Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, everything is just fine.

A national emergency over Trump’s sore ego and weeping pussy. I don’t think that’s in the bylaws.

Boy howdy, I can't wait to ask my FIL how he feels about the president declaring a false state of emergency to take away huge chunks of his ranch on the border. I wonder when he'll change his mind about trump. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, retread said:

This sounds nuts, but it's actually pretty smart when you take into account Trump's base.

The key thing mentioned above is that they know it would be challenged immediately.

He declares his national emergency, it's challenged immediately, and is then struck down.

Guess what?  He gets to say he tried, but The Deep State shut him down.  He gets to declare the moral victory and that he went to bat for our national security, while not having to do anything.

• Like 1

He’s such a nasty taint.

51a13d1af14983f803eacb1ea615d18d.jpg

And why are his eyes so red?

His bangs are starting to meld with his eyebrows.

Does he dye those caterpillars when he dyes his “hair”?

He needs to smile more! He just looks unlikeable.

Plus, his wattle is getting saggier. Maybe he should look into getting plastic surgery on that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This sounds nuts, but it's actually pretty smart when you take into account Trump's base.

The key thing mentioned above is that they know it would be challenged immediately.

He declares his national emergency, it's challenged immediately, and is then struck down.

Guess what?  He gets to say he tried, but The Deep State shut him down.  He gets to declare the moral victory and that he went to bat for our national security, while not having to do anything.

This is mostly likely the scenario he and his crazy band of men of have mapped out.  At this point, he's looking all around for a way for a reason his impending defeat isn't his fault.... Thats' assuming the Dems don't cave and give him something like DACA for the wall, which would be dumb.  Now... DACA + TPS + something for 2.5 billion for reinforcements for existing impediments wouldn't be nuts at all.... It's all about silliness at this point.  5 billion can't build a border wall.  Shit, 50 billion can't.

Yet they do not.  They defend the wall although it is not needed, the crisis is fabricated, it is founded in racism and vanity, it is linked to concentration camps and children in cages and unnecessary deaths on the southern border.  They defend Trump's claims of no collusion even though evidence of collusion includes the president himself asking for the assistance of the Russians, embracing Russian law-breaking to support his own campaign, defenses of the Russians, giving national secrets to the Russians, obsequious service to Vladimir Putin, and obstruction of justice on behalf of the Russians.  They defend him in the face of his embrace of white supremacists and of his serial abuse of women.  They defend him the face of his campaign finance crimes and his proven efforts to defraud the American voter.

They defend him as seeks to profit illegally from the presidency.  They defend him as his foundation is shutdown for abuses.  They defend him as he defends murderers and despots overseas and alienates our most important allies.  They defend him as he lies 10 times a day.

They defend him as his cabinet and appointees are revealed to be profoundly corrupt.  They defend him as he despoils the environment.  They defend him as he dismantles the international order that has been the foundation of American security for three-quarters of a century.

They defend him although his tax cuts helped only the rich, hurt the majority and did not help the U.S. economy.  They defend him as he daily proves his unfitness for office.  They defend him as he promotes unheard of nepotism in the U.S. government.

They defend him as he attacks the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Intelligence Community, distinguished generals, heroes, families who have lost their children to sacrifice for the nation.They defend him as he daily reveals himself to be the most corrupt president in history.

They defend him as he daily reveals himself to be the worst of us.  And we must wonder, at what point should such defenses require questioning by those who give a platform to these talking heads and enabling columnists and toadying pols.

At what point do producers and editors have to ask, "Has this person lost any shred of credibility they may once have had?  Can anyone who defends the indefensible for so long be seen as anything but complicit in the crimes they are defending."

There is no journalistic principle that requires that liars be defended because the truth is the only victim, no ethical guideline that says that racists or criminals have advocates because that only compounds the wrongs that already have taken place.

You know their names.  You see them daily.  You hear their lame defenses of this most indefensible American and the gang of thugs around him and his sponsors among our enemies and corrupted leaders overseas.

And you must recognize that only when audiences turn away from them, only when audiences protest their appearances, only when audiences demand advertisers no longer support them, only when audiences demand the truth and a modicum of decency, will they be silence.

They do not "deserve" our attention.  They are not practicing politics as usual.  Their views have been so deeply discredited they no longer have credibility or merit.  There is no form of fairness that requires they be allowed to speak.

Indeed, quite the contrary, they have abused the privilege of having our attention.  As the dark truths about this dangerous president and those who enable him are further revealed and justice is done, part of that justice will be consigning these unprincipled tools of Trump and Putin and their ilk to the ignominy and obscurity they have earned. They have helped bring us to where we are.  If we are to return to the kind of country we can be (and once were) their role must be understood and they must be cast aside.

There would have been no Trump Administration without them.  These crimes are theirs.  These wrongs, this corruption of our society, are theirs as well as Trump's.  Mark them as you would mark him.  They are not voices in our public discourse.  They are its enemies.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

Remember all the dickheads crying that Obama was going to declare martial law with Jade Helm? Yeah, they won't say shit when this fake national emergency is declared.

Yeah, and they screamed about abandoned Walmart's being holding sites until they started holding 6 year old immigrants.  They were fine with that.

• Like 1

It seems to me like the Dems have Trump by the juevos...the worst possible thing for Trump is looking like he lost. At this point, I think the Dems could ask for basically whatever they’ve always wanted and if he got his $5B fence in exchange, he’d sign off on it. Trump wouldn’t spend a second debating the policy merits of their ask or the implications of their funding requests. I wonder if the Dems would play that card or not...?

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It seems to me like the Dems have Trump by the juevos...the worst possible thing for Trump is looking like he lost. At this point, I think the Dems could ask for basically whatever they’ve always wanted and if he got his $5B fence in exchange, he’d sign off on it. Trump wouldn’t spend a second debating the policy merits of their ask or the implications of their funding requests. I wonder if the Dems would play that card or not...?

I wish this were the case but Trump isn’t interested in making a deal.  Why should Trump capitulate?  What does he personally gain by folding?  If this fight ends, all the malfeasance and investigations become the news. 

Trump has to maintain control of the media narrative above all else.  Keeping the shutdown going is the best way to do that. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish this were the case but Trump isn’t interested in making a deal.  Why should Trump capitulate?  What does he personally gain by folding?  If this fight ends, all the malfeasance and investigations become the news. 

Trump has to maintain control of the media narrative above all else.  Keeping the shutdown going is the best way to do that. 

I understand where you’re coming from, but that calculus changes once everybody is affected by the shutdown. If this drags on, there is no benefit for Trump in it continuing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’d get behind 10B for the wall in exchange for his resignation. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes.

We’re talking about well over a million people, many performing crucial jobs (tax refunds, transportation security, etc.) out of work. As this stretched on, those people are forced to look for other jobs...the kind you actually get paid for in a timely manner. Ignoring the impact the loss of the crucial services would have on the public at large, the financial impact in terms of lost economic activity would be in the tens of billions, maybe more if it stretches on longer.

Is it your position that a President that has forced this shutdown due to an unpopular demand (what, 1/3rd of Americans want the wall and even fewer agree with shutting down the government to get it?) benefits from it, politically or otherwise?

Trump was ready to sign off on funding without a wall until Hannity/Coulter lost their minds...that wouldn’t have been the case had your theory been accurate (meaning this is a stunt to control the media narrative).

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is it your position that a President that has forced this shutdown due to an unpopular demand (what, 1/3rd of Americans want the wall and even fewer agree with shutting down the government to get it?) benefits from it, politically or otherwise?

He doesn’t gain from the shutdown.

He slows down and delays the losing for himself.

All those consequences you listed don’t explain why Trump should care when he can just blame the democrats.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Cacti said:

Out of curiosity, what is it about you specifically that causes this everyday apprehension? Gender? Race? Other? And what proposed or pending legislation causes this fear of legal discrimination?

I'm a queer woman; I don't think I need to specify anything other than that to answer your question. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He doesn’t gain from the shutdown.

He slows down and delays the losing for himself.

All those consequences you listed don’t explain why Trump should care when he can just blame the democrats.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree, but I think he accelerates the losing by owning a prolonged government shutdown.

Seems to me that Cheeto stumbled upon this new toy called the shutdown. Once it began, he realized that it inflicts pain on Americans and shifts the focus from his legal peril to something else. He likes both of those. In his mind, it also serves to campaign for him in 2020 by sticking to his Wall promise.

Now h'e's starting to think that he can do just about anything if he just declares a national emergency based on a supposed threat to America.

Edited by retread
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’re talking about well over a million people, many performing crucial jobs (tax refunds, transportation security, etc.) out of work. As this stretched on, those people are forced to look for other jobs...the kind you actually get paid for in a timely manner. Ignoring the impact the loss of the crucial services would have on the public at large, the financial impact in terms of lost economic activity would be in the tens of billions, maybe more if it stretches on longer.

Trump was ready to sign off on funding without a wall until Hannity/Coulter lost their minds...that wouldn’t have been the case had your theory been accurate (meaning this is a stunt to control the media narrative).

Not to mention all of the private companies that perform services for the govt.  I’m sure many of their employees are or soon will be losing their paycheck as well.  And those workers won’t receive back pay like govt workers will.

trump is used to a world where he can shut down a construction site in negotiations to get a better deal for himself.  He doesn’t care if 100 workers lose a paycheck or two if he gets 200k out of it.   Now he’s dealing with millions of people who are affected directly because of lost paychecks.   

Not to mention people that are affected because of a loss of govt services.  What about the kid that is starting college next week but needs to clear up a problem with her govt backed student loan.  Or the person who needs a passport for urgent personal or business purposes.  And i understand that some govt services are still available but you know it’s much slower now.

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I guess we’ll agree to disagree, but I think he accelerates the losing by owning a prolonged government shutdown.

We can only hope. The GOP senators will have to be the first to crack.  The democrats shouldn’t even think about appeasing this lunatic.

But if you don’t see how Trump is creating a crisis where he sells himself the hero in the end, I don’t know what to tell you.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In all seriousness I would like to understand what the proposed $5B is supposed to buy.  It’s not buying a 2000 mile wall or fence.   

In the grand scheme of fed govt spending, $5B isn’t a lot.    Can’t someone ask or explain the exact details?

In all seriousness, nothing.  There are no details.  There is no plan.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

In all seriousness, nothing.  There are no details.  There is no plan.  

No plan?  No details???  Bullshit.  The wall will have steel slats.  It will be see-through.  It will keep out crime and disease and, believe it or not, coyotes.

That’s all you need to know.

• Like 1