Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This is how civil war starts. The GOP and Fox has vilified the left for a decade and now Trump is going to use it as a spring board to create chaos to disrupt the investigation. Next up to vilify is the government as a whole and 33% of the population is all in. 

I really think that is an avenue he is looking at.  He would love to be able to impose martial law.  It would put all his investigations on  hold, presumably because they were dangerous to the country, how much the country is ready to boil over in defense of him.  It would be like a psuedo dictatorship.  I honestly think he is swallowing a lot of the Q stuff, because this is what they want to happen.  According to them, he is bringing all the troops home so they can defend trump from the deep state and the idiots who refuse to believe in Q.   I think he is playing to that crowd, since he knows it's really his last shot.  As one of the Qtards put it, we need every marine home now to set the country straight!   

I also think he is dissing the military higher staff in order to get them to retire, so he can hopefully handpick the next ones, elevating the Trumpkins in the wings.  The handsome ones, you know.  

It’s hard to tell because he is the most prolific liar in American history, but it seems like it has recently gotten to even more absurd levels.  The president of the United States of America is not a trustworthy source on anything from his own thoughts and opinions to basic verifiable facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

I really think that is an avenue he is looking at.  He would love to be able to impose martial law.  It would put all his investigations on  hold, presumably because they were dangerous to the country, how much the country is ready to boil over in defense of him.  It would be like a psuedo dictatorship.  I honestly think he is swallowing a lot of the Q stuff, because this is what they want to happen.  According to them, he is bringing all the troops home so they can defend trump from the deep state and the idiots who refuse to believe in Q.   I think he is playing to that crowd, since he knows it's really his last shot.  As one of the Qtards put it, we need every marine home now to set the country straight!   

I also think he is dissing the military higher staff in order to get them to retire, so he can hopefully handpick the next ones, elevating the Trumpkins in the wings.  The handsome ones, you know.  

This requires a level of competence and foresight that he does not have.  

Every crazy action he does is trying to make up for some dumbass decision he previously made.  

He makes decisions based on whoever he last talked to or saw on Fox News, not on any kind of competent decision-making process. 

We have the shutdown because of something Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, or Hannity said that hurt Trump’s ego or feelings, not because of some kind of malevolent attempt at shutting down the investigation.  

His comments and tweets frequently show he doesn’t have a firm grasp on what he’s doing. 

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

I was literally thinking not long ago when he said, "Nobody knows about tech more than me" that we really need a running list on the ridiculous amount of things Trump thinks he knows about more than experts.

+ rep.

Edited by Tom

27 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Republicans don't give a shit if other Republicans are pieces of shit, because deep down they all know they are acting like pieces of shit. Civility and decorum are only expected from the left because deep down Rs know that liberals are generally acting in good faith. 

It's time to give up trying to argue/critique the Republican base. They have gone rogue. If they want to rejoin the world of morality, let them do it on their terms. Until then, they need to be treated as enemies and the focus should be 100% on removing the GOP from any kind of power. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Ironically, Trump has done more to ensure that the “failing NYT” has turned things around than any business decision the paper has made.

Yep.  It's amazing the impact hes had on newspapers.  

Hell i even had a WashPo subscription

Serious question: Can anyone name a single Republican that is worth a shit in Congress? A person that stands up to Trump and isn't a total shitbag on social issues? I'd love to feel good about SOMEONE on that side of the aisle. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Serious question: Can anyone name a single Republican that is worth a shit in Congress? A person that stands up to Trump and isn't a total shitbag on social issues? I'd love to feel good about SOMEONE on that side of the aisle. 

Will Hurd at least seems somewhat decent. I haven't bothered to look up his voting record, but he was on NPR the other day talking about how we don't need this stupid wall. Plus, he talks a good bipartisanship game - of course, he has to if he wants to continue to represent that particular district.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Most likely to vote against Trump in Senate

Jon Kyl - Gone

Rand Paul

Susan Collins

Mike Lee

WOW

The scumbag in chief should either get Mexico to pay for the fucking wall like he promised would happen to all his mouth breather supporters or pay for it his fucking self. 

Just introduce a bill that says he can build his wall when a check arrives from Mexico to build it or he personally pays for it and tell him to shut his fat orange fucking mouth. 

Don’t have us pay for your stupid motherfucking wall you orange shithead. You pay for it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

Poor Trump.  

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-judicial-nominations-116th-congress-us-senate-charles-schumer-1280392

President Donald Trump has suffered a setback after the Senate knocked hundreds of nominations back to the White House. As the 116th Congress began on Thursday, the Senate sent back over 270 nominations from the previous session, as well as a host of foreign service nominees.

The development is an unexpected and unwanted headache for the Trump administration, which has previously been critical of the perceived lack of speed in approving nominations.

A tracker from The Washington Post and the Partnership for Public Service shows the Senate has so far approved 434 nominations out of the 707 positions that require confirmation. The Senators’ decision to knock back a large number of nominations—the full list was published in the Congressional Record on Friday—has now thrown them into jeopardy.

Trump now faces having to renominate the picks to ensure they are considered for the new session of Congress. It is possible that the nominations, or some of them at least, will be confirmed, but the process of having to renominate them is expected to be time consuming.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The shutdown isn’t about the wall.  It’s about taking the fight to Trump’s enemies.

And it's about the Democrats taking the fight to Trump, too. Trump's floated every olive branch just to say, "just give me something I can say is a wall." But they're determined to deny him even a manufactured victory.

Stupid people still recognize strength and force when they see it. It's the one thing that strongmen always project. If Trump ultimately caves, as deluded as his base is, I suspect a good number of them will recognize it as defeat. When the government shutdown ends, if there's no money in the deal for border security, Trump loses.

I have a different opinion.  I say pile the trash on. Is there a better visual metaphor for the situation this country is in?  
My tax dollars were paying people to empty those cans.  Where the fuck are they?  Oh, that’s right, shutdown because of the trash in the White House.  
Trump is now literally living in a mess of his own making.  The monuments will be fine. 

Better off tossing the trash over the wall on to the White House lawn.