Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

51 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I'm praying the generals haven't issued any orders yet.  They're probably captured flatfooted (as previously) and no logistical or withdrawal planning has been done.  So they can slow play it.  I can't imagine this went over with the guys in the Pentagon.  

In what seems like an eternity ago, earlier this morning I posted his calendar. After meeting with the Secretary of State this morning, DJ will be meeting with senior military leaders tonight and then will be hosting them at a dinner at the WH along with the mother of his son. That is going to be an uncomfortable meeting for everyone except perhaps one person.

@atomheartbevo said the President will probably double down and I agree with this. Whomever made the point that it could be something where he says something and nothing happens, in this case, I am with those who believe events have moved beyond his control and that is why we are seeing even Turtle speak up. It is not as if ISIS is going to forget that we carpetbombed the daylights out of that island last month. And ISIS doesn't care if you are Mitch McConnell or Joe from the Bronx. It may be spun as a 'we needed to get out of there,' if the GOP thinks that will be a line that people buy, but carefully controlled narratives are like spinning plates: take your eyes off one plate long enough and pretty soon everything gets a little wobbly.

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I mean, I agree that Trump seems like he has lost it but in what universe are people not allowed to point out Trump's shortcomings? We have entire media industries dedicated to the task. The media and everyone associated with the media talk endlessly about Trump and and his fitness to be President. The word "impeachment" trended faster than naked teen coeds on the Internet. 

he has normalized the fact that he's a blathering moron, so now the media focuses on the 10-12x per day that he abuses his office and breaks the law.

reporting his shortcomings seems like a daunting task.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He’s losing fox and friends. Can’t wait to hear the nickname he comes up with for Brian Kilmead.

I think Putin reads the writing on the wall and realizes the asset-in-chief’s days are numbered.  If Trump is going down, use your leverage to have him damage America as much as possible with the time he has left.

Our traditional allies have to be working on a contingency of what to do if America removes itself from being a world leader and superpower.

The scary prospect for everyone on the planet: If ISIS can grow in Iraq’s void after Saddam Hussein’s removal, what might grow in the world given the much larger void created by a severely diminished United States?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

We can debate Trump's actions in Syria with the Kurds, but I am pretty sure the US Constitution does not address The President of the United States and his duty to hold the mandate of Heaven.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I think Putin reads the writing on the wall and realizes the asset-in-chief’s days are numbered.  If Trump is going down, use your leverage to have him damage America as much as possible with the time he has left.

Our traditional allies have to be working on a contingency of what to do if America removes itself from being a world leader and superpower.

The scary prospect for everyone on the planet: If ISIS can grow in Iraq’s void after Saddam Hussein’s removal, what might grow in the world given the much larger void created by a severely diminished United States?

This is my fear about impeachment more than anything.  Putin can use Trump now and play the long-game.  Have him undermine NATO, relationships with our best allies, etc.  

But if its likely he's going to be impeached - it's time to steal as many cookies from the cookie jar as possible while the Orange Cheeto is in charge.  

• Like 2

Alright ... who had money on "It's Obama's fault?"  The comments are both sad and hilarious.

I thought for sure this was an old tweet, but nope. Blaming Obama 3 years after his presidency for an action the current president made today.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

I thought for sure this was an old tweet, but nope. Blaming Obama 3 years after his presidency for an action the current president made today.

The hilarious thing is that both Graham and Joe Biden voted FOR resolution S.J. 45, the resolution that allowed Bush to invade Iraq, which is what ultimately led us to this point.  Guess who voted against that resolution.  Sen. Barack Obama.

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

forget impeachment.  when he loses in 13 months, we're going to have to forcibly remove him from the white house.  call security, we'll pack up your rolodex and your personal items and meet you downstairs.

i don't trust him abusing his office for 2 months when he knows he's no longer president.  he's abusing the shit out of it now, and he's doing it to get re-elected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

forget impeachment.  when he loses in 13 months, we're going to have to forcibly remove him from the white house.  call security, we'll pack up your rolodex and your personal items and meet you downstairs.

i don't trust him abusing his office for 2 months when he knows he's no longer president.  he's abusing the shit out of it now, and he's doing it to get re-elected.

For sure he's going to steal the towels. Hotels always run short.

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Alright ... who had money on "It's Obama's fault?"  The comments are both sad and hilarious.

So somehow 9/11 and Trump withdrawing from Syria are Obama's fault?  Jesus, the kompromat Trump has on Graham must be him taking an underage boy's shot to the face.  

Just now, Longhornfan1024 said:

So somehow 9/11 and Trump withdrawing from Syria are Obama's fault?  Jesus, the kompromat Trump has on Graham must be him taking an underage boy's shot to the face.  

graham doesn't give a shit about trump.  that much is obvious.  he doesn't give a shit about the constitution or the rule of law.  again, obvious.  graham cares about getting re-elected and keeping his power.  and in south carolina, that means being trump's staunchest defender.  he serves only one interest - himself, which means re-election.  corruption, trump, all the other shit - it just overlaps in the venn diagram with him staying in office.

once trump is gone, lindsey will pivot to something else, even if it's the polar opposite of where he is now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deech said:

I'm sure there is some action by Hillary somewhere that can distract us.

Every time I turn on FoxNews in the evening there is a story running on PC Culture/Radical Liberalism at XYZ University.

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Kurds said US troops have already been pulling out.

Reports are the Pentagon was blindsided by this, as usual.

Trump ain't going to back down now.  I know I was on the train in the past, where I believe the GOP could force Trump to back down, and they did several times, but the way in which this was done, and the fact that Erdogan had Donnie's ear, I think this is going to get the Kurds killed and tens of thousands ISIS released from prison.

If that's true then Erdogan/Putin have something on trump that trump truly fears. The kurds should just execute all the prisoners and seek deals and aid with other countries who opposed turkey. Just say fuck the US

50 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I mean, I agree that Trump seems like he has lost it but in what universe are people not allowed to point out Trump's shortcomings? We have entire media industries dedicated to the task. The media and everyone associated with the media talk endlessly about Trump and and his fitness to be President. The word "impeachment" trended faster than naked teen coeds on the Internet. 

If Britney Spears is walking down the street and stumbles, or is heard slurring a word or two, pop/reality star media goes into overdrive about her mental health.   There is definitely a massive amount of the media that loves nothing more than to speculate on the mental health of celebrities.  

15 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

If that's true then Erdogan/Putin have something on trump that trump truly fears. The kurds should just execute all the prisoners and seek deals and aid with other countries who opposed turkey. Just say fuck the US

Don’t overthink this.  Erdogan can put the screws to Trump Towers or whatever the fuck he had an interest in there.   With Trump, it can be as simple as financial.  

All the world leaders know exactly who and what Trump is. They have to deal with him the best they can. 

Agreed. But that doesn’t translate well to the tribal leaders and rebellious factions that are the lifeblood of modern ground warfare. Those types are going to side with those who offer long term stability, even if they aren’t the “ideal” ally (Russia, China, etc).

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I never served in the military but from everything I think I know, I imagine those US soldiers must feel like shit about this whole situation.

From what I’ve read, they, and especially the Special Forces (many of whom are there now), really like the Kurds, and this goes back to the first Gulf War.    Up there with the Montagnards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Supposedly US troops have not left yet, and the Turks don’t know where they are.   

From a Turkish correspondent (I don’t know if he’s accurate)

So we are at war with Turkey now? Only Trump could fuck up this bad.

I read LG's "But Obama!!!!" more as the third-grade level of reverse-psychology you have to use on POTUS.  If he likens Trump's actions to Obama, maybe he'll reconsider.

Same as LG calling into Fox and Friends this morning -- it was the quickest way for POTUS to hear him directly.

(Yes, I just defended Lindsay Graham.)

14 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I feel dirty agreeing with this ass on anything.

Except his whole premise is bullshit. No one in the middle East has asked us to do their fighting. We took it upon ourselves to invade their lands, overthrow their regimes, then complain when we have to stay there to keep the place from completely turning into a power vacuum consisting of terror based fundamentalist Islam groups. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

How are we shutting down airspace to Turkey - when there were already reports of Turkey making air strikes on the Kurds?  Is that code for we shot down Turkish aircraft, or is there another explanation?  War with Turkey would be FUBAR.

My understanding is that we are no longer providing drone support and/or air reconnaissance support to Turkey. While they still have their own air support network, we most of the heavy lifting in the region. 

1 minute ago, Junior Miller said:

Except his whole premise is bullshit. No one in the middle East has asked us to do their fighting. We took it upon ourselves to invade their lands, overthrow their regimes, then complain when we have to stay there to keep the place from completely turning into a power vacuum consisting of terror based fundamentalist Islam groups. 

Fair enough.  I agree with the we cannot abandon the Kurds portion. Really just posted this because shocked that Huckabee said anything against dotus.

7 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I read LG's "But Obama!!!!" more as the third-grade level of reverse-psychology you have to use on POTUS.  If he likens Trump's actions to Obama, maybe he'll reconsider.

Same as LG calling into Fox and Friends this morning -- it was the quickest way for POTUS to hear him directly.

(Yes, I just defended Lindsay Graham.)

That is the way I see it too, he is speaking in Trump which most people consider nonsense except Trump. Pretty fucked up.

How are we shutting down airspace to Turkey - when there were already reports of Turkey making air strikes on the Kurds?  Is that code for we shot down Turkish aircraft, or is there another explanation?

I read "shelling", maybe it is not bombing.