Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I honestly can't remember what he looks like - well I mean I remember, but it's only the blockhead version THUjune christened us with...

That wasn't holy water!

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

This isn't the 1950s or 1980s. The only two recent head coaches to not win an MNC in his first 4 seasons at their respective programs was Dabo and Mack. In his first 3, add Jimbo Fisher and Saban just at LSU to that list.  Saban at Bama, Urban at Florida and Ohio State, Jim Tressel, Larry Coker, Bob Stoops, Lester F'ing Miles, and Pete Carroll all did it in 3 or under. 

Larry Coker ....  One of these things is not like the others

10 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Of all the reasons to fire the guy that would be the dumbest, Darrell Royal lost 4 or more in 4 of his first 5, Jimmy Johnson lost 4 or more his first 6 years. I'm sure the list is pretty long for this.

Royal lost 4 games in each of 1965-67 that was the low point in his time at Texas. He responded by rolling out Bellard's wishbone and Texas would go on to win 30 games in a row after opening the 1968 season 0-1-1.  I guarantee you Herman will never do anything close to resembling that ever.

Some of ya'll need to stop living in the past, man.  You sound like Nebraska reminiscing about the Tom Osborne good old days.  And UT isn't far off from becoming almost as irrelevant as Nebraska.

Shit has changed in college football in the last 20 plus years.  The formula for a blue blood program like UT to recover from a run of down years has been spelled out clearly.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, smakashart said:

how would you react if this happens

I would just shrug, because my alma mater has a second-tier football program with unrealistic expectations. The only thing we do at an elite level is maximize revenue streams, and until failing to win makes that impossible, everything with the University of Texas' football program is A-OK. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Royal lost 4 games in each of 1965-67 that was the low point in his time at Texas. He responded by rolling out Bellard's wishbone and Texas would go on to win 30 games in a row after opening the 1968 season 0-1-1.  I guarantee you Herman will never do anything close to resembling that ever.

After he had already won an NC and came within a cockroach's whisker of another.

I want Urban because I think he would actually fix our OL problem.  we've gone through 3 head coaches and 10 years of shitty OL's.  as a side note I think our DL which has been decent some of the time would improve greatly.

Our Lines(particularly O) have been the single biggest issue in us being shitty for 10 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Some of ya'll need to stop living in the past, man.  You sound like Nebraska reminiscing about the Tom Osborne good old days.  And UT isn't far off from becoming almost as irrelevant as Nebraska.

Shit has changed in college football in the last 20 plus years.  The formula for a blue blood program like UT to recover from a run of down years has been spelled out clearly.

I am not living in the past just pointing out the abject lunacy of comparing Herman to Royal.

how would you react if this happens

This is exactly what is going to happen if I had to guess. And it would suck. Bad. Real bad.

Fucking death blow for the next 10 years if it happened. Look at Michigan....they hired their golden boy and he’s been on the receiving end of violent anal rape by Meyer and OSU almost every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

This is exactly what is going to happen if I had to guess. And it would suck. Bad. Real bad.

Fucking death blow for the next 10 years if it happened. Look at Michigan....they hired their golden boy and he’s been on the receiving end of violent anal rape by Meyer and OSU almost every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It would be a goddamn disaster if Urban went to ou. We thought 5 in a row was bad under Stoops, Urban would destroy our program. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It would be a goddamn disaster if Urban went to ou. We thought 5 in a row was bad under Stoops, Urban would destroy our program. 

But... but... we can rub moral superiority and academic standards that have nothing to do with the football program in their face!

• Like 6

Why can’t we have Urban?  So, he had Aaron Hernandez and Zach Smith.  Mack had: Robert Joseph, Brandon Collins, Erik Hardeman, Andre Jones and Cleve fucking Bryant.  We are no better than anyone else and the fact that half of our BMD’s tried to get Saban proves that.  The other half need to pull their heads from their asses and shitcan Herman today.  

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

But... but... we can rub moral superiority and academic standards that have nothing to do with the football program in their face!

And...and...we’re texas, so we can just get a coach who’s done a little more than expected at a mid-major G5 and because we’re Texas, he’d come here and be successful and be able to own Urban Meyer and his multiple National Championships at ousux, because We’re Texas!!!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:47 AM, markstanco said:

Likely.

When dumbass did the headbutt thing today I knew in my heart he was trying to connect with the team. In November.

To me this was bush league. Do you think Saban, Meyer or Riley would pull that shit?

My high school coach wouldn't even do that.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, BoomerSooner2578 said:

At least I can have respect for UT for doing things honestly, with integrity. That'll completely change with CUM. The spousal abuse at tOSU is the perfect example. 

Appreciate your comments, however, this is rich coming from a Sooner. 

Hook'em 

On 11/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, BoomerSooner2578 said:

At least I can have respect for UT for doing things honestly, with integrity. That'll completely change with CUM. The spousal abuse at tOSU is the perfect example. 

so we can assume that you chose to criticize your sugar bowl win a few years ago against auburn, as well as the entire program for the season's heavy reliance on joe mixon, right?  you don't respect your own team, correct?

59 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

If USC doesn't get him this offseason, Kyle Whittingham from Utah should be on our short list next year if we were to fire Herman. The guy is a great coach. 

I wanted us to take a look at him and a few others last time. I was on board with Mensa but I still wanted some semblance of a real search.

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

If USC doesn't get him this offseason, Kyle Whittingham from Utah should be on our short list next year if we were to fire Herman. The guy is a great coach. 

He’s 5 years older than Urban. 

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Whittingham is 59, and has openly said he won't be coaching by the time he's 65. He will retire at Utah.

Nick Saban is 68, Orgeron is 58, Bill snyder coached till he was 78. When you are at the top of your game, age doesn't matter. He is worth the look because he has been consistently good for so long at a place not known to be a recruiting hotbed.

41 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Fuck all y'all.  Urban Meyer would bust a nut and beg Del Conte for an opportunity to right this ship.  If not he will go to OU and beg successfully when Riley goes to the Cowboys.  

I’m telling you Meyer would have this rolling next year.  The optimism would be at 11.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Really?  How many rings does he have?

You know who else was a “great coach” at a mid-major G5?  Herman.  You know who else?  Charlie.  That crap shoot formula has proven not to work.

And USC isn’t firing their 8-4 nationally ranked head coach to replace him with Kyle fucking Whittingham.

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Nick Saban is 68, Orgeron is 58, Bill snyder coached till he was 78. When you are at the top of your game, age doesn't matter. He is worth the look because he has been consistently good for so long at a place not known to be a recruiting hotbed.

I agree that Whittingham could coach for much longer than six more years. However, he’s plainly said in one of his press conferences that he does not want to coach past 65. I believe him, and he will retire at Utah in a few years.

9 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

You know who else was a “great coach” at a mid-major G5?  Herman.  You know who else?  Charlie.  That crap shoot formula has proven not to work.

And USC isn’t firing their 8-4 nationally ranked head coach to replace him with Kyle fucking Whittingham.

I didn't realize Utah was a mid major G5. You are not going to get the guys that have rings unless they are washed up like Mack or Jimbo. However, you can find coaches like Kyle Whittingham coaching at a high level at a P5 program that lacks resources and money.

25 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Whittingham isn’t going anywhere, but you don’t know anything about college football nationally if you’re comparing Whittingham to Herman and Charlie. Urban Meyer has had all three as assistants, and he’d plainly tell you Whittingham is the best of them in a private conversation.

I really don’t understand why people on here think there are no good coaches in the G5 ranks. You just have to evaluate them thoroughly, and a large sample size of seasons helps with that.

Um he’s a p5 coach now

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic