Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree with this sentiment. I’ve been all over this country. And while Florida is the white trashiest, the south is the poorest, the southwest is the friendliest but totally poor outside the cites, etc.. the most depressing region I’ve ever been to is the rust belt Midwest.

Its like a visiting bombed out Dresden except it wasn’t bombed, just had all the money taken out from it. Its a symbol of the American dream that used to value the middle class but now pisses all over it. I’d rather spend my time In Mississippi where they never gave a shit about that and accepted the rich and poor as it was. The rust belt is just depressing given the comparison to what it is versus what is was. 

My time in the rust belt has been thankfully limited, but driving through parts of Ohio are just beyond depressing. Just nothing positive going on, at all. 

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

My time in the rust belt has been thankfully limited, but driving through parts of Ohio are just beyond depressing. Just nothing positive going on, at all. 

So have I but think parts of Michigan are worse. And I’m not talking about inner city Detroit. Suburbs of Detroit that have deteriorated to the point where its just, well, who gives a fuck. 

Those jobs all left to Mexico, thanks to not only the republicans, but the dems as well thanks to nafta and the Clintons as well. Not that hard to see why Hillary lost there. Hate to say it but Michael Moore was totally right about what could happen and did happen in 2016. Trump, manafort and the russians were not as dumb as we all thought they were. 

20 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So have I but think parts of Michigan are worse. And I’m not talking about inner city Detroit. Suburbs of Detroit that have deteriorated to the point where its just, well, who gives a fuck. 

Those jobs all left to Mexico, thanks to not only the republicans, but the dems as well thanks to nafta and the Clintons as well. Not that hard to see why Hillary lost there. Hate to say it but Michael Moore was totally right about what could happen and did happen in 2016. Trump, manafort and the russians were not as dumb as we all thought they were. 

Moore was right about several things in 2016, but he knew the landscape better than most. I have never set foot in Michigan. My Oma lived there for a few years in Escanaba (Believe that is right from what little I know) when she came over in the 60's with her only son and abusive pos Anerican soldier husband. 

The Midwest is kind of a wasteland in many parts of it. While I would never live there many people do and I kind of feel for them and the false hope they have been given, especially by Dotard. I wish I knew what could specifically be done to this reenergize that part of the country economically.

Edited by UpperWestside

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

ronna says we should bow and scrape to trump on the 75th anniversary of d-day

She can fuck right off as well as any other dickheads that want to act like the anniversary of D-Day should have a goddamned thing to do with that draft dodging bitch.  

• Like 2

that’s pretty one-sided, we should recognize what he has done as well.

Muslim ban: deal

dismantling the TPP because, Obama: deal

corporate stock buybacks “disguised” as middle class tax cuts: deal

Supreme Court Rapist: deal

obstructing justice no less than 10, incredibly detailed times: deal

eliminating tax-payer funded soccer balls for immigrant children: DEAL, DEAL, DEAL!

• Like 2

Apparently, the “D” in D-Day stands for “Donald Trump,” at least according to Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.

The GOP chair appeared on Fox Business on Wednesday to basically moan about the way the media has covered the president’s trip to Europe.

She then suggested that Trump should be a main focus of the 75th-anniversary commemoration of D-Day. 

“We are celebrating the anniversary, 75 years of D-Day,” McDaniel said. “This is the time where we should be celebrating our president, the great achievements of America, and I don’t think the American people like the constant negativity.” 

https://news.yahoo.com/d-day-celebrate-trump-ronna-mcdaniel-194821270.html

Edited by tx 3 putt

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How can you cancel their legal aid ?

A significant portion of legal aid funds comes from the federal government. It wouldn't be hard to attach strings to that funding.

11 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

And cancel soccer? Like are they just taking their balls away or something?

Yes. Soccer balls that were donated. 

https://elpasoheraldpost.com/state-senator-jose-rodriguez-is-coordinating-gifts-for-good-for-children-at-tornillo-camp/

32 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump's telling stories he didn't know a week ago and won't remember tomorrow. 

Sure they rode some boats and ran around a beautiful beach. But let me tell you it was nothing like what I faced in Studio 54. 

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree with this sentiment. I’ve been all over this country. And while Florida is the white trashiest, the south is the poorest, the southwest is the friendliest but totally poor outside the cites, etc.. the most depressing region I’ve ever been to is the rust belt Midwest.

Its like a visiting bombed out Dresden except it wasn’t bombed, just had all the money taken out from it. Its a symbol of the American dream that used to value the middle class but now pisses all over it. I’d rather spend my time In Mississippi where they never gave a shit about that and accepted the rich and poor as it was. The rust belt is just depressing given the comparison to what it is versus what is was. 

I had a PT internship in South Bend and took the train a few times between there and Chicago. The train would pass through various towns including Gary, IN. I was shocked as we passed through some of these rust belt towns. It was so fucking depressing and basically looked like shanty towns. First time I had been through the rust belt, i never want to go back. 

If Cornyn does nothing about this, he’s going to have some well-funded competition.  The mouth breathers may still show up and vote for him, but plenty of businesses and rich folks are going to make his race difficult and expensive for him.  Trump has no clue about the pain he is about to inflict on Texas businesses.   

Lol. Nope. If they were going to vote R at this point, they'll find a way to rationalize. Party over everything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I've told this story before, but Christmas of 2014 I was with some big money Dallas Republicans who had supported Dan Branch for the AG nomination and were all genuinely disturbed that the crook Ken Paxton was going to be Attorney General. I said "wait fellas, are you saying you supported [Democrat nominee] Sam Houston?". They all look at their shoes and then one guy says, "no, but I only gave Ken Paxton $100."

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Lol. Nope. If they were going to vote R at this point, they'll find a way to rationalize. Party over everything.

They aren’t trying to appeal to the mouth-breathers who will pull a lever marked “R” even if it was labeled “by voting “R”, you are giving us the right to take away your job, your home, your family, and your life!”

Cornyn and Cruz are trying to appeal to the businesses and folks who actually give a shit if Donnie tries to hurt the Texas economy.  

Cornyn and Cruz wouldn’t be risking Dotard and his followers’ wrath by speaking out against Donnie unless their offices were catching flak from said businesses and folks.  Especially Cornyn of all people - the race could tighten up a lot more than he’d prefer based on Donnie fucking around with tariffs and/or Trumpkins getting pissed that Cornyn dare speak out against their orange god.  

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And none, I assume, are good people. 

My starter wife was from Ohio.  She's good people.  She escaped.  Her father and mother along with her 3 sisters are barely-latent racists (and sometimes slip up and speak in outright racist language).  "Good" Catholics, great schools -- Notre Dame, Miami of Ohio, Ohio State (cough) -- but the racist shit is always there just under the surface.  One of them married a good guy who I remain friends with, and I honestly don't know how he bites his tongue after all these years.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My starter wife was from Ohio.  She's good people.  She escaped.  Her father and mother along with her 3 sisters are barely-latent racists (and sometimes slip up and speak in outright racist language).  "Good" Catholics, great schools -- Notre Dame, Miami of Ohio, Ohio State (cough) -- but the racist shit is always there just under the surface.  One of them married a good guy who I remain friends with, and I honestly don't know how he bites his tongue after all these years.

She probably puts out.