Getting old sucks

Hate

11 hours ago, lmao said:

I didn't realize how much a pussy I'd be now that my hair is starting to thin. It really pisses me off lol

This is actually something that doesn't bother me at all. I'd just as soon go bald then I wouldn't have to worry about cutting it or daily care. Other things piss me off even more, chiefly a metabolism that is non-existent. One day of horrible eating puts on 5 pounds and it takes 2 weeks for it to come off. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, General Specific said:

Damn Brat, what the hell happened? I guess you’re left with taking names now!

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

That looks...bad

It looks like the end of her great toe...is a penis

Edited by SHOOTER12

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

It was very painful... for Mrs. Brat. Surgery corrected it about 90% so she can walk ok now.

Her toes started “warping” several years ago and got to the point where she was almost crippled by the malformation.

In other threads, @Elvis and others post “interesting” pics of their wives. In this thread, @Armybrat posts X-rays of his wife’s malformed toes. 
At least he’s playing by the rules. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, MissingInAction said:

I'm 47 and I can't recommend walking a few miles a day enough. I slacked off when the freeze hit and noticed a difference in everything. Tired, depressed, no libido, eyc.

Get a dog to up the pace. Luna gets me through three miles in less than 20 minutes.

20210424_151025.jpg

nice tree brah.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

My left knee is bone on bone on the medial side (inside). I’ve had injections, cortisone etc. with no real improvement in overall pain levels.  Normal walking more than a few blocks hurts like hell.  There’s a loose piece that floats around above my knee and sometimes gets lodged causing my knee to lock up.  I can ride my bike like always, 40-50 miles at at time without any real bad pain however. 

Dr and I discussed total knee replacement a couple weeks ago.  I’m in my mid 50’s. I have some reservations about doing the procedure at my age as it may not last the rest of my life, according to my internet research, and second replacements are more dicey.  So what does Surly think?  Get it done now and have 20 or so good years then worry about 2nd replacement in the future?  Or stick it out another 5-10 years?

Getting old sucks. 

7 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

My left knee is bone on bone on the medial side (inside). I’ve had injections, cortisone etc. with no real improvement in overall pain levels.  Normal walking more than a few blocks hurts like hell.  There’s a loose piece that floats around above my knee and sometimes gets lodged causing my knee to lock up.  I can ride my bike like always, 40-50 miles at at time without any real bad pain however. 

Dr and I discussed total knee replacement a couple weeks ago.  I’m in my mid 50’s. I have some reservations about doing the procedure at my age as it may not last the rest of my life, according to my internet research, and second replacements are more dicey.  So what does Surly think?  Get it done now and have 20 or so good years then worry about 2nd replacement in the future?  Or stick it out another 5-10 years?

Getting old sucks. 

I had both of mine done in 2005. The last x-ray showed no wear. Get it done and don't look back. 

Eta: last x-ray was in January this year. Point is the replacements are long lasting.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

7 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Getting old sucks. 

My GF is a Physical Therapist with 25 years or so of experience. She says to do it now and get a full replacement and not a partial. Do your homework on the doctor and make sure he is top notch. Some doctors only do partials with just the inside part of the knee jacked up. Don’t do that. Go full on.

56 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Getting old sucks. 

In 20 years they will probably be able to grow you a new one like this

• Hook 'Em 1

No complaints today (other than it takes 1 week to fall out of shape and 1 month to get it back, metabolism slowdown, finicky digestive system that loves lettuce (yuck) and how exciting taking my morning probiotics feels). Instead remembering when none of us were old and we were just care free football fans posting from the UGL back in the early internet days.  Getting old sucks. 

On 6/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mo Horn said:

Just love going to bed at night feeling fine and waking up the next morning with some new random ache and pain. Woke up yesterday morning with some intense pain in my hand and wrist. Feels like it's totally sprained and it hurts like hell to even hold a pen. Who knows. Maybe I was having some sex dream and was beating off all night. If so I don't remember it, or any of the pleasure. Just the pain after. Either that or Mrs. Mo, is torturing me at night. 

I haven’t had any hand or wrist pain in forever. Probably since I last broke my wrist when I was about 8 yo or so. 
But then I read your post. And bang, two days ago my wrist starts locking up, catching, and popping. 
So thanks for that. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:38 PM, lmao said:

I didn't realize how much a pussy I'd be now that my hair is starting to thin. It really pisses me off lol

Both of my brothers are bald( Thank you Grandad!!!)  I have a full head of (graying) hair!!!

That being said, I'm 50 and did some work today that I used to do at 25-30 without even thinking twice about it.  I can still do the work, but the recovery is an ass beating.

23 hours ago, nnm said:

I haven’t had any hand or wrist pain in forever. Probably since I last broke my wrist when I was about 8 yo or so. 
But then I read your post. And bang, two days ago my wrist starts locking up, catching, and popping. 
So thanks for that. 

You gotta slow down the self touching as you age too, hate to tell you, but thems the breaks.

• Haha 1

At the church picnic today, we were tossing a football around. I have stone hands but still put in a D level effort to catch it. I jammed my left index finger whilst I jumped 6” off the ground to go for the catch.

I’m not sure of it’s a sprain or if it’s cracked, but I now have it splinted with a popsicle stick. Just took some Advil and hope I can sleep through the night without bumping it. 

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

At the church picnic today, we were tossing a football around. I have stone hands but still put in a D level effort to catch it. I jammed my left index finger whilst I jumped 6” off the ground to go for the catch.

I’m not sure of it’s a sprain or if it’s cracked, but I now have it splinted with a popsicle stick. Just took some Advil and hope I can sleep through the night without bumping it. 

No offense but this reminds me of a childhood neighborhood buddy of mine who was not very athletic. He jumped for every pass that was thrown his way in pickup football games no matter where it was thrown. I guess he thought it made him look more athletic? 

Narrator: It didn’t.

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Superhero said:

Six inch vertical? Show-off.

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Might have to reschedule the late September cardiologist appointment because a couple of weeks ago my heart start doing some new beats that are very uncomfortable & sometimes slightly painful.

Sooner rather than later, I hope.  Don't mess around with that.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, Armybrat said:

It was very painful... for Mrs. Brat. Surgery corrected it about 90% so she can walk ok now.

Her toes started “warping” several years ago and got to the point where she was almost crippled by the malformation.

what kind of kinky foot sex yall been doing ???

so i started going to a dr on the regular, getting my numbers checked. need to keep losing lbs but it is trending down. knock on wood, my blood work has been damn near spot less. the dr is tracking a low sodium number. another follow up in 3 months. bp has been great 

I should have been going to the dr yearly, 20 years back, but glad i finally started. 

Edited by tx 3 putt

so i started going to a dr on the regular, getting my numbers checked. need to keep losing lbs but it is trending down. knock on wood, my blood work has been damn near spot less. the dr is tracking a low sodium number. another follow up in 3 months. bp has been great 
I should have been going to the dr yearly, 20 years back, but glad i finally started. 

My insurance flipped from stellar everything covered to paying all out of pocket til deductible…. As a result I found walkinlab.com where you can order your own labs with simple pricing/no insurance bs. Really happy with the service.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

My insurance flipped from stellar everything covered to paying all out of pocket til deductible…. As a result I found walkinlab.com where you can order your own labs with simple pricing/no insurance bs. Really happy with the service.

I’ll try it, thanks for the rec