Trump's Trade War

F250

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I don’t think China’s policy to steal intellectual property from American companies is not a good thing for our country. 

Well then you're an idiot. The theft of intellectual property from American companies by China is not a good thing for our country. 

• 2 weeks later...

trump starts a trade war with china.  munchin came out just this week and said "trade war with china is on hold".  trump holds a press conference to say talks with north korea are cancelled.  then the next week says they are back on.   what the fuck is going on up there?  it's like a high school government class is running our country.

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

How the fuck does the United States make Canada say "US will have to pay serious cost for its actions"...CANADA.

That is some mind blowing shit. Has Canada ever threatened the United States in the past 150 years? This is like starting a neighborhood fight with Caillou's family.

I was just reading about how the U.K. will be hit really hard from all of this. I guess even our historical Anglo allies are out the window now. Trump must have forgotten to fuck over Australia.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

That is some mind blowing shit. Has Canada ever threatened the United States in the past 150 years? This is like starting a neighborhood fight with Caillou's family.

I was just reading about how the U.K. will be hit really hard from all of this. I guess even our historical Anglo allies are out the window now. Trump must have forgotten to fuck over Australia.

He's going to place tariffs on Kiwis in hopes of crumbling the New Zealand economy tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Well to be fair there has never been a character more in need of an ass-kicking than Caillou.

Edited by Huckleberry
Forgot to quote
  • Like 1

republican ben sasse has an opinion:

“This is dumb. Europe, Canada, and Mexico are not China, and you don’t treat allies the same way you treat opponents,” [Sasse said]. “We’ve been down this road before—blanket protectionism is a big part of why America had a Great Depression. ‘Make America Great Again’ shouldn’t mean ‘Make America 1929 Again.”

4 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

don't US tariffs have to be approved by Congress, annoying Constitutional stuff to Trump, but still.

The president can raise tariffs by executive order for national security reasons.  What national security reason justifies a tariff on Canadian products only exists in the fevered brain of Putin.  But the GOP will tweet statements of concern and not do a damn thing.

The dorks over at /r/the_donald are geeking out over this announcement about how we're finally getting revenge on those EU cucks.

Remind me again, when did all of our allies suddenly become our enemies? 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Trump considering banning the importation of all German luxury cars.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390009-trump-to-impose-total-ban-on-luxury-german-cars-report

The only possible reason I can figure that he would do this is because Putin, trying to drive wedges between allies, told him to.

So would now be a good or bad time to go pick up a Benz or Audi?

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Trump considering banning the importation of all German luxury cars.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390009-trump-to-impose-total-ban-on-luxury-german-cars-report

The only possible reason I can figure that he would do this is because Putin, trying to drive wedges between allies, told him to.

Ding ding ding.  

I asked myself who could benefit the most from these actions.  American workers.  Fuck no.  He doesnt care about American workers.  Gotta be Vlad

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

The dorks over at /r/the_donald are geeking out over this announcement about how we're finally getting revenge on those EU cucks.

Remind me again, when did all of our allies suddenly become our enemies? 

When Donald took office. 

Whole lot of Trumpkins will be howling before this is over. Not a lot of motivation to turn out for the midterms, at least to vote R. 

Messing with the EU is only a step removed from messing with NATO. Messing with NATO -- even by proxy via a trade war -- won't sit well with our generals, and this is the scenario that could lead to a military coup.

I was told this by a high-level big-city journalist who used to be on the Pentagon beat for a major paper up there, and he told me all this when the idea that Trump could actually win seemed laughable. 

And when I first started throwing the phrase "military coup" around on the old board, I was mocked and dismissed. But since then, you've started hearing it all over the place. Just fucking Google it -- there are too many links out there for me to list. 

36 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Is he going to do something with that opinion?  Or just continue letting the Dotard run around with a wrecking ball?

The lobbyists are going to be doing something. 

I am actually surprised Trump didn’t wait until after the midterms.   There are going to be some Rs in Congress who might have been friendly towards Trump, who are going to truly turn on Trump. 

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When Donald took office. 

Whole lot of Trumpkins will be howling before this is over. Not a lot of motivation to turn out for the midterms, at least to vote R. 

They'll just blame some brown people for this.  

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Messing with the EU is only a step removed from messing with NATO. Messing with NATO -- even by proxy via a trade war -- won't sit well with our generals, and this is the scenario that could lead to a military coup.

I was told this by a high-level big-city journalist who used to be on the Pentagon beat for a major paper up there, and he told me all this when the idea that Trump could actually win seemed laughable. 

And when I first started throwing the phrase "military coup" around on the old board, I was mocked and dismissed. But since then, you've started hearing it all over the place. Just fucking Google it -- there are too many links out there for me to list. 

There won’t be a coup.  

The Russian investigation stuff will be fully protected by Congress though, and everybody knows it.  

41 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Jesus christ can we fucking tar and feather this fucking traitor already!?

Is there really any surprise that Trump operates in this manner.  there were plenty of stories where he screwed over vendors after he had received the materials/services.    This is the world he lived in, so why would he not look for an angle in every relationship.  "We're Canada's biggest trading partner? Time to press them to give us more.  To hell with future dealings."

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Well to be fair there has never been a character more in need of an ass-kicking than Caillou.

You know Caillou is dead right?  Cancer (hence the bald head).  That’s why clouds surround most of the scenes and why his grandma is narrating most of it  

The whole cartoon is his grandma telling his little sister about things he did when he was alive.  His little sister was only like 3 when he died.