Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He has no idea what Brexit is.  

to wit, during the flight over the pond an advisor had a presentation full of pictures to try and explain key issues he would need to address on his trip abroad, but he just watched FoxNews on loop instead.

"He's doing a great job!"

- @Johnny Sack

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah no shit. It would be like if we hired Rosie O’Donnell to coach Texas football. “Rosie appears to always have trouble discussing the finer points of football x’s and o’s.... almost as if she’s not a real football coach.”

Let's be honest . . . Rosie O'Donnell is far more qualified to coach UT football than Donald J. Trump is qualified to be POTUS.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Next time you fellas need to send a dick pic, get creative and send this to spice things up.

8c50731c25a0136834219e911c756347.jpg

And all those slimy mofos got fit issues. Jared’s fucking cuffs....I can’t.

I don't claim to be the most fashionable but they all look like they were informed of the required attire about an hour before this photo and had to go off the rack without adjustments.  But to be honest, most men look bad in white tie since it's so rarely required. Even if the fit is perfect, its looks odd.

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't claim to be the most fashionable but they all look like they were informed of the required attire about an hour before this photo and had to go off the rack without adjustments.  But to be honest, most men look bad in white tie since it's so rarely required. Even if the fit is perfect, its looks odd.

No, this has to be intentional.  I can only assume it was meant to make Trump look tall and in shape, and in some pictures it works.  Take this photo.  Of course, the Queen is pretty short herself at 5'4", but just looking at Trump, he looks tall (exaggerated by the long white vest/short jacket, as if "Hey, I got the same jacket as everyone else, but it just doesn't extend as far down on me.") and he looks pretty in shape because the sides of the black jacket against the long white vest give an illusion of a trim waistline.  It can't fix the baby hands, though, which barely extend out of the sleeve cuffs.507a54a6-29b6-41bb-a1f1-2b58dc1ae6aa-AFP

But the illusion gets busted and starts to look ridiculous when you have a more reasonable point of comparison, like in the photo you posted here.  Given where Trump is standing, he's the shortest in the room, so your eye then processes the jacket differently - he can't be taller, the vests appear to be the same length (if anything, Trump's is shorter), and you can compare the jackets, which for Trump is ridiculously short... like kid-sized.  Or, like the hands again, maybe even baby-sized.:

And then you get this angle, where the shorter jacket doesn't block your eye from seeing the whole vest, so you can see just how fat this dude really is.  So much so, that you wonder if he "sucks it in" on these other pictures...  Again though - WTF with the long cuffs?  It just emphasizes the baby hands.

AP_19154724180920.jpg

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Across the pond, making a fool of himself and the country.

LOL..... I'm wondering if Trump's loss of cognitive functions have started to affect his ability to read.  

Who writes this stuff that he reads? Does he need glasses?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/politics/cnn-poll-trump-prediction-economy-issues/index.html

Washington (CNN)A majority of Americans say they think Donald Trump is going to win a second term, according to a CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, even as the President's reviews on issues other than the economy remain largely negative.

The new poll finds 54% say their best guess is that Trump will win the 2020 election, 41% feel he will lose. Americans are slightly more apt to say Trump will win now than they were to say Barack Obama would win a second term in May 2011, in a survey conducted just after the death of Osama bin Laden (50% thought Obama would win in that poll). The new numbers on Trump are a reversal from December, when a narrow majority of 51% said they thought Trump would lose his bid for re-election.
The shift over that time comes mostly among those who disapprove of Trump's handling of the presidency. In December, 81% in that group said they thought the President would lose, and now, that's fallen to 67%. At the same time, the share who approve of the President and think he will win has held mostly steady (88% now vs. 85% in December).

The dislike those disapprovers hold for Trump is palpable in the poll. Asked to explain in their own words why they disapprove of Trump, Trump's behavior is a central reason. The most frequently cited responses are lying (13%), racism (11%), incompetence (11%) and not acting presidential (7%). Immigration, named by 7%, is the only specific issue that merits mention by 5% or more.
Those who approve of the way Trump is handling his job as President instead focus on his accomplishments and on issues. About a quarter (26%) cite the economy as the main reason they back him, 12% say it's because he has kept his promises, 9% say that he's getting things done or accomplishing more than other presidents, 8% mention improved unemployment ratings and 5% point to his policies on the border.
The economy remains the bright spot of Trump's presidency in public opinion. Overall, 7 in 10 say the economy is in good shape, about the same as in March, and 52% say they approve of Trump's handling of the economy, down 4 points since April. This poll marks a new high point in the Trump presidency for the share who feel the economy is in "very good" shape, 28% say so, and though that's not significantly larger than the 26% who felt that way in March, it is the best mark since 2000.
Trump's second-best approval rating in the poll comes on an economy-connected measure: helping the middle class. On that score, 44% approve of the President, 49% disapprove. While still negative, that's an improvement compared with the last time CNN surveyed on this question in August of the first year of his presidency, when 39% approved.
Foreign trade earns the President fewer accolades, with 41% saying they approve while 47% disapprove. The poll was in the field when the President threatened new tariffs on imports from Mexico in response to illegal border crossings from that country. While those figures are not significantly different from the President's approval ratings on this topic in December, his approval rating on foreign trade has grown 9 points over that time among a core constituency: Whites who do not have college degrees.

On immigration, Americans also give the President a 41% approval rating, with a higher disapproval rating (54%) than he earns for his trade policies.
Turning to foreign policy, the President's reviews are also largely negative. On his handling of North Korea, Americans' opinions have shifted from positive (48% approve to 40% disapprove) to negative (41% approve and 45% disapprove) over the last year. Disapproval outweighs approval for his handling of the situation with Iran, 43% to 32%. And more disapprove (48%) than approve (42%) of his handling of the role of commander-in-chief.
Still, Americans' perceptions of the threat posed by Iran and North Korea has declined over the last year. In a May 2018 poll, 47% said they considered North Korea a "very serious threat to the United States," now, just 34% feel the same way, the lowest number in CNN polls since 2015. The same 2018 poll found 40% viewed Iran as a very serious threat. That has fallen to 28% in the new poll, the smallest share to say so in CNN polling back to 2000.

In both cases, the declines come chiefly among Republicans. Last May, 50% of Republicans considered North Korea a very serious threat, now just 30% say the same. There have been smaller declines over the same time among independents (down 13 points) and Democrats (down 6 points). Likewise, the share calling Iran a very serious threat has fallen 23 points among Republicans, 3 points among independents and 13 among Democrats.
The share of Republicans who consider Russia a very serious threat has also dipped in the last year, from 28% in 2018 to 20% now. Among independents, it's dipped 5 points, and nearly half of Democrats consider Russia a deeply serious threat (48%), about the same as the 46% who said so last year.
The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS May 28 through 31 among a random national sample of 1,006 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer. Results for the full sample have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points. It is larger for subgroups.

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

ronna says we should bow and scrape to trump on the 75th anniversary of d-day

Cadet Bonespurs isn't worthy of being given the task of hauling off the soiled Depends of a single D-Day veteran.  Their shit is too good for him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If Cornyn does nothing about this, he’s going to have some well-funded competition.  The mouth breathers may still show up and vote for him, but plenty of businesses and rich folks are going to make his race difficult and expensive for him.  Trump has no clue about the pain he is about to inflict on Texas businesses.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sachick said:

We're at the point where we are taking balls away from children.

Let’s not talk about this publicly, because if Stephen Miller gets it in his head he can take their balls, he might find out that most of the boys aren’t circumcised, and well......

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Cornyn does nothing about this, he’s going to have some well-funded competition.  The mouth breathers may still show up and vote for him, but plenty of businesses and rich folks are going to make his race difficult and expensive for him.  Trump has no clue about the pain he is about to inflict on Texas businesses.   

I've told this story before, but Christmas of 2014 I was with some big money Dallas Republicans who had supported Dan Branch for the AG nomination and were all genuinely disturbed that the crook Ken Paxton was going to be Attorney General. I said "wait fellas, are you saying you supported [Democrat nominee] Sam Houston?". They all look at their shoes and then one guy says, "no, but I only gave Ken Paxton $100."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

George Will called tariffs the "least conservative policy you can imagine.  This is the government telling Americans what goods they can buy and at what prices." 

16 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Next time you fellas need to send a dick pic, get creative and send this to spice things up.

And all those slimy mofos got fit issues. Jared’s fucking cuffs....I can’t.

Eric is 6’ 4”

Jared is 6’ 3”

Don Jr is 6’ 1”

DOTARD is the shortest in the room.

23 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Fox News doesn’t like constant negativity? Haha

It's incredibly rude and unpatriotic to speak negatively about the President.

Spoiler

Unless he's a Democrat

12 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Virtually every political post I've seen of yours is a defense, minimization, or devil's advocate of any and all right, and like it or not, Trumpublicanism is mainstream conservatism, or critical of anything left. I've said it before and say again- what you object to first, most frequently, and most fervently, before being prompted, combined with what you're silent on, says more than your actual words do.

If you don't support Trump, my apologies, but what I said still holds true.

I have conservative views doesn't mean I agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. Do you agree with everything that Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden says? Not everyone who is Republican or conservative is lock step with Trump. I already said I'd probably vote Yang since he's not an idiot. 

Also thanks for the apology. 

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I have conservative views doesn't mean I agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. Do you agree with everything that Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden says? Not everyone who is Republican or conservative is lock step with Trump. I already said I'd probably vote Yang since he's not an idiot. 

Also thanks for the apology. 

Can you show us an example of you disagreeing with him?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, F250 said:

I agree that the Deep South is reliably stupid. SEC SEC SEC!

I disagree that the swing vote in the B1G states had anything to do with not wanting to vote for an emotional woman. HRC was fairly quiet on the class debate while Trump pounded the shit out of it with his populism. I've spent time in both Alabama and the Rust Belt for work and while both areas feel poor, the Rust Belt is depressing on a scale I didn't think was possible in the United States. Just complete hopelessness.

Democrats must remember the mistakes from the HRC campaign and not forget the importance of the class debate.

I agree with this sentiment. I’ve been all over this country. And while Florida is the white trashiest, the south is the poorest, the southwest is the friendliest but totally poor outside the cites, etc.. the most depressing region I’ve ever been to is the rust belt Midwest.

Its like a visiting bombed out Dresden except it wasn’t bombed, just had all the money taken out from it. Its a symbol of the American dream that used to value the middle class but now pisses all over it. I’d rather spend my time In Mississippi where they never gave a shit about that and accepted the rich and poor as it was. The rust belt is just depressing given the comparison to what it is versus what is was.