2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Harden needs to DEMAND the ball more

They use to say the same thing about Durant in OKC. The one thing about Westbrook, no matter if hes on fire or playing like shit, he believes he is the best player on the court. He has played his entire career alongside two of the greatest scorers in the history of the NBA. At the age of 31, I'm starting to think he doesn't particularly care to defer to anyone. Coaches be damned. 

That was beyond horrible basketball by Russ. If he’s hurt, get him the fuck out. If he’s hurting the team like he was the fourth quarter, get him the fuck out and sure as fuck don’t draw up a play for him to bring the ball upcourt after the CP3 FTs. 

That was fucking terrible on Russ and MDA’s parts. 

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Rockets will be fine...

Green, Rivers and Gordon all had poor games tonight -- so don't expect that to be repeated on Wednesday

CP3 has been the most clutch player in the NBA this season from a scoring perspective. If it’s close, I have no confidence in the Rockets making more plays down the stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gordon and Westbrook need to stick to getting to the rim and finishing or dishing.

EG's shot is fucked.  Hell, he was blowing layups last night too.  Watching him complain for foul calls EVERY FUCKING TIME he goes to the basket is tiresome.

Russ can out-athlete just about everyone on the court if he's 100%.  Just need to take better care of the ball.

I still have hope, but fuck man, they are frustrating to watch at times.

I think Rockets win game 7. I want them against the Lakers, not OKC. 

But . . . that sequence at the end of game 6 for Westbrook and the Rockets was ugly. 

Russ mean mugging after making a shot rather than hustling back led to his man blowing by him for an easy 2. Unforced error. 

And then his drive towards the basket with Harden setting a pick to clog the lane (wtf) leaving westbrook to make a horrible pass to Covington (wtf?) - that was just awful. CP read the play and cutoff Russ' drive on his way to guard Covington. CP wanted it more on that play.

Maybe this was the wakeup call the team needed. They have more talent than OKC (this was the OKC rebuilding year). Let's go Rockets.  

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

They use to say the same thing about Durant in OKC. The one thing about Westbrook, no matter if hes on fire or playing like shit, he believes he is the best player on the court. He has played his entire career alongside two of the greatest scorers in the history of the NBA. At the age of 31, I'm starting to think he doesn't particularly care to defer to anyone. Coaches be damned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

CP3 has been the most clutch player in the NBA this season from a scoring perspective. If it’s close, I have no confidence in the Rockets making more plays down the stretch. 

As soon as it got close with about 5 min left, I knew we would lose. OKC in crunch time is the best team in the league.  We have to blow them out in game 7 or we’ll lose 

Yea another example of the Rockets this season not taking care of business or having the killer instinct. Even if we do get by okc it will be the same against the lakers. 

The easy non complicated explanation is if the rockets are hitting their 3's  we can win against anyone and if like last night we aren't we will lose. It's why i hate this system and why we won't win a title running it. You have to be able to grind out wins in the playoffs even when your system is failing you. 

Another thing I don't get is these give-up switches on defense in crunch time. Paul has been torching Covington.  Fairy wisp Schroder sets a pick 30 feet from the basket while Paul slowly walks the ball up, and Gordon makes no attempt to fight through it.  Gordon can't fight through 6ft 150 pound Schroder? 

Why are they conceding switches so easily and giving Paul exactly what he wants? 

20 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Another thing I don't get is these give-up switches on defense in crunch time. Paul has been torching Covington.  Fairy wisp Schroder sets a pick 30 feet from the basket while Paul slowly walks the ball up, and Gordon makes no attempt to fight through it.  Gordon can't fight through 6ft 150 pound Schroder? 

Why are they conceding switches so easily and giving Paul exactly what he wants? 

Ever since they slowed down the Warriors with their switch everything defense it has been their calling card. They doubled down on the strategy when they got rid of Capela. I think they are all in, no matter if it makes sense or not. Expecting D'Antoni to make any sort of defensive adjustment at this point, as minor as this one would be, is probably asking too much.