How would you like to pass away

Nice Guy Eddie

20 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I'll need an accomplice to do it right. Not for the actual death part, because whatever that is, it's guaranteed, I'm 100% sure I can do the death thing unassisted one day, however it goes.

What I need the accomplice for, is to leave my pre-recorded cackling laughter on folk's answering machines every anniversary of my death.

I think setting up annual robo calls telling one friend that you faked your death would be a brilliant prank. 

I want to go after hearing my wife say, “you were right, I was wrong.” Basically, I want to live forever.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Two chicks at the same time. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:06 PM, mulletpelini said:

large.gif

On 3/8/2019 at 6:33 PM, Incredulity said:

Quietly in my sleep after a big family get together.

or

Massive heart attack mid-coitus after doing a line of coke off 3 hookers asses while my last check simultaneously bounces.

Seriously, not to piss in anyone's orange juice but that ain't the way to go. About a year ago that nearly happened to me and brother that is the most painful and scary thing you can imagine. Not pleasant at all. Unless you are with a hooker someone you don't care about, you got to consider what it does to your partner or significant other also. It scared me as a shooter about half to death.

20 hours ago, Chilly Water said:

Go out with a bang...like final scene of Devils Rejects. With Lynyrd Skynyrd at full volume

Fuckin'a right, y'all motherfuckers better listen to this motherfucker knows what the fuck he's fucking talkin about. And always remember... Keep your expectations low oh, that way you're never disappointed.

Love,

Otis Driftwood 

Seriously, not to piss in anyone's orange juice but that ain't the way to go. About a year ago that nearly happened to me and brother that is the most painful and scary thing you can imagine. Not pleasant at all. Unless you are with a hooker someone you don't care about, you got to consider what it does to your partner or significant other also. It scared me as a shooter about half to death.
You and your brother were doing coke with hookers and you almost snuffed it?

Whoa. Dude.

Ideally it would be setting off a nuclear bomb to destroy the mothership of an oncoming alien attack thereby saving all of humanity. Also, its broadcast so everyone knows who to name their kids after. 

But I’d settle to die like Marlin Brand/Corleone in Godfather. Always thought that since the first time I saw that scene. 

I want to die walking across a field I just plowed. Walking back to the truck, I hope the Ol' Widowmaker lets go, and I'm dead before I hit hir ground. I love the smell of freshly plowed dirt.

Want to be cremated, mixed with concrete and made in to a doorstop. At least I will be useful.. If Mrs. CHIEF wants to chunk me in the casket, when she goes, that's OK too. Other than that, I choose to be a doorstop.

Just need to buy a place big enough to need a plow.

CHIEF

On 3/8/2019 at 10:50 PM, naija said:

wondering how many of you have been around people dying.

I can tell you that this:

"There is something to be said about getting the pancreatic cancer death sentence that most likely is 6 months or less. You have time to set (or review) your wishes, tackle any remaining bucket list items, tell people you love them, tell people to f-off, people can say their goodbyes, etc. I'm sure it can still be physically painful but not as drawn out as other illnesses."

is not how pancreatic cancer usually turns out

Yeah, pancreatic cancer has to be the worst choice.  At least long drawn out cancers or illnesses offer some hope of remission or recovery, and hope is a powerful thing.

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, pancreatic cancer has to be the worst choice.  At least long drawn out cancers or illnesses offer some hope of remission or recovery, and hope is a powerful thing.

Put me down for the, “you have 3-6 months to live” choice. Obviously I wouldn’t want to be in extreme pain for that time, but you’re way better off than a long nightmare of cancer or whatever illness.    

Regardless of the duration, I would go long before it became too painful. What’s the point of torturing yourself so others can see you in pain.

My dad (still alive) always said he wanted to drop dead on the golf course after he had just pured an iron into the green for a kick in birdie. I always thought that would be a dick move to the rest of the foursome, but I get wanting to go out doing something you love. After shoulder replacement & other ailments he can't golf anymore so he's not gonna get that wish.

I'd settle for the simple "go to bed and wake up dead." Other than my wife having to wake up next to a corpse there really isn't a downside.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Put me down for the, “you have 3-6 months to live” choice. Obviously I wouldn’t want to be in extreme pain for that time, but you’re way better off than a long nightmare of cancer or whatever illness.    

Regardless of the duration, I would go long before it became too painful. What’s the point of torturing yourself so others can see you in pain.

That's easy to say now, but probably won't be an easy choice when it comes to decision time.  While I still could, I'd probably try to do increasingly risky "bucket list" activities until one of them took me out, but I don't think I could ever make an active decision to end it once I'm stuck in that bed.

9 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I want to die walking across a field I just plowed. Walking back to the truck, I hope the Ol' Widowmaker lets go, and I'm dead before I hit hir ground. I love the smell of freshly plowed dirt.

Want to be cremated, mixed with concrete and made in to a doorstop. At least I will be useful.. If Mrs. CHIEF wants to chunk me in the casket, when she goes, that's OK too. Other than that, I choose to be a doorstop.

Just need to buy a place big enough to need a plow.

CHIEF

Man, you gotta think ahead. How useful are you going to be when all the doors open like Star Trek?

Unlike some of you, I'm going to confess to being a complete pussy who doesn't want any pain associated with my death.  No gunshot, no car or plane crash, no drowning, no wild animal attack, no terminal illness.  Just let me die a peaceful death in my sleep after a long life seeing my kids grow up, and hopefully knowing a grandchild or two. 

One of my Grandpa's died at 98 in his own bed.  My Dad drove through the night after he got the call to get up to South Dakota to be with the rest of the family.  He didn't feel like paying for a hotel so he changed the sheets and slept in the bed my Grandpa died in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Unlike some of you, I'm going to confess to being a complete pussy who doesn't want any pain associated with my death.  No gunshot, no car or plane crash, no drowning, no wild animal attack, no terminal illness.  Just let me die a peaceful death in my sleep after a long life seeing my kids grow up, and hopefully knowing a grandchild or two. 

I hear you but I don't think this occurs for many people. Is dying of old age really a thing?

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Two pages and no:

ShowyLinedDog-small.gif

It's like I don't even know you people anymore.

It was post No. 10. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Two chicks at the same time. 

Your death will somehow involve the failure to carefully read.  And a couch fire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hear you but I don't think this occurs for many people. Is dying of old age really a thing?

Sure, I understand the odds are not great to die as an old man peacefully in my sleep.  I was just answering the question "How would you like to pass away."

On 3/9/2019 at 12:05 AM, Buffsoldier said:

While being pleasured by Kate Beckinsale and Sofia Vergara.

Seriously though, I'd love to know that my death provided others the opportunity for life.  Therefore this is the way I'd like to go.  On my way to have my organs donated:

There are a bunch of these on Youtube.  Never heard of it before.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75

Part of the article.   I have 2 aunts and a mother who are in their 90s.  They go from one fall to another, living in more and more pain and less and less reality every day.  Their quality of life is not all that good.  I don't want to get to that point.   This article really lays it out nicely. 

Why I Hope to Die at 75

By Ezekiel J. Emanuel September 18, 2014
13,703 saves
direct?resize=w2000&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.theatlantic.com%2Fassets%2Fmedia%2Fimg%2F2014%2F09%2F10%2Fopener_v01%2F1920.jpg%3F1523911032
Photo by: Jake Chessum

Seventy-five.

That’s how long I want to live: 75 years.

This preference drives my daughters crazy. It drives my brothers crazy. My loving friends think I am crazy. They think that I can’t mean what I say; that I haven’t thought clearly about this, because there is so much in the world to see and do. To convince me of my errors, they enumerate the myriad people I know who are over 75 and doing quite well. They are certain that as I get closer to 75, I will push the desired age back to 80, then 85, maybe even 90.

I am sure of my position. Doubtless, death is a loss. It deprives us of experiences and milestones, of time spent with our spouse and children. In short, it deprives us of all the things we value.

But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

By the time I reach 75, I will have lived a complete life. I will have loved and been loved. My children will be grown and in the midst of their own rich lives. I will have seen my grandchildren born and beginning their lives. I will have pursued my life’s projects and made whatever contributions, important or not, I am going to make. And hopefully, I will not have too many mental and physical limitations. Dying at 75 will not be a tragedy. Indeed, I plan to have my memorial service before I die. And I don’t want any crying or wailing, but a warm gathering filled with fun reminiscences, stories of my awkwardness, and celebrations of a good life. After I die, my survivors can have their own memorial service if they want—that is not my business.

Let me be clear about my wish. I’m neither asking for more time than is likely nor foreshortening my life. Today I am, as far as my physician and I know, very healthy, with no chronic illness. I just climbed Kilimanjaro with two of my nephews. So I am not talking about bargaining with God to live to 75 because I have a terminal illness. Nor am I talking about waking up one morning 18 years from now and ending my life through euthanasia or suicide. Since the 1990s, I have actively opposed legalizing euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide. People who want to die in one of these ways tend to suffer not from unremitting pain but from depression, hopelessness, and fear of losing their dignity and control. The people they leave behind inevitably feel they have somehow failed. The answer to these symptoms is not ending a life but getting help. I have long argued that we should focus on giving all terminally ill people a good, compassionate death—not euthanasia or assisted suicide for a tiny minority.

I am talking about how long I want to live and the kind and amount of health care I will consent to after 75. Americans seem to be obsessed with exercising, doing mental puzzles, consuming various juice and protein concoctions, sticking to strict diets, and popping vitamins and supplements, all in a valiant effort to cheat death and prolong life as long as possible. This has become so pervasive that it now defines a cultural type: what I call the American immortal.

I reject this aspiration. I think this manic desperation to endlessly extend life is misguided and potentially destructive. For many reasons, 75 is a pretty good age to aim to stop.

I'm sitting in a hospital room watching my father on his death bed.  This has been a long, painful, drawn out process.  Last night, my mother said "I can't lose him.  Do whatever you have to do."  Meanwhile, this morning every breath is a painful moan.

I called my wife and told her if she ever lets me get that far, I'd haunt her from the fucking grave.  I told her to "figure something out" long before then.

People say they want to die doing something they love.  I've often thought I'd like to die at a Texas - OU football game.  It might fuck up the day for those around me, but I'm selfish.  Of course, we need to be winning big when this happens, but it would be a day I wouldn't soon forget.   Wait..... I might not remember as much as I'd like.  There's really no good way to go.