It appears Clemson players have been juicing like hell

Hornius Emeritus

No program tests their entire team following a positive... heck, schools don't have to have their own testing policies apart from what the NCAA does/prescribes.

Heck, I'm amazed these three were caught in the first place. Watch Icarus and you'll realize just how worthless most of these tests are.

Edited by satyanash

Agreed. Bend the rules as far as you can and see how much you can get away with. Bama and Clemson are dominating college football going that route.

Then disqualify them and take trophies away. Juicing isn’t the answer, cleaning up a sport kids play is.
  • Like 5

Confirmed baseball juicers are being passed up for the hall of fame, players that would have likely made it in anyway. It’s not good for a sport. Not cycling, not swimming, not baseball and not football. I know those body building drugs have gotten more sophisticated but we have rules, they should be enforced or changed. And if changed they should be done so with the entirety of the sport in mind, knowing kids play the game and look up to the college and pro athletes that play the same game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So, statistically, probably 19-20 players are juicing if three were caught in such a small sample.  I wonder how many of them were starters.

I wonder what we'd see if 100% of Bama's players were tested.

Very small "666" marks just above the point where the left ear attaches to the side of their heads ??

• Like 1

I would have never connected the dots between steroids and football.  I always thought that shit was for pussy euro cyclists.  Not American football where opposing players are pitted against each other in bouts of strength, speed, and agility all in and effort to physically dominate or maim their opponent while fans cheer mindlessly at the carnage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

Confirmed baseball juicers are being passed up for the hall of fame, players that would have likely made it in anyway. It’s not good for a sport. Not cycling, not swimming, not baseball and not football. I know those body building drugs have gotten more sophisticated but we have rules, they should be enforced or changed. And if changed they should be done so with the entirety of the sport in mind, knowing kids play the game and look up to the college and pro athletes that play the same game.

what the fuck do you have against people altering their bodies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Climpsum juicing you say?  This makes aggy loss even more impressive.   
Advantage aggy. 

Then disqualify them and take trophies away. Juicing isn’t the answer, cleaning up a sport kids play is.
1) vacate their tarnished wins

2) aggy at 10 wins (spring game)

3) ???

4) woooooooop

37 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I would have never connected the dots between steroids and football.  I always thought that shit was for pussy euro cyclists.  Not American football where opposing players are pitted against each other in bouts of strength, speed, and agility all in and effort to physically dominate or maim their opponent while fans cheer mindlessly at the carnage.

Based on no real knowledge, I just assume that half of college football players juice and probably 80%+ of the NFL.  There's no sport where it would help more.

And when they do get caught, no one cares. Does anyone even know or care that Julian Edelman was suspended this season for PED's?  Will that even be brought up during the Super Bowl?  It doesn't affect their reputations, future earnings, legacy, etc.  Its almost expected.  Google the 4 game PED suspensions over the past few years.  The list is long and distinguished, like my Johnson.

• Haha 1

As both a physician and the father of a Div I athlete, I can’t disagree more.
These are 18yo knuckleheads thrust into a very competitive environment. If steroids are the culture, most will participate or get left behind. And the medical downside for many will not be realized until years later. We are talking about the health of kids. Put me firmly in the “heavy testing, harsh penalty” crowd.

Excellent post

1 hour ago, troph said:

It’s not good for a sport. 

yeah it ruined baseball in the late 90s

I'm not commenting on rightness or wrongness, but if you let the teams roid up their players to the East German degree, sports would be even more entertaining in a sick gladitorial way. Carlin used to do a bit on this, but it was funny because of the element of truth.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

45 minutes ago, Not that Bob said:

Just another example of the olds wanting to stamp down the exuberance of youth. Who the hell wants to live to be older than 55 anyway? Amirite? Who the hell expects to have any of their mental facilities or cardiac function left after age 55? Amirite? 

FWIW - 55 is young, quite young actually

Now get the hell off my lawn!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I don't want Texas to cheat and kids shouldn't use steroids. This is a no-brainer. The fact that Pilotserror and Futureman are the two people on the other side of this debate speaks volumes. 

For those who wish to see altered humans compete, they can probably watch cyborg sports leagues in a decade or two.