Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

29 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Obama allowed 9/11 to happen, created ISIS, betrayed the Kurds, assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand, annexed the Sudetenland, bombed Pearl Harbor, shelled Fort Sumter, abused prisoners on the Bataan Death March, oversaw the Trail of Tears, blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City, and produced Nickelback’s albums.

LawfulCoarseIchidna-small.gif

So did somebody... not dotard because he's not smart enough... come up with this new policy about Turkey so the GOP had something to speak out against? He will now change course, and the story will be, see we stand up to ther president and he listens to us when he knows he's wrong. We won't support impeachment because we don't think it's the right thing to do, but if we did we'd vote him out because we will stand up when we think something is wrong.  4 D chess. 

5 hours ago, sachick said:

It's all fun and games to make fun of Trump and his tweets but holy fucking shit, "in my great and unmatched wisdom?" This lunatic is the President of the United States.

He's gone full Bond villain.

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Oh, so THIS is what could make him lose the mandate of heaven?

I can't tell which bizarro world I'm living in these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Supposedly US troops have not left yet, and the Turks don’t know where they are.   

From a Turkish correspondent (I don’t know if he’s accurate)

These bombings could result in multiple US combat deaths and Dotard would still have 80+% approval amongst the grunts.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We are Lucy with the football to the Kurd's Charlie Brown. Our history of betraying them goes back decades. We promise help that never arrives. We suggest we'll help them get a homeland but never do. We fight beside them against ISIS and now we step aside so the Turks can try to wipe them out of Syria.

This is a multi-administration shame. This public blessing of attacking the Kurds is probably a new level of betrayal. I wish I could stop hating my country.

Our allies against ISIS, let's put a face on it:

1555683364316-0DMEO_tg.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.8

14225355_1146571345424054_76602388814629

(The above, KIA)

D2LRIUiX0AAdfAF.jpg:large

p074f4y0.jpg

13940818000701_PhotoI.jpg

358471Image1.jpg?version=6781719

"Go ahead, shake hands, we mean it this time. Really!"

brutal on so many levels. just brutal.

our BS government is killing people left and right. either directly or through stupid.

have family in this part of the world. in conflict with Turkey, or have been, or will be, or something. this is not good. Do the Turks have nukes? I hope not. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We are Lucy with the football to the Kurd's Charlie Brown. Our history of betraying them goes back decades. We promise help that never arrives. We suggest we'll help them get a homeland but never do. We fight beside them against ISIS and now we step aside so the Turks can try to wipe them out of Syria.

This is a multi-administration shame. This public blessing of attacking the Kurds is probably a new level of betrayal. I wish I could stop hating my country.

Our allies against ISIS, let's put a face on it:

1555683364316-0DMEO_tg.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.8

14225355_1146571345424054_76602388814629

(The above, KIA)

D2LRIUiX0AAdfAF.jpg:large

p074f4y0.jpg

13940818000701_PhotoI.jpg

358471Image1.jpg?version=6781719

"Go ahead, shake hands, we mean it this time. Really!"

We've been doing shit like this since at least the beginning of the trump "administration."  The Muslim ban barred Iraqis from entering the country, including those that helped us during our invasion, and who we promised to give visas to in exchange for translating, etc.  We have had their blood on our hands since the first days of the trump administration.  The GOP didn't do jack shit then.  They'll send a few troubled tweets now.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"Trump's mandate with heaven ... " 

It's almost poetic that the one they thought was sent to them turned out to be this cheap, huckster dipshit with a spray tan. I'm coming up short on sympathy. 

For a group of hypervigilant folks constantly on the look-out for the antichrist, they sure suck at it. Hell, I remember around 2010 when my mom seriously discussed the possibility Obama was it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

One thing has become clear - a President has too much power. We need a way to puts some checks on some of this bullshit.

There are some...

But when you've got a two party system, and one party dominates the "checks" (Senate and now very conservative Court), it makes it challenging. 

Doubly so when the other party seems to lack a spine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

One thing has become clear - a President has too much power. We need a way to puts some checks on some of this bullshit.

Your vote is a check.

Bunch of fuckheads didn't vote in 2016.  Bunch of other fuckheads voted for Trump. 

In 2018, a bunch of fuckheads voted for Cruz.  But some good people turned the House. 

• Like 1

I worry that Trump laid out the game plan.  The average megalomaniac wouldn't have pushed it as far as Trump has.  Now, he's shown that a complicit Senate (and certainly along with a complicit House) can rubber stamp whatever bullshit any POTUS wants to pull.

17 minutes ago, sachick said:

So what's the Republican spin on this?

That's just simply a disagreement over foreign policy -- an interventionist vs. isolationist philosophy.  Healthy debate in a stable Republic.  Certainly not something to abandon the president over or entertain zany impeachment notions from the crazy libs.  

"Don't these policies, one by one, give the impression that all of it is designed to help Russia?"

"That's just ridiculous and shows how far off the rails the media and the Democrats are willing to go.  The whole Russia playbook didn't work out for them the first time but they just keep playing the same strategy." 

• Like 2

I worry that Trump laid out the game plan.  The average megalomaniac wouldn't have pushed it as far as Trump has.  Now, he's shown that a complicit Senate (and certainly along with a complicit House) can rubber stamp whatever bullshit any POTUS wants to pull.

This is my concern Dude.

Trump has accidentally played the GOP masterfully. If the last two weeks went down after inauguration, he’d be toast. Instead, over the course of the last three years the GOP has been worked, little by little.

Of course, this isn’t to say that Trump did this on purpose. He did everything he could get away with, but always pushing things just a little further than the GOP would have wanted. The base did the rest.

The art of the deal, indeed. Idiots caught in an idiotic feedback loop of epic proportions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You misspelled Putin

I don’t think Putin orchestrated the day to day encroachments. Rather, I think the interplay between Fox, the base, Trump, and the GOP was largely self sustaining. An idiot and his idiot cult.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

From what I’ve read, they, and especially the Special Forces (many of whom are there now), really like the Kurds, and this goes back to the first Gulf War.    Up there with the Montagnards.

I know one soldier that recently completed a tour there, and he's fucking red hot at Trump.  He's a big fan of the Kurds, and served alongside many of them. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is what happens Larry.  Laws don't matter if people don't recognize them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

The GOP let this happen.  They nominated this fucking lunatic.  They supported him.  They fucking DEFENDED him.  All while it was crystal fucking clear to anyone with half a brain and a shred of dignity that he is a traitor who is selling out our country.  

Do not forget that.  And do not forgive it.  

Well, that certainly seems accurate, but hey, have you met my friend Tom? He's got his own theory and it will shake you to your core.

What Ttom presupposes is, maybe its actually your fault?

• Like 2