do you think I am wrong in this? If healthcare and money are a big worry for someone, it seems like those might be the areas where someone who is fence-sitting might actually consider a different vote. She already admitted she does not vote straight ticket and as of right now, the long game seems like the right way to go.

The GOP doesn't have a replacement healthcare plan once they've destroyed ACA in the courts, and they won't work with Ds to craft a healthcare plan. Eventually, they will dip into entitlements to pay for their tax cuts.

Go check out the DACA/Immigration thread for the latest cruelties being inflicted upon immigrants by ICE.    https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/1965-daca-immigration-reform-whatever/page/101/&tab=comments#comment-1499106

The GOP has no ideas besides more spending and tax cuts for the wealthy.

Edited by retread
  • Like 2

I haven't seen the neighbor since the El Paso and Dayton atrocities, so that will be the topic of conversation I am sure. I try and listen a lot. You learn a lot about people that way. I agree that the short game strategy for the wealthy is what the GOP excels at as of late, and that is what I've been working with. When the economy tanked the last time, it took a long time for things to rebound, but eventually they did. Without getting too dry, we've been discussing the very poor plan of high spending when the economy is on the rise as opposed to paying down debt or at the very least, not spending on stupid stuff. She loathes Hillary Clinton, so I haven't tested the waters on any of the current crop of candidates. We shall see.

1 minute ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Secret Muslim or not, Obama seemed like a caring, involved Dad.

Does Trump ever do Dad things with Barron?  In some respects I hope not for the kid's sake.

Yes, me too. I don't usually follow children of political leaders (if they are minors or the royal family in the UK cause who doesn't love cute babies?) but I haven't seen any press regarding Barron but I don't read People or other mags like that unless I'm getting a haircut. I expect he is insularly (is that a word?) surrounded by like-minded individuals just like him. Poor kid.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yes, me too. I don't usually follow children of political leaders (if they are minors or the royal family in the UK cause who doesn't love cute babies?) but I haven't seen any press regarding Barron but I don't read People or other mags like that unless I'm getting a haircut. I expect he is insularly (is that a word?) surrounded by like-minded individuals just like him. Poor kid.

What struck me was his complete absence in the Trump family vacay to the UK earlier this year. Hell, all the rest of the bloody brood went, regardless of the quasi-official status in the administration.

Why is he looking at the camera and smiling? Are you kidding me? I mean, if the young lady's parents were asking for a pic, then okay but why not pull up a chair and chat with her? She is in the hospital because someone shot her, not because she broke her arm playing basketball.

59 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm still working on the neighbor. If I can't get a vote for the Democratic candidate, then there is the possible outcome of the neighbor not voting, but it's too early to tell. We've been neighbors for quite awhile, since my children were very young. Our family is quiet, keeps our lawn tidy and I share plants and baked goods so I guess I pass muster in that regard. I think for those on fixed retirement income, however, there is this fear that it ($$) could disappear and so my commentary has been mostly economic based. Not frequent, but sticking to small hard facts that cannot be disputed and only if the conversation heads that way. The neighbor doesn't seem to harbor any animosity toward immigrants or others, but at this time, I cannot see that pointing out the GOP for its most glaring flaws would bear any fruit, even if that is the truth. Do you think I am wrong in this? If healthcare and money are a big worry for someone, it seems like those might be the areas where someone who is fence-sitting might actually consider a different vote. She already admitted she does not vote straight ticket and as of right now, the long game seems like the right way to go.

You should listen to this Ted Talk, especially beginning around min 15

Dialogue And Exchange https://one.npr.org/i/745340552:745344452

Edited by Horn Dog

5 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Yes, and FOX uses both Wallace and Shep as cover for the white supremacists they have on every night. See we do real news!  Look at Shep!  

If either of them had any decency they'd say no to providing that sheen of fake legitimacy to Fox and they would go elsewhere.  

Unlike George Conway, I give him a pass. Shep is the only dude there with a soul and you know it grates those racist, homophobic pieces of shit to see a gay dude have the audacity to go on their network and tell them the truth. 

FOX execs would rather have him out if they could. The execs only care about ratings and money. They don't care about cover, we're way past Shep providing them any veneer. Many FOX views turn it off when Shep is on and it's hurting FOX's ratings. They can't fire him, because he's part of a protected group they rail on and their viewers hate. Shep would sue the shit out of them. Half the time, I think he's daring them fire him.

300?cb=20120209064325

Keep fighting the good fight.

Expect Straight ticket Trump GOP in 2020 from your neighbor.
Expect some narrative version of some "other" trying to take what they have as the excuse to pick the "lesser of two evils", even while that GOP candidate is taking social security and Medicare away and crippling your neighbor.

Try to not get jaded. We're all counting on you.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

According to the 2017 American Community Survey, only 55 percent of the population in Dayton is White. Now, compare that statistic to the group of smiling doctors/nurses who agreed to be photographed with Trump.

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Apologies for quoting myself, but that tweet makes the point better than I could. The Dayton event has been been completely WHITEwashed either through self-selection by the participants or by pre-selection of the participants by the WHITE House.

While we still don't know the motives of the Dayton shooter, the response through the visual "messaging" (gawd, I hate that term) don't appear to be coincidental based on the available photographic evidence.

Meanwhile, have they released any photos of Trump in El Paso hospitals with Latino doctors/nurses and Latino victims yet?

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Apologies for quoting myself, but that tweet makes the point better than I could. The Dayton event has been been completely WHITEwashed either through self-selection by the participants or by pre-selection of the participants by the WHITE House.

While we still don't know the motives of the Dayton shooter, the response through the visual "messaging" (gawd, I hate that term) don't appear to be coincidental based on the available photographic evidence.

Meanwhile, have they released any photos of Trump in El Paso hospitals with Latino doctors/nurses and Latino victims yet?

i'm interested in seeing the el paso ones too.  everyone is excited to meet the president, so you'd think they'd have no trouble finding some brown people to take pictures, but what if this is one where everyone's good sense actually won out and no one would make themselves into props.

4 minutes ago, sachick said:

I’m curious why we haven’t seen any El Paso photo ops. You know if they had a picture with anyone brown, they would have that picture posted ASAP to prove he’s not racist.

Because the entire thing is a taxpayer funded campaign ad.  Including trump with a shit eating grin, thumbs upping, with a bunch of white people and law enforcement.  They don't give a flying fuck about the stated purpose of the trip to El Paso or that city in Ohio whose name he can't be bothered to remember.

Edit to add:  and he apparently tweeted a fucking campaign ad of El Paso photo ops.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Like 1

That’s a shame. What at least one of them SHOULD have done would be to agree to meet with him, then fucking cross examine him on calling Mexicans “murderers, murderers, murderers!” the last time he was in El Paso (and recorded the whole thing, especially the part where he yells at someone in a hospital bed and calls them “fake news!”)
Then again, I’m gonna cut, like, ALL the slack for folks who just got shot. So, I respect their call.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why is he looking at the camera and smiling? Are you kidding me? I mean, if the young lady's parents were asking for a pic, then okay but why not pull up a chair and chat with her? She is in the hospital because someone shot her, not because she broke her arm playing basketball.

He already has campaign ads out based on his two campaign stops in Dayton and El Paso. Seriously. That's the only reason he insisted on going. He's just an awful person.

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

He already has campaign ads out based on his two campaign stops in Dayton and El Paso. Seriously. That's the only reason he insisted on going. He's just an awful person.

Campaigning for himself is his only reason for everything. "What's in it for me?" is his creed.

• Like 1

Cable news has the ability to drive the President into total exhaustion and insanity by airing interviews with any of his countless enemies at oddball hours of the night. 

It's a certainty that he'll stay up late to watch and rage tweet about it. 

He's hated O'Brien for 15 years because the writer dared to expose him as a financial fraud. Which he is. He's a fraud in every sense of the word. And honestly, fraud is about the nicest of the accurate descriptors you could use for this fat sack of shit. 

11 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I’m not entirely sure, but considering the source, I don’t really believe that there are drug dealers out there that are convicted of killing 25 people, that got less than 30 days.

Haven’t you heard about our notoriously soft federal sentencing guidelines?

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

SOMEONE HELP THIS GIRL

d77d7114e237818c713ff8e0b2f79665.jpg

I cracked up laughing when I saw this. His shining phony smile. Attention to the camera instead of the patient. Weird touching. You'd think she won the national spelling bee.

Hey, sure you almost got killed by a murderer, but you got to meet me, oh, and Melanie! Smile! You know, a doctor came up to me and said, "Sir, everybody here really likes you a lot. Thank you for what you're doing for this country. You're the smartest man I ever met, would you like to come in and assist in some neuron er neutron uh neur- head surgery?" Great guy. Big arms. Want a MAGA Hat? Melanoma and Melania, give her cap. Let's get out of here.

Edited by RomaVicta