Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Can you imagine how the telephone call between Erdogan and Trump went?

Trump:  Well,  my advisers say I shouldn't abandon the Kurds ..... 

Erdogan:  I remember when I attended the opening of Trump tower in Istanbul in 2012. It is a beautiful building. Be a shame if something happened to it.

Trump: I told my advisers to go to hell. I'll abandon whomever I want to abandon!

Trump tower makes up to a million dollars per year from Trump Towers Istanbul:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5678900/donald-trump-tower-istanbul-turkey-documents/

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

We damn sure need to limit or eliminate Executive Orders. 1 man can't make law for the country on a whim.

I’ll counter that they have a time and place. Sometimes shit needs to be done immediately. But they should have a very short shelf life. Like two weeks. Anytime one is issued, Congress either ratifies it or it’s voided.

We damn sure need to limit or eliminate Executive Orders. 1 man can't make law for the country on a whim.

I’ll counter that they have a time and place. Sometimes shit needs to be done immediately. But they should have a very short shelf life. Like two weeks. Anytime one is issued, Congress either ratifies it or it’s voided.

I don’t think Putin orchestrated the day to day encroachments. Rather, I think the interplay between Fox, the base, Trump, and the GOP was largely self sustaining. An idiot and his idiot cult.

Well everyone with a brain predicted this. Putin is not dumb, and he had an inside scoop. You think he just sat idly by while the most likely scenario played out? Or do you think he made sure the most likely scenario played out?

50 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Well everyone with a brain predicted this. Putin is not dumb, and he had an inside scoop. You think he just sat idly by while the most likely scenario played out? Or do you think he made sure the most likely scenario played out?

Yes, I think Putin largely sat idly by while the most likely scenario played out. To be honest, I suspect Putin's a master at this game, and that means he's largely hands off. The work has already been done, and the die has already been cast.

Let's just go ahead and presume that Trump is scared shitless of Putin, because frankly, well, he is. With that presumption in mind, and with the walls closing in around Turmp, we can expect that he's going to do everything he can with the time he has left to give Putin every possible advantage -- because he knows Putin is going to decide whether or not to kill him at the end of all this.

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

How do you suppose the dinner with the senior military leaders went tonight? Bet the meal was a little salty. (ok, that was bad). Seriously, though. Awkward but I guess those folks are used to it. Most of them have probably chewed their tongues down to a little nub.

I think most of them reminded themselves their oath is to the constitution and not this vacuous mass. 

Edited by InkaUtexas

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think most of them reminded themselves their oath is to the constitution and not this vacuous mass. 

It does say "enemies foreign or domestic." Pretty sure this double qualifies.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Yes, I think Putin largely sat idly by while the most likely scenario played out. To be honest, I suspect Putin's a master at this game, and that means he's largely hands off. The work has already been done, and the die has already been cast.

Let's just go ahead and presume that Trump is scared shitless of Putin, because frankly, well, he is. With that presumption in mind, and with the walls closing in around Turmp, we can expect that he's going to do everything he can with the time he has left to give Putin every possible advantage -- because he knows Putin is going to decide whether or not to kill him at the end of all this.

I don't know the timeline for it, but Putin has deployed troops north and east of Ukraine. After he finishes up his birthday cake, he may decide to just go all in.

The GOP let this happen.  They nominated this fucking lunatic.  They supported him.  They fucking DEFENDED him.  All while it was crystal fucking clear to anyone with half a brain and a shred of dignity that he is a traitor who is selling out our country.  
Do not forget that.  And do not forgive it.  

We need full on Nuremberg-style trials for everyone who enabled this treasonous piece of shit. I’m serious when I say that if key participants don’t hang, or at the very least see life in imprisonment, I very much worry for our future as a nation.

There must be consequences and they must be severe if the republic is to endure.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Even though he no doubt massively overstated his wealth, one million dollars per year is still a drop in the bucket for him.    And actually, it could be as little as 100,000 per year based on the disclosure.  Jared and Ivanka make $82 million a year.    

And if he just licenses his name to Trump Towers Istanbul without owning it, then he doesn’t have any lost investment or downside if it goes bad beyond losing the licensing income.

Selling out the Kurds for personal gain is deplorable no matter what the number is, but if this was all about $100,000 to $1,000,000 per year in royalties, then he’s even more of a monster.   That’s like the $1 bet in Trading Places.  It means nothing to him in the grand scheme of things.

Erdogan: “be a shame if somebody took the Trump name off of those towers in Istanbul.”

Trump:”but that’s my name up there!”

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Even though he no doubt massively overstated his wealth, one million dollars per year is still a drop in the bucket for him.    And actually, it could be as little as 100,000 per year based on the disclosure.  Jared and Ivanka make $82 million a year.    

And if he just licenses his name to Trump Towers Istanbul without owning it, then he doesn’t have any lost investment or downside if it goes bad beyond losing the licensing income.

Selling out the Kurds for personal gain is deplorable no matter what the number is, but if this was all about $100,000 to $1,000,000 per year in royalties, then he’s even more of a monster.   That’s like the $1 bet in Trading Places.  It means nothing to him in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t actually think his cash flow is great. It’s my suspicion as to why he doesn’t want to release his tax returns:  his not nearly as rich as he portends to be.  

insuspect he lost a lot of his real estate equity through bankruptcy proceedings and licensing his name is the main form of revenue for the org.  But because he’s an idiot,  he blew a lot of his cash reserves buying golf courses in the late aughts and they all lose enormous sums of money.  

I think he is absolutely Very revenue conscious to Trump org and I’m sure the sons are keeping him appraised of where he is making and losing money.

Edited by Bateshorn

16 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I don’t actually think his cash flow is great. It’s my suspicion as to why he doesn’t want to release his tax returns:  his not nearly as rich as he portends to be.  

insuspect he lost a lot of his real estate equity through bankruptcy proceedings and licensing his name is the main form of revenue for the org.  But because he’s an idiot,  he blew a lot of his cash reserves buying golf courses in the late aughts and they all lose enormous sums of money.  

I think he is absolutely Very revenue conscious to Trump org and I’m sure the sons are keeping him appraised of where he is making and losing money.

He has never been as rich as he claims to be, so your suspicion is correct. Didn't a Surly poster have an article from Forbes  or one of those pubs that said as much? I seem to recall reading it on here. The article even discussed whether Trump himself, posing as someone else, tried to get him bumped up the list. Junior and Ewok have been quietly selling off properties and paying down debt, but at some point this man and his 'empire' must give the piper his due. Whether those dues will be first be paid to the American people, Russia, or Old Nick himself remains to be seen.

14 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

If that's true then Erdogan/Putin have something on trump that trump truly fears. The kurds should just execute all the prisoners and seek deals and aid with other countries who opposed turkey. Just say fuck the US

Yup, they should liquidate their ISIS stock asap.

But the realpolitik of the situation is that the Kurds have no hand to play without the US protecting them. They can either receive the ass-whipping the Turkish Armed Forces are about to deliver - and it will be a severe one - or they can accept the inevitable offer of "national reconciliation" from Damascus and allow the SDF to be absorbed into the SAA.

Those are the only options left for them.

They'll take the latter. They have zero leverage.

Reply to @Shady Ray -I am going off the subject slightly, but the UNHCR has already seen the numbers of refugees from Turkey to Greece (across the Aegean) climb to over 10,000 for the month of September. Apparently that is the highest it's been in three years. They are trying to make it before winter weather makes passage difficult.

I’m behind a day or two, but it’s pretty sad that the one thing that unites the political establishment on both sides with regards to POTUS is his attitude toward foreign intervention. 

Trump pulls out of Syria- so much wailing and gnashing of teeth

Trump bombs somebody or threatens to- such strong leadership!

Also, I LOVE the conspiracy theory that the whole whistleblower thing blew up after Bolton was fired and that he’s somehow involved. He probably knew Trump was still pushing to get out of Syria and that behavior cannot be allowed to continue.   

I’m behind a day or two, but it’s pretty sad that the one thing that unites the political establishment on both sides with regards to POTUS is his attitude toward foreign intervention. 

Also, I LOVE the conspiracy theory that the whole whistleblower thing blew up after Bolton was fired and that he’s somehow involved. He probably knew Trump was still pushing to get out of Syria and that behavior cannot be allowed to continue.   

I bet you’re a great checkers strategist. Having a commander-in-chief make major decisions, seemingly last minute and without counsel and under the specter of conflict of interest and weakness, makes a wide array of Americans upset.

I, for one, don’t really know a whole lot about the situation but it doesn’t seem right. Nor, do I have any faith in Trump’s ability to understand the situation at a fundamental level, let alone lead the diplomatic efforts needed to successfully disengage in the Middle East. And, his Wizard of Oz threat against Turkey was disturbing to say the least.

Thank you for showing up and sharing your insights from the perspective of people who believe Trump’s doing a great job, especially sticking it to the Statists.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

That's always been my working theory.  The Trump Org isn't every big.  It's something like 12 people.  To believe he has this multi billion dollar real estate empire and Michael Fucking Cohen ran the whole thing is a laughable stretch.

Most of it is licensing and the real estate he does own is probably saddled with large debt.  To your point, his cash flow probably isn't that high and most of is over the last decade came from TV deals and licensing.  He was slapping his name on everything at one point (bottled water, mortgage companies, MLM schemes, etc.)  That's the mark of someone that needs the money.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The wailing is in regards to abandoning an ally that gave up thousands of their own men and women's lives so we could have less casualties and then standing aside to let them be slaughtered by their geographic rivals.  It's one thing to not want to start a new war or get involved in the middle east in the first place.  It's something else entirely to abandon a group you deliberately used and put in harms way and sell them out to a world leader that would like to see them wiped out.

Do you see the distinction in that?

• Like 8

Just a reminder--- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-drops-charges-against-erdogan-guards-who-allegedly-beat-up-protesters/

U.S. prosecutors said Thursday they have dismissed all criminal charges against seven of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's bodyguards stemming from a brawl in Washington last year in which protesters were beaten. The charges were dropped last month just a day ahead of a meeting between Erdogan and now-outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, but the State Department said the timing was coincidental.

Prosecutors said they dropped the charges against the seven on Feb. 14 after dropping charges against four others in November. Assault charges are still pending against four other members of Erdogan's security detail as well as two Canadian citizens accused in the May 2017 altercation outside the Turkish ambassador's Washington home during a visit by Erdogan. The incident sparked outrage in Washington and elsewhere and was condemned by the State Department and local officials.

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

wut

I wish Twitter would take Parscale's checkmark away. The guy is a snake. Since they probably won't do that, I wonder if someone could come up with a DevinNunes'Cow type parody account to show how he underhanded this guy is. Few people know who he is, but he needs a lot of sunlight shined into his closet. Even if DJ goes down, this guy will latch onto whomever will get him the power and money.

12 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I bet you’re a great checkers strategist. Having a commander-in-chief make major decisions, seemingly last minute and without counsel and under the specter of conflict of interest and weakness, makes a wide array of Americans upset.

I, for one, don’t really know a whole lot about the situation but it doesn’t seem right. Nor, do I have any faith in Trump’s ability to understand the situation at a fundamental level, let alone lead the diplomatic efforts needed to successfully disengage in the Middle East. And, his Wizard of Oz threat against Turkey was disturbing to say the least.

Thank you for showing up and sharing your insights from the perspective of people who believe Trump’s doing a great job, especially sticking it to the Statists.

It doesn’t seem right because we rarely pull out of anywhere. 

And yes, Trump handles things in an erratic fashion per his usual, but it’s foolish to think that the people in govt who are upset about withdrawing, and the people in media getting people like yourself worked up over it, give a damn about how he handled it.

They would be bitching and moaning about any pullback. He’s been hinting at it doing this forever so it’s not as out of left field as you like to assert.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It doesn’t seem right because we rarely pull out of anywhere. 

And yes, Trump handles things in an erratic fashion per his usual, but it’s foolish to think that the people in govt who are upset about withdrawing, and the people in media getting people like yourself worked up over it, give a damn about how he handled it.

They would be bitching and moaning about any pullback. He’s been hinting at it doing this forever so it’s not as out of left field as you like to assert.

you really like the taste of tiny orange dick, don't ya

• Like 4

Plenty of time to tweet this morning, at 11:00 there is a meeting with Mark Morgan, head (acting) of Customs and Border Protection, so look for more outrages [sic] WALL numbers.

Lunch with the Veep and then, this afternoon, Edwin Meese will be receiving a Medal of Freedom.

I realize all of you are capable of looking up the Presidential calendar, but I find it helpful sometimes to have it in the back of my head while DJ tweets or a news blurb comes across my screen. It gives me a timeline into his erratic thoughts.

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

The wailing is in regards to abandoning an ally that gave up thousands of their own men and women's lives so we could have less casualties and then standing aside to let them be slaughtered by their geographic rivals.  It's one thing to not want to start a new war or get involved in the middle east in the first place.  It's something else entirely to abandon a group you deliberately used and put in harms way and sell them out to a world leader that would like to see them wiped out.

Do you see the distinction in that?

Theres always a reason to stay. 

How much longer should we stay with the Kurds? Haven’t they been an marginalized minority for decades? Centuries? So what’s the goal with regards to them, since you’re saying they’re the hang up?

How much more money should we spend in Syria?

How many American lives should we be ok losing or having permanently damaged through physical or mental trauma? 

On the one hand, like the "new" (old) Army uniforms, but man, none of those guys looks happy.

I really hated the current/green uniforms.  I know they have 8 years to phase them in, but I bet a shitload of soldiers are in the process of acquiring the new ones.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo