Colt McCoy named #1 QB on Redskins First Unofficial Depth Chart

Vic Mackey

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

But you know he really really wants to somehow end up a Cowboy.  And wouldn't it be glorious.

I'll gladly take Colt as a backup. He's about as solid as a backup as you can have in the NFL. The backups we have now aren't even backup quality. Colt has already proven he can start and win you some games.

Best the Redskins media team could slap together is Keenum in a Broncos jersey and the third string guy in a plain white t-shirt?  Really?  Aren't they one of the NFL's wealthiest franchises?  

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'll gladly take Colt as a backup. He's about as solid as a backup as you can have in the NFL. The backups we have now aren't even backup quality. Colt has already proven he can start and win you some games.

If he can stay healthy. Skins beat reporter noted Colt left practice early yesterday ... described as precautionary ... Skins and Colt mum.

Heard that one before. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Best the Redskins media team could slap together is Keenum in a Broncos jersey and the third string guy in a plain white t-shirt?  Really?  Aren't they one of the NFL's wealthiest franchises?  

The graphic is from CBS Sports, not the Redskins. All the teams have gone through photo day, but the media partners (at least CBS/ESPN) are using last year’s headshots.

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

Not to hear him tell it. He said Manning worked his ass off. I seem t remember sorgi getting franchised once though.

Oh yeah Manning would wear on his teammates at times. But he got paid a good amount to sit on the bench and watch everyone else bash their heads in. 

7 hours ago, elguapo said:

WAS is going to be a dumpster fire this season, maybe they want to save Haskins from getting the shit beat out of him to start his career.

This season? Their franchise has turned into a dumpster fire, especially once Snyder took over. He's one of the ones who makes Jerry seem sane and intelligent. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This season? Their franchise has turned into a dumpster fire, especially once Snyder took over. He's one of the ones who makes Jerry seem sane and intelligent. 

This team has been been either a tragedy or comedy since the day Gibbs retired the first time back in 1993. We are going for comedy this year.

I hope Colt finally shows what he can do. It has been a long run on the bench.

Edited by Valmy77

I think that’s overblown. Wane, Roy, Leonard, Connor. I can see him not drafting a famous Texas player. But signing him as a backup in the twilight of his career?  I think he’d do it in a heartbeat if/when Redskins cut him. 
Colt wont start many (if any) games. Keenum will supplant him by Week 1, or Haskins will early in the season. 

I don’t think he’s making many decisions these days. But before? Yeah he’d be damned if he had any Texas players.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Step away from the bong son. 

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Jerry is a Razorback who hates Texas. It will never happen.

Ehhh. Jerry used a 2nd round pick on a Texas player last year. He made a huge (and dumb) trade to get Roy Williams. I'd have to go back and look at all the drafts since Jerry has been owner and see if he passed on any very talented Texas players in the draft relative to where they were picking.

13 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

If he can stay healthy. Skins beat reporter noted Colt left practice early yesterday ... described as precautionary ... Skins and Colt mum.

Heard that one before. 

He can't.

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

This team has been been either a tragedy or comedy since the day Gibbs retired the first time back in 1993. We are going for comedy this year.

I hope Colt finally shows what he can do. It has been a long run on the bench.

He's shown what he can do many, many times.

1) He's starter material for 1 1/2 games.

2) He's injured and most likely out for the season.

^ THAT is what Colt can do. He's show it again and again. He's a Top 15 NFL QB... right up until he's injured.

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yea but no. He isnt better than half of the starter QBs in the league. Calm down.

Go 1/2 to 1 1/2 games, he plays like he is...

...and then the shit hits the fan. And it is like an elephant after binge eating amount of shit. Usually a season ending injury, but sometimes he’s just beaten up without breaking so that it makes you wonder why teams keep him around. 

Colt and Haskins are essentially neck and neck going into the preseason game.  
I have no doubt that Haskins will be their starter before the year's over.  All the D.C. press/etc. I've read sounds like it, and he's actually looking pretty damn good in practices.  In a few of their practices last week, both Colt and Haskins ran the 1's vs. 1's, but notably, they finished up the scrimmages with Haskins 2-3 days in a row.  That's a sign they're really trying to work him to get ready, and they think he's getting up to speed.

However Colt will probably start the season (not assured but likely) and unless he gets like a 506 QB rating and they win 5-6 in a row, I'd look for Haskins to take over within the first 4-5 games, if not before.

Keenan is sort of sucking right now, no one's gonna put him in the starter's spot.  But I'm liking what I've seen with Haskins so far.

But Colt has been around long enough now that no one's going to flummox him, he should be able to drive the ball pretty regularly.  Hope so.  

The receiver corps is relatively weak, so that sucks for them.

The OL if healthy is one of the better ones now in the NFL, but too much time to go before the season, and with their history, count on a devastating injury or two to a key OL.

Edited by phdhorn

50 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

He fired Tom Landry . Eff jerrah  .

Was this really a bad decision? By many accounts, Landry's time had passed him and he lost what he used to have and was no longer the voice the Cowboys needed. I guess he could have went about it in a better way but Landry's time in Dallas seemed to be done. I was only about 5 when it happened so I did not recollect it and can only go off everything I read and viewed.

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Was this really a bad decision? By many accounts, Landry's time had passed him and he lost what he used to have and was no longer the voice the Cowboys needed. I guess he could have went about it in a better way but Landry's time in Dallas seemed to be done. I was only about 5 when it happened so I did not recollect it and can only go off everything I read and viewed.

I was in my 20’s living in Dallas so I remember it pretty well.  The story is well documented , Jerry and Jimmy meeting at a Mexican restaurant, not trying to hide the interview at all. 

I agree, the Cowboys were reeling, though Jimmys first team went 1-15 and in a pre-free agency, era, supplemental draft eligible stars (top players actually went to that other league??) , and a once in a lifetime trade with the Vikings all helped create an environment to success. Would Landry have been able to navigate the swashbuckling style, probably not. But the way he was dumped was in poor form, and could have /should have been handled much better. As some have mentioned, he was a Texas legend , so perhaps that played a part.....so yes , eff Jerry.  

Colt's being thrown to the wolves.  His job is to get slammed around in preseason while Keenum and Haskins get ready for the regular season.  The early season reports on his play are not great.

Trent Williams is either holding out for a contract extension or is serious about not playing again for the Skins.  If it's the former, it's because he knows the Skins see Haskin's is the future and wants one last pay day, given he's probably not going to see another big money contract once his current deal is done.  If it's the latter (and there's a lot of smoke it is), then the Skins don't want to injury Haskins, and will probably have to tank this season to find a new LT.

Until Williams signs, there's no blind side protection for the QB.  That's a bad deal for a fragile vet coming off a leg injury.

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Colt's being thrown to the wolves.  His job is to get slammed around in preseason while Keenum and Haskins get ready for the regular season.  The early season reports on his play are not great.

Trent Williams is either holding out for a contract extension or is serious about not playing again for the Skins.  If it's the former, it's because he knows the Skins see Haskin's is the future and wants one last pay day, given he's probably not going to see another big money contract once his current deal is done.  If it's the latter (and there's a lot of smoke it is), then the Skins don't want to injury Haskins, and will probably have to tank this season to find a new LT.

Until Williams signs, there's no blind side protection for the QB.  That's a bad deal for a fragile vet coming off a leg injury.

I also believe that Williams was not thrilled with how Washington handled his tumor situation.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I also believe that Williams was not thrilled with how Washington handled his tumor situation.

That's the reason many believe he will not return, short of Snyder showering him with cash.  The Skins medical staff is notoriously shitty. There's a lot of talk he may be done here in DC.