Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

57 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I actually thought of this very specific item. It’s a fair thought. The problem with it is that it has nothing to do with a border security. It’s already been established that pelosi must care about border security and she was referencing border security in her statement. So again, what “values” was she referencing?

You can't be serious.

Totally normal behavior.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/us/trump-golf-club-illegal-immigrant-employee.html

A former employee of the Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey said that her name was removed from a list of workers to be vetted by the Secret Service after she reminded management that she was unlawfully in the United States, the latest worker to assert that supervisors at the elite resort were aware that some members of their work force were undocumented.

In the latest revelation, Emma Torres, an undocumented immigrant from Ecuador who prepared food at the club, said that members of the kitchen staff were asked in 2016, as Donald J. Trump was in the midst of his campaign for the White House, to write their names, addresses and other details, including their Social Security numbers, on a list of employees that would be submitted to the Secret Service for clearance.

The golf club has been a favorite venue for vacation and business meetings for Mr. Trump.

“When I learned this is for the Secret Service to see the records of everyone because they are giving protection to Mr. Trump, I rushed to human resources,” Ms. Torres said in an interview. “I thought, God, what will I do?” Ms. Torres said she had used a fake Social Security number when she applied for her job.

She said that she told a human resources employee, whose name she does not know, that she did not have legal status. She said that the woman replied, “‘It’s O.K. No problem.’ She scratched me off the list.”

57 minutes ago, G650 said:

You can't be serious.

To be fair, I think I can sympathize with his seemingly endless and fruitless quest to understand the concept of American values. 

Based on our current administration, we've finally crumpled up the last of them and thrown them in the garbage. 

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump relies on the feedback from Fox and Friends, etc. to stroke his ego and reinforce his actions and opinions.  He displays this quite often in his twitter comments. 

If Fox turned on him, what would he have left?  Imagine if no major media outlet was sucking him off every day?

Where do his followers turn to for their news?  Breutbart is off limits.  Alex Jones?

He’s a reality tv star, and it’s what he was born to do.  He has to have that positive feedback.   He is controlled by that desire for it.  

They would have this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network  

On January 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM, David Dennison said:

The Democrats nominated the most polarizing woman in America. I know plenty of people who hate Trump but voted for him because his opponent was Hillary Clinton.

Americans are clearly schizophrenic when it comes to Hillary. From Politfact:

In two polls taken in 2011 and 2012, she was viewed favorably by 66 percent, making her more popular than President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

When she left that position on Feb. 1, 2013, 64 percent had a favorable view of her. Her rating has since declined in the wake of criticism over security at the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and controversy over how she handled them.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/22/hillary-clinton/hillary-clintons-approval-rating-secretary-state-w/

Republicans understood early on that Hillary would be the Democratic nominee and the marshaled every resource at their disposal to take her out. And they did. With help from Putin and Hillary herself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Americans are clearly schizophrenic when it comes to Hillary. From Politfact:

In two polls taken in 2011 and 2012, she was viewed favorably by 66 percent, making her more popular than President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

When she left that position on Feb. 1, 2013, 64 percent had a favorable view of her. Her rating has since declined in the wake of criticism over security at the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and controversy over how she handled them.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/22/hillary-clinton/hillary-clintons-approval-rating-secretary-state-w/

Republicans understood early on that Hillary would be the Democratic nominee and the marshaled every resource at their disposal to take her out. And they did. With help from Putin and Hillary herself.

20180623_WOC220.png

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The first video cuts out right before the weirdest part of Skinhead #3's propaganda.  Did anyone hear him ask whether we'd rather have them knock on our doors or come through our window?

13 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Just once I wish he would close his eyes and not wake up.

Not me. If that happens, the investigation probably gets dropped and swept under the rug, and jr and the rest of his spawn get to walk with Trump org completely intact. I want him to be alive so he can watch his empire crumble from a cell. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 6

That is a fair point, and I will definitely enjoy seeing him suffer should that happen. But I'm pretty tired of waking up every morning and wondering whether or not it's going to be legal to discriminate against me yet or not. 

I also don't think the investigation gets dropped if Dotard dies. Too many people are wrapped up in it and involved. Laws were broken by plenty of people, not just Donald. 

Given his vanity and germophobia, I'd prefer he get a painless, non-curable form of leprosy.  So he'd have to watch parts of his body slowly rot away and fall off, like maybe losing a tiny hand during a golf swing, having one of his ass cheeks stick to the toilet during a twitter rampage and peel away when he finally stood up, so that end all that is left is the horrible comb-over and pouty face.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Shaping up to be a fun Friday

I love that 93% at the end. "... and is the most popular Republican in party history?" would have ended the sentence just fine. Adding that "ninety-three percent" is like a child guessing at what a fact-based discussion among grown ups sounds like.

2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

That is a fair point, and I will definitely enjoy seeing him suffer should that happen. But I'm pretty tired of waking up every morning and wondering whether or not it's going to be legal to discriminate against me yet or not. 

I also don't think the investigation gets dropped if Dotard dies. Too many people are wrapped up in it and involved. Laws were broken by plenty of people, not just Donald. 

I think his image gets scrubbed clean if he drops dead.  Fox News is already pumping enough shit out to keep the boat floating even as he spews more shit every day. Once he's quiet, there will be no rage du jour, and they can focus completely on beatifying him.  His term needs to end in disgrace.  No "flawed, but great, man with a vision who ran out of time" bullshit.

And maybe you're right on the feds and NY continuing to go after his kids. Tough to wash that over. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Not me. If that happens, the investigation probably gets dropped and swept under the rug, and jr and the rest of his spawn get to walk with Trump org completely intact. I want him to be alive so he can watch his empire crumble from a cell. 

I take comfort knowing this will be the worst year of Trump’s life...except for every year to follow 

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

And sure, Pence would almost certainly continue threatening my civil liberties, but I've got a feeling he won't be sticking around for a very long period of time, regardless.

While being Trump's equal at threatening your civil liberties, at least Pence wouldn't get us into stupid trade wars while alienating our allies.