It appears Clemson players have been juicing like hell

Hornius Emeritus

Living in a society in which soldiers have been sent into battle wired to the tits for at least the last seventy-plus years, it ill behooves us to decry the identical behavior with pseudo-warriors of the same ages.

"Reality is whatever you can get away with," said Uncle Bob.

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

As both a physician and the father of a Div I athlete, I can’t disagree more.

These are 18yo knuckleheads thrust into a very competitive environment. If steroids are the culture, most will participate or get left behind. And the medical downside for many will not be realized until years later. We are talking about the health of kids. Put me firmly in the “heavy testing, harsh penalty” crowd.

I understand your point regarding athletes in sports such as volleyball or swimming or track and field or even basketball where head trauma occurs but not nearly as often.

the parents of these kids allowed them to go into a sport where they are virtually guaranteed taking heavy damage to the head and damaging their brains beyond repair by the time they are high school players much less division 1 college. They are going to be fucked later on in life no matter what, so they are basically gladiators playing a bloodsport now for our amusement and with billions of dollars at stake. 

Getting all worked up about Mexican vitamins because they will harm them later in life is a bit laughable in context. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I understand your point regarding athletes in sports such as volleyball or swimming or track and field or even basketball where head trauma occurs but not nearly as often.

the parents of these kids allowed them to go into a sport where they are virtually guaranteed taking heavy damage to the head and damaging their brains beyond repair by the time they are high school players much less division 1 college. They are going to be fucked later on in life no matter what, so they are basically gladiators playing a bloodsport now for our amusement and with billions of dollars at stake. 

Getting all worked up about Mexican vitamins because they will harm them later in life is a bit laughable in context. 

Arguing that with a doctor is a bold strategy.

1 hour ago, Not that Bob said:

Just another example of the olds wanting to stamp down the exuberance of youth. Who the hell wants to live to be older than 55 anyway? Amirite? Who the hell expects to have any of their mental facilities or cardiac function left after age 55? Amirite? 

"Had I know I was gonna live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself."  ----- Bobby freakin' Layne

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

"Had I know I was gonna live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself."  ----- Bobby freakin' Layne

I use that quote often...did not know it was Bobby Lane. 

I am becoming ill at ease with football in may later years because of the damage that is now becoming apparent. I have been watching for decades, but I cringe when I think what is being done to the bodies of these people. Juice only exacerbates the damage. 

I give myself a steroid shot every week.....prescribed by my doctor (Testosterone - my body rejected 7 of 7 implants). The reason why is previous steroid use - about 4 years worth.  I am 57 years old and my nuts are the size of small grapes.  I make more estrogen than I do testosterone (naturally).  My dick apparently doesn’t work as well as all my friends around the same age. So talk to me about the brilliance of young men and the wisdom of their decisions.  It’s life altering and many don’t have the maturity to know it or to care. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

I give myself a steroid shot every week.....prescribed by my doctor (Testosterone - my body rejected 7 of 7 implants). The reason why is previous steroid use - about 4 years worth.  I am 57 years old and my nuts are the size of small grapes.  I make more estrogen than I do testosterone (naturally).  My dick apparently doesn’t work as well as all my friends around the same age. So talk to me about the brilliance of young men and the wisdom of their decisions.  It’s life altering and many don’t have the maturity to know it or to care. 

Sounds like you need a hug.

Zsi.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Arguing that with a doctor is a bold strategy.

There's no argument at all. I'm not saying steroids aren't terrible for your body. I'm not saying that I don't wish in a perfect world The sport could just be clean and not cause any head trauma nor involve steroid use. 

I'm just saying getting all worked up because steroids will have long term  harmful impact on people who we condone bashing their heads into each other constantly to almost assuredly give them brain damage and problems later in life is silly. 

It would be like being outraged that people who you are actively feeding radium paint to are also smoking. 

14 minutes ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

but for those four years were you huge and banging every piece of tail that came your way?  I bet it was worth it.  I’m gonna go find some winstrol....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Need a hug ? Nah, your mom hugged a lot last night - tell her to come get her shit and you’re not getting your allowance this week...

I feel a lot better now - thanks 

but if your dick doesnt work, then he really has no issues with you and his mom.   also youre taking TRT  dick should be working fine.  100mg a week I assume> 

25 minutes ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Shouldn't you be rolling a huge concrete ball into a corporate coffee place or something?

2 hours ago, JerryHubbard said:

As both a physician and the father of a Div I athlete, I can’t disagree more.

These are 18yo knuckleheads thrust into a very competitive environment. If steroids are the culture, most will participate or get left behind. And the medical downside for many will not be realized until years later. We are talking about the health of kids. Put me firmly in the “heavy testing, harsh penalty” crowd.

This. Also a parent of a former D1 athlete. 

Clearly, opinions vary, I suspect largely based on age.  Asking any kid to "do the right thing" while they are watching other kids get bigger and faster is an exercise in futility.  For those arguing "just let them all juice", you either don't understand the health impact or you don't care and want to say "they are gladiators, they know what they are doing".  Lot's of people think that way and it's their right, but it's a chicken-shit position as far as I'm concerned. 

As much as I hate all the targeting crap and general wussification of the game as a spectator, it's selfish and dumb to just say "let them play without rules, they know the risks".  PED's are no different, you have to protect these kids from themselves and that's what the rules are for.  I also don't buy the argument that steroids aren't near as harmful as the general risks of playing the game.  There are some PED's that would be considered low risk (more common for endurance athletes), but extended abuse of anabolic steroids is almost always going to cause problems.  It's also pretty easy to test for steroids compared to some of the blood doping stuff, so it's just a matter of how aggressively they want to enforce the rules.  

3 hours ago, Not that Bob said:

Just another example of the olds wanting to stamp down the exuberance of youth. Who the hell wants to live to be older than 55 anyway? Amirite? Who the hell expects to have any of their mental facilities or cardiac function left after age 55? Amirite? 

I'm 55 so this hits close to home.

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Just because a test was failed doesn't mean they took the banned substances intentionally.  The UFC is dealing with this a lot.  Look up Tim Means and tell me that guy is on the juice...

I'm sure there are shady muscle supplements that contain banned steroids and don't say so, just like how pharmaceuticals that aren't supposed to be sold OTC have been found in shady gas station boner pills. But everyone's going to try that excuse when they get caught, so who's to say? And just because a guy is wiry and not bulked out doesn't mean they couldn't be using steroids. Especially in the combat/contact sports, I think a lot of people use them to recover faster from injuries,  not because they're trying to get 36-inch thighs.

8 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I'm sure there are shady muscle supplements that contain banned steroids and don't say so, just like how pharmaceuticals that aren't supposed to be sold OTC have been found in shady gas station boner pills. But everyone's going to try that excuse when they get caught, so who's to say? And just because a guy is wiry and not bulked out doesn't mean they couldn't be using steroids. Especially in the combat/contact sports, I think a lot of people use them to recover faster from injuries,  not because they're trying to get 36-inch thighs.

I hear you.  Means was cleared though because USADA was able to purchase his supplement off the shelf and test/confirm that it was indeed tainted.  Could be the case here too.

2 hours ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

I'm basically (thoroughly) ignorant on the specifics of steroid use, but what does the bolded mean, if you don't mind my asking.

Full disclaimer: I also take testosterone shots.

Wow, your level of stupidity of other worldly, congrats. So I’m assuming you don’t have a problem with children taking steroids either, especially if they play football

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Wow, your level of stupidity of other worldly, congrats. So I’m assuming you don’t have a problem with children taking steroids either, especially if they play football

Nope, point is if you're going to willingly let your child play a sport that medical research is showing will almost guarantee them brain damage and health problems later in life then what the difference with allowing them to take a drug that will almost guarantee them health problems later in life? If you're stupid/reckless/Savage enough for the first then why not the 2nd? 

Also, getting all self righteous about the juice when you willingly condone them bashing their heads in to an early grave is also just as dumb. You watch football right? Then you're condoning their severe health problems later in life just like everyone else. 

• Like 1

Rules are increasingly changing to try to reduce risk from head trauma. Protective gear research continues, too. Ostarine is not only against NCAA rules, it is not legal to use, period. We can’t make life safe, and we surely can’t make football safe. We can and do set rules to try to increase the safety, though. There is rule-breaking everywhere. Adversity is not a signal to surrender. There can be good done which is short of completely joyful immortality on earth. Do what we can reasonably do, and continually reevaluate.

The reasonable thing would be to stop allowing children to play a sport that damages the brain beyond repair and causes everything from psychosis to memory loss to suicidal depression and then some. 

Reasonable flew out the window a long time ago. In true American fashion we like to be bloodthirsty war mongers yet tell ourselves we're for peace. We like to lock the most people up on the planet yet tell ourselves we're free. 

For once let's just call a spade a fucking spade. If we cared about these college players' wellbeing we wouldn't support their damage and future demise for our own enjoyment. We don't give a shit about them so let's just admit it. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm basically (thoroughly) ignorant on the specifics of steroid use, but what does the bolded mean, if you don't mind my asking.

Full disclaimer: I also take testosterone shots.

Pellets. Injected under the skin in the hip area dissolve slowly over time to release steady stream of T