Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A significant portion of legal aid funds comes from the federal government. It wouldn't be hard to attach strings to that funding.

Yes. Soccer balls that were donated. 

https://elpasoheraldpost.com/state-senator-jose-rodriguez-is-coordinating-gifts-for-good-for-children-at-tornillo-camp/

We become a thoroughly wicked people.

First Collector :At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute.

Ebenezer : Are there no prisons?

First Collector : Plenty of prisons.

Ebenezer : And the union workhouses - are they still in operation?

First Collector : They are. I wish I could say they were not.

Ebenezer : Oh, from what you said at first I was afraid that something had happened to stop them in their useful course. I'm very glad to hear it.

First Collector : I don't think you quite understand us, sir. A few of us are endeavoring to buy the poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth.

Ebenezer : Why?

First Collector : Because it is at Christmastime that want is most keenly felt, and abundance rejoices. Now what can I put you down for?

Ebenezer : Huh! Nothing!

Second Collector : You wish to be anonymous?

Ebenezer : [firmly, but calmly]  I wish to be left alone. Since you ask me what I wish sir, that is my answer. I help to support the establishments I have named; those who are badly off must go there.

First Collector : Many can't go there.

Second Collector : And some would rather die.

"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease  the surplus population.

A woman on NPR this morning discussed the denial of legal aid. She is expert, but I didn't catch her role. She described the facilities for children: a converted Walmart that is prison like providing little if any education or recreation.

Trump creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. What types of citizens will emerge from years of  prison-like upbringing and possessed of no education? People for whom crime is almost the only way. Evil brown people! Fear! Fear!

This may not be our worst policy ever, but it may be our most shameful. I know I'm ashamed.

• Like 3

Just now, RomaVicta said:

We become a thoroughly wicked people.

A woman on NPR this morning discussed the denial of legal aid. She is expert, but I didn't catch her role. She described the facilities for children: a converted Walmart that is prison like providing little if any education or recreation.

Trump creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. What types of citizens will emerge from years of  prison-like upbringing and possessed of no education? People for whom crime is almost the only way. Evil brown people! Fear! Fear!

This may not be our worst policy ever, but it may be our most shameful. I know I'm ashamed.

Cruelty is our brand.

• Like 1

It boggles the mind that we allow this buffoon to embarrass our country at such hallowed anniversaries. And not one person on his side of the aisle has the chutzpah to call him out. Fucking joke the way he’s behaved at the 100th armistice anniversary and the 75th D-day remembrance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Remember when Obama took his kids with him on his vacation, and we taxpayers had to pay for that?  The nerve of that Obama.

You're not being fair or seeing the big picture.  Eric's dad didn't have a loony doctor write up phony medical conditions five different times so his father could not travel way too far to not fight in a country nobody had even heard of just so years later we'd have to pay for some jive ass, smooth talking black dude to go on vacation.  That's not what our non veterans didn't fight for.  Where were all of you when he wasn't fighting by land air and sea?  When you know firsthand how painful it is to play tennis with bone spurs you can talk.  Until then keep quiet, because you have no idea the horrors he never saw and the assaults he never endured while others rested in the lap of luxury in that cozy, meat grinding jungle.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

New report: Trump's Foreign Business Holdings Points to a Gobsmacking Level of Corruption

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a27752192/trump-foreign-business-panama-azerbaijan-corruption/

It's truly unbelievable how a man so far from the founder's ideals has become President.  

The electorate has no more of an idea about the Founding Father's than they do about the valence of molecules or noble gasses. They do have a history of watching hundreds of thousands of pandering advertisements and politicians telling them that they are wise and decent people who only need to follow their emotion of the moment to make critical decisions.

More of the electorate could name everybody in the Kardashian family and all of their boyfriends than have the slightest notion of Jefferson, Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, or the other Adams. I give them credit for Washington although they couldn't begin to describe his importance beyond being a general.

I don't know that much about the founders, but I can name them.

It seems many of us are currently reading about Lincoln. It's heartbreaking to do so in these times. When you get beyond the character sketch most of us carry around, he's an astonishing man. 

I should probably weep for my country, but I'm more moved to vomit.

43 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It boggles the mind that we allow this buffoon to embarrass our country at such hallowed anniversaries. And not one person on his side of the aisle has the chutzpah to call him out. Fucking joke the way he’s behaved at the 100th armistice anniversary and the 75th D-day remembrance. 

Well the only one who ever had the balls to stand up to him died. 

Trump: 1
McCain: 0

• Like 1

This video is amazing.  Out of all the insane bullshit that comes from Trump's orange hole, this might be the zaniest thing I've seen thus far.  Here he is literally gaslighting himself on television into believing that the United States makes tons of money with trade tariffs.  Is he ignorant enough to believe this?  Probably.  Is he brazen enough to leverage his entire argument against the GOP Congress on an orange-faced lie in hopes that sleeveless, knuckle-dragging dipshits will believe him over stark reality?  I guess.  Just dumb?  Just dishonest?  Just dishonestly bone-jarringly dumb?  I don't know.  He's a riddle, wrapped in a bronze sausage casing, draped over a Hardy Boys with down syndrome mystery, inside an ignoramus, or something. 

This is Trump openly challenging Republican Senators to try and stop him from self mutilation based on a complete lie because he polls strong with Republican voters.  Or is he really this daft?  How is he not forced to explain his total perspective that nobody else sees with this?  That's the only question he should be asked until he attempts to reveal his wisdom on this non truth.  If McConnell had tortoise testicles, he'd force Trump to enlighten him about this live on television.  "Teach us, Donald, because nobody else can grasp this concept.  Please share."  We are living in a Joseph Heller novel. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chooky said:

This video is amazing.  Out of all the insane bullshit that comes from Trump's orange hole, this might be the zaniest thing I've seen thus far.  Here he is literally gaslighting himself on television into believing that the United States makes tons of money with trade tariffs.  Is he ignorant enough to believe this?  Probably.  Is he brazen enough to leverage his entire argument against the GOP Congress on an orange-faced lie in hopes that sleeveless, knuckle-dragging dipshits will believe him over stark reality?  I guess.   

It's like Hugo said yesterday. Everything is just a troll. What can we do on today's TV show that's more outlandish than yesterday? It's like he's just killing time, and he tries to find stuff to do. Nobody ever stops him from throwing shit on the wall, so let's do it some more.

Edited by retread

40 minutes ago, Chooky said:

This is Trump openly challenging Republican Senators to try and stop him from self mutilation based on a complete lie because he polls strong with Republican voters.

1 -- that's exactly what he's doing.

2 -- it will work.

What folks need to accept is that there is only one GOP value now: Trump.  Whatever Trump does, says, or thinks -- that is the GOP's belief system.  And going against that belief system (that is, opposing Trump in any way) will be punished by GOP voters that every one of those spineless, selfish cowards in Congress needs to keep in order to be re-elected.  That's why senators like Cornyn, if given a choice between a) destroy the Texas economy, or b) oppose Trump, will choose a).  Because he won't be punished for a).  He will be punished for b), because b) is all that matters.

There is no "political party" known as the GOP anymore.  There's simply a plain old cult of personality using that brand.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, retread said:

It's like Hugo said yesterday. Everything is just a troll. What can we do on today's TV show that's more outlandish than yesterday? It's like he's just killing time, and he tries to find stuff to do. Nobody ever stops him from throwing shit on the wall, so let's do it some more.

A troll is intentional.  Trump just resembles a troll because his mental illness and stupidity elicit the same reaction in his targets.   But there's zero self-awareness as to what he is doing.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

My time in the rust belt has been thankfully limited, but driving through parts of Ohio are just beyond depressing. Just nothing positive going on, at all. 

The first time I ever witnessed a lock-out was in Canton, Ohio. I saw these hobos sitting in a cardboard shanty out in front of a manufacturing plant playing cards in dreary weather.  As we passed by I made a comment about the hobos playing cards and a local corrected me and explained they were workers in a lock-out.

I knew what a lock-out was but never really processed it until I saw these guys sitting outside under a makeshift cardboard shelter in chilly drizzling rain in front of a plant where the chain fence was locked. That isn't something you ever see here in Texas. My expression was basically an Owen Wilson wtf face.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

This video is amazing.  Out of all the insane bullshit that comes from Trump's orange hole, this might be the zaniest thing I've seen thus far.  Here he is literally gaslighting himself on television into believing that the United States makes tons of money with trade tariffs.  Is he ignorant enough to believe this?  Probably.  Is he brazen enough to leverage his entire argument against the GOP Congress on an orange-faced lie in hopes that sleeveless, knuckle-dragging dipshits will believe him over stark reality?  I guess.  Just dumb?  Just dishonest?  Just dishonestly bone-jarringly dumb?  I don't know.  He's a riddle, wrapped in a bronze sausage casing, draped over a Hardy Boys with down syndrome mystery, inside an ignoramus, or something. 

This is Trump openly challenging Republican Senators to try and stop him from self mutilation based on a complete lie because he polls strong with Republican voters.  Or is he really this daft?  How is he not forced to explain his total perspective that nobody else sees with this?  That's the only question he should be asked until he attempts to reveal his wisdom on this non truth.  If McConnell had tortoise testicles, he'd force Trump to enlighten him about this live on television.  "Teach us, Donald, because nobody else can grasp this concept.  Please share."  We are living in a Joseph Heller novel. 

I think this is where you say "Every accusation is a confession"

Over $100M taxpayer dollars spent on Trump playing at his golf courses in under 3 years, and now this ? :

Irish funeral firm rents out four limousines to Trump for $1m

"They are, by all accounts, wheels to die for. JP Ward & Sons, an Irish funeral services home, rents out its fleet of Mercedes E-Class limousines not just to mourners but to anyone who wants to travel in style.

A killer price tag has not deterred the latest customer: the White House. It is so keen to use the vehicles for Donald Trump’s two-day visit to Ireland that it is spending nearly $1m (£788,000) of US taxpayers’ money to rent them.

The Trump administration paid the family-owned firm based in Bray, County Wicklow, $935,033 in four tranches, according to USASpending.gov, an official portal that records federal government spending.

The state department did not immediately respond to a request for confirmation that the outlay was to rent four vehicles, which would work out at $233,748 per vehicle.

cont."

- a perfect setting  for the 'ol Whirlpool to kick the real difference back to...someone.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

2 -- it will work.

What folks need to accept is that there is only one GOP value now: Trump.  Whatever Trump does, says, or thinks -- that is the GOP's belief system.  And going against that belief system (that is, opposing Trump in any way) will be punished by GOP voters that every one of those spineless, selfish cowards in Congress needs to keep in order to be re-elected.  That's why senators like Cornyn, if given a choice between a) destroy the Texas economy, or b) oppose Trump, will choose a).  Because he won't be punished for a).  He will be punished for b), because b) is all that matters.

There is no "political party" known as the GOP anymore.  There's simply a plain old cult of personality using that brand.

Trumpkins are like the unathletic dork on the playground. No one wants them on the team but without them you don't have enough players, so you end up not just asking them to play, but also to have more input than they should on the rules of the game. Because if they decide to take the ball and go home, R's will be out of power for a generation. 

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

2 -- it will work.

I agree, but the ire shifts to the press if they can't frame this gibberish and force him to explain how this is a position of strength.  The easiest tactic to hold him to this would be flattery.  "You're clearly the only one with the clarity to comprehend how setting tariffs on Mexico, in spite of it harming an almost infinite amount of business and jobs, is a wise move.  It seems that everyone within your own party lacks the same vision as you.  Can you explain to everyone not as coherent on this how tearing Congress away from consent on foreign trade while a newly structured trade agreement hangs in the balance while we destroy massive chunks of industry so we can self impose a tax?  How is it that you're the only one who can see the goal line here?"

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

$116,000 per day to rent a car? Wtf?

Would you care to lay odds on how likely it is that some of that money will find its way into the pockets of someone named Trump, after going through a few shell transactions etc., of course?

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Would you care to lay odds on how likely it is that some of that money will find its way into the pockets of someone named Trump, after going through a few shell transactions etc., of course?

And there exists in this country a political party that does not care one bit.

Sad!

I mean yeah, obviously. It’s just such a ridiculous number it’s hard to fathom. Why bother. “We also stopped for lunch on the way. It was $46 million dollars.”

Disregarding the graft, imagine the actual cost of purchasing those 4 vehicles and then reselling them a few days later.  A Mercedes E-Class is $108K maxed out from the factory.  Let's throw in another $40K for custom upgrades -- call it $150K per vehicle.  Even with the tired canard "you lose 30% driving off the lot", our government could have purchased $600K worth of luxury limousines, used them for 3 days, and resold them for $420K, at a net cost of $180K to the American taxpayer, not account for gas (ahem).

So, we have some understanding of the kickback to Trump.  POTUS, the businessman.  Just looking out for the little guy.

This should be THE story going forward (until the next one shows up).  There isn't a person in America who can't understand that it makes no fucking sense whatsoever to rent something for 3 days when it could have been purchased outright at a price 40% lower than the rental fee.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“But it makes liberals mad, so we win.”

-Republicans 

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Probably through Trump's Ireland golf club.

Looky! Here comes another caravan!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Although it’s of course blatant graft,  a part of me wants to believe Donald is so obsessed with fancying himself a deal maker that he loves personally going to car lots and haggling with dealers, and he did this himself thinking it was a good deal.  Then I picture him buying a fleet of $500,000 Cadillacs, his old ass TWA 747 costing him more than an F-22 Raptor, etc.

I think he believes that as long as he wraps himself in a flag and gets contentious against a different country, no matter how detrimental to us all, his followers will view him as Rocky Balboa in USA kick pants going toe to toe with Drago.  And he's right to believe that.  Damn.  I changed my mind.  Dude is brilliant. 

49 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Over $100M taxpayer dollars spent on Trump playing at his golf courses in under 3 years

Do we have confirmation of that figure? All I saw was an unsourced tweet from someone I don't know. It sounds believable. But I can't go repeating it without more evidence to support it. 

I do remeber that Fox News expressed outrage that Obama's total travel bill for both vacation and political travel, over the course of eight years, would total to about that same amount. 

https://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/30/barack-obama-vacation-travel-costs-eight-year-term-96-million

I also remember when they spent days expressing outrage over the false claim that Obama's trip to India was costing taxpayers $200 Million per day. That's something that should probably go in the Fox News thread as an example of the sort of blatant, bald faced lies you only find on Fox. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do we have confirmation of that figure? All I saw was an unsourced tweet from someone I don't know. It sounds believable. But I can't go repeating it without more evidence to support it. 

I do remeber that Fox News expressed outrage that Obama's total travel bill for both vacation and political travel, over the course of eight years, would total to about that same amount. 

https://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/30/barack-obama-vacation-travel-costs-eight-year-term-96-million

I also remember when they spent days expressing outrage over the false claim that Obama's trip to India was costing taxpayers $200 Million per day. That's something that should probably go in the Fox News thread as an example of the sort of blatant, bald faced lies you only find on Fox. 

https://m.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/The-bill-to-American-taxpayers-for-Trump-golf-13877055.php

Edit:  looks like the source analysis is from here:  https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ce46727e4b09b23e65a01bb

Edited by Mojo Hand

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Off topic, but I'd pay to watch Trump pay with a card at a pump and then pump gas.

"Credit or Debbie?  Who the fuck is Debbie.  Oh, debit.  What the fuck does that mean?  Of course credit.  Always credit.  Four digit what?  Goddamnit.  It wants a zip code?  The fuck?  Goddamnit, Eric!  Stop smelling your fingers and get the fuck out of the way so I can put the gas gun thing in the gas hole deal.  Asshole.  How do we know when it's full?  Shit is gonna spray everywhere.  Eric, stop rubbing your knuckles on your ridiculous gum to tooth ratio and smear that blue water shit on the glass part.  On the glass.  Take the window stick, or whatever, dip it in the blue shit and rub the window thing.  No, it's not a urinal!  Fucking idiot.  Is it a urinal?  Stop rubbing it on the window! Fucking blue piss.  Just get back in the car.  Idiot.  43 bucks?  Yeah, get the receipt.  I'm gonna sue these pricks.  Blue piss on the window.  They owe me 43 bucks. Fuck you, Debbie."   

This is beautiful.

I will reference this everytime I need a laugh. 

I agree, but the ire shifts to the press if they can't frame this gibberish and force him to explain how this is a position of strength.  The easiest tactic to hold him to this would be flattery.  "You're clearly the only one with the clarity to comprehend how setting tariffs on Mexico, in spite of it harming an almost infinite amount of business and jobs, is a wise move.  It seems that everyone within your own party lacks the same vision as you.  Can you explain to everyone not as coherent on this how tearing Congress away from consent on foreign trade while a newly structured trade agreement hangs in the balance while we destroy massive chunks of industry so we can self impose a tax?  How is it that you're the only one who can see the goal line here?"

First that would need to be concise to even get delivered.
Second it wouldn’t work.
Trump is a lot like my ex wife, deluded, greedy and narcissistic. Catch them in a lie, they will always deny it- always no matter how trivial. They can tell three contradictory sides to the same point shamelessly. It’s maddening to engage in. Vague language, cliches and big talk are the empty currency he deals in.

My beef with the press is they treat him like a normal president. He’s not. Dispense with the pleasantries and hammer the lies with truth on every point. “That’s not true Mr President, only x$ have gone to Puerto Rico.” “Tariffs are tax on Americans”
Stop giving him so much oxygen.
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Wow.  If you don't bring it back when you are supposed to, those late fees are killer.

They probably pre-paid for fuel too.

Dammit, late to the parade with this...

Edited by Native Horn
reading is hard

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

First that would need to be concise to even get delivered.

That's not my strong point.  The librul meedya needs to enhance this tariffs rift between Trump and the senators.  Just force him to explain how they're too stupid to see what he sees.

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

You know that scene in the Office where Packer dropped a deuce in Michael's office? Now think of the work needed to get the smell of Trump out of a car. 

It smells like...

Aqua Net and Big Macs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

He's not smart enough to think this stuff up.  But I didn't know who.  I looked it up.  Just like he has Stephen Miller on immigration, he's got Peter Navarro on trade and policy.  Considering how much more tariffs are going to fuck us up, It's pretty amazing how under the radar this fool has been compared to Miller.  Plus, from his record of publications, it's not like he isn't out there drumming up attention.  Here's part of the Wiki intro on him:

Navarro's views are significantly outside the mainstream of economic thought, and he is generally considered a heterodox economist.[4][5][6] A strong proponent of reducing U.S. trade deficits, Navarro is well known as a critic of Germany and China and has accused both nations of currency manipulation.[7] His views on trade are widely considered fringe and misguided by other economists.[8][9]

He has called for increasing the size of the American manufacturing sector, setting high tariffs, and repatriating global supply chains. He is also a strong opponent of the North American Free Trade Agreement and Trans-Pacific Partnership. With U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, Navarro developed an infrastructure development plan for the candidacy and presidency of Donald Trump.[10][11]

Here's his mug:

800px-Peter_Navarro_official_photo.jpg

56 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Wow.  If you don't bring it back when you are supposed to, those late fees are killer.

Costs a lot to get that urine odor out of the upholstery and carpets.

Edited by pyrohornIII

55 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

all I got:  the Link

"Donald Trump’s golf habit has already cost taxpayers at least $102 million in extra travel and security expenses, and next month will achieve a new milestone: a seven-figure presidential visit to another country so he can play at his own course.

U.S. taxpayers have spent $81 million for the president’s two dozen trips to Florida, according to a HuffPost analysis. They spent $17 million for his 15 trips to New Jersey, another $1 million so he could visit his resort in Los Angeles and at least $3 million for his two days in Scotland last summer ― $1.3 million of which went just for rental cars for the massive entourage that accompanies a president abroad.

[...]

The White House did not respond to numerous queries regarding this story. North Carolina Republican congressman Mark Meadows, a close Trump ally, dismissed the $102 million figure as insignificant.

“There’s a lot more important things to worry about than the rounding errors that we sometimes have on these things,” he said Tuesday."

Rounding Errors !