Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

No, it's in response to a House subpoena.  Recall that Mueller farmed out around a dozen investigations that spun off from his work.  Assuming Bill Barr hasn't choked all of them out, those investigations are still going.  Re DB, we're seeing similar behavior that we see with other Mueller witnesses: they cooperated with Mueller's subpoenas but are blowing off Congressional ones despite the fact they already spoke to Mueller about the same stuff.  The big difference is without an indictment, what witnesses told Mueller doesn't just go public.  With Congress, it more quickly enters the public realm and without the need for charged criminality for it to be known.

Ok, thanks. I'm speculating that Trump et al will drag this out through the election.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ok, thanks. I'm speculating that Trump et al will drag this out through the election.

The drag out - the lying, obstruction, and obfuscation - is unending until he's put behind bars or dies.  What is happening right now with the courts relates directly to stonewalling House investigations into Trump financials.  If this nut gets cracked via the courts, then impeachment just got some sharp teeth, and Trump won't really be able to control the timing of it.  Keep in mind that these financials, via Trump Org, also envelope DonJr, Eric, and Ivanka.  Kushner is right there in parallel with debt problems and DB loans. 

4 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Wait, so he was explicitly financially backed by,and indepted to Russians. How was then not in Muelleer's report? 

Are these loans still outstanding? Holy shit. If true, what more do you need? And as I've said repeatedly, every single person who has stood by him is a traitor and should be banished from public life.

Dude, they have Hope Hicks dead to rights lying like a motherfucker. They gave her a month to "adjust her testimony." A fucking month! She said to get fucked. What's going to happen? Nothing. 

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The drag out - the lying, obstruction, and obfuscation - is unending until he's put behind bars or dies.  What is happening right now with the courts relates directly to stonewalling House investigations into Trump financials.  If this nut gets cracked via the courts, then impeachment just got some sharp teeth, and Trump won't really be able to control the timing of it.  Keep in mind that these financials, via Trump Org, also envelope DonJr, Eric, and Ivanka.  Kushner is right there in parallel with debt problems and DB loans. 

Also consider how farmed out Mueller investigations into Trump/Deutsche Bank could play off Congressional investigation into Trump/DB.  Suppose Mueller-linked feds have Trump Org (Trump family) dead to rights on various corrupt practices, but can't indict Trump.  They could, however still go after his kids.  Alternatively, it's Congress that is going after Trump.  Imagine now if Congress publicly takes Trump's financial compromise straight to the Kremlin.  Big trouble obviously.  Then the feds indict his kids.  Not only are pardons impossible for his kids with their dad simultaneously implicated, Trump wouldn't survive. 

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I see. Makes sense. Kushner seems like the kind of a guy you want to get backed up against the wall with the threat of some nasty Albanian blood feud retribution.

If our country makes it out of this mess whole, I will be amazed.

34 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Also consider how farmed out Mueller investigations into Trump/Deutsche Bank could play off Congressional investigation into Trump/DB.  Suppose Mueller-linked feds have Trump Org (Trump family) dead to rights on various corrupt practices, but can't indict Trump.  They could, however still go after his kids.  Alternatively, it's Congress that is going after Trump.  Imagine now if Congress publicly takes Trump's financial compromise straight to the Kremlin.  Big trouble obviously.  Then the feds indict his kids.  Not only are pardons impossible for his kids with their dad simultaneously implicated, Trump wouldn't survive. 

Now consider that none of this might happen and there is no rule of law and nothing matters.

• Like 1

Really hope triple is right, but after 2.5 years, we've all seen this movie before. Aunt Nancy hemming and hawing about impeachment, Barr dissembling, WH blatantly ignoring subpoenas, etc. I will be surprised if he's charged even after leaving office, if he ever does.

Edited by retread
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Ah, new WH press secretary Stephanie Grisham.  She has two DUIs and has lost jobs because of plagiarism and lying on expense reports.  The best people.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/nyt-trumps-new-press-secretary-has-two-dui-arrests-and-lost-two-jobs-for-cheating-on-expenses-and-plagiarism/

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yep. And apparently Fox News must not be defending him since he called them out. Thus, the need for a new network to carry his water. 

It's the network Trump himself will launch after he gets run out of D.C. in 2020. If you thought Fox News was dangerous, wait until you see this bullshit. 

• Like 2

Trump has been hashtagging OANN for quite awhile now so he would probably like it if more of his supporters would watch it. I don't think it has the market reach that Fox does (for good reason) so maybe this is his shoutout for Fox to get back in line. I'm sure they will.

Regarding the Deutsche Bank topic further: have any of you read the book by David Cay Johnston (The Making of Trump)? Or his more recent book? I haven't looked at the reviews but I'm wondering if my library has a copy as I may read it if anyone has any recs.

24 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's the network Trump himself will launch after he gets run out of D.C. in 2020. If you thought Fox News was dangerous, wait until you see this bullshit. 

The network he wanted to launch until he accidentally became president. He may put Fox out of business. He’ll take Hannity and Tucker and Levin and Ingraham. Hire Judge Judy. That’s gonna be a scary place. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

okay, okay, okay. fox isn't working for us anymore is an amazing admission. i mean, we thought he thought that all along, but he's basically acknowledging that he thought of a public company as an arm of his administration.

fucking incredible. 

The 'team' aspect has been discussed before, but the first phrase "I don't want to Win for myself...' of the second tweet above is so Furher-like it's beyond scary. This collective 'We,' as many of you have mentioned before can be inspired to do all sorts of acts prior to the election and while right now it has backed off from the 'invaders' and has turned back to the media is not exactly any less alarming.

One of his schticks has been to poke fun at 'Sleepy Joe' and 'Pocahantas' which is an effective strategy for him. But if he sees that they are gaining more and more supporters (besides his base that doesn't move), he is going to call on this, 'We.'

2 hours ago, retread said:

Really hope triple is right, but after 2.5 years, we've all seen this movie before. Aunt Nancy hemming and hawing about impeachment, Barr dissembling, WH blatantly ignoring subpoenas, etc. I will be surprised if he's charged even after leaving office, if he ever does.

Agreed.  I believe that if Trump is somehow not in office beyond the 2020 election - which I seriously doubt - there will be absolutely no meaningful, negative consequences for Trump, or any of his criminal family members or administration beyond those folks who’ve already been dealt with via the Mueller investigation - other than people saying bad things about them on the internet, and maybe the press - for a few weeks anyway, before it just goes away.  

Crime, corruption, gross incompetence and treason all pay.*

*if you’re Republican.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Trump has been hashtagging OANN for quite awhile now so he would probably like it if more of his supporters would watch it. I don't think it has the market reach that Fox does (for good reason) so maybe this is his shoutout for Fox to get back in line. I'm sure they will.

Regarding the Deutsche Bank topic further: have any of you read the book by David Cay Johnston (The Making of Trump)? Or his more recent book? I haven't looked at the reviews but I'm wondering if my library has a copy as I may read it if anyone has any recs.

That guy is awesome.  I have not read his books, though.  His Youtube stuff is great.  Very solid numbers and tax guy.  (David Cay Johnston, not Trump)

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

okay, okay, okay. fox isn't working for us anymore is an amazing admission. i mean, we thought he thought that all along, but he's basically acknowledging that he thought of a public company as an arm of his administration.

fucking incredible. 

Many of us saw this coming. A basic fact about Trump is that he has no principles beyond his own self-interest and he attacks anyone who threatens that interest.  Republicans / “conservatives” who thought Trump was on their side are about to find out that the only ideology that protects you from an attack by Trump is “Trump Uber Alles.”  

His base won’t give a shit, because they are cultists. But hopefully Trump attacking the media voice of the far right (or what USED to be the far right) will shake some of those assholes awake.