CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

46 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

He left out the prayer rugs.

Yes, Houston CBS news last night did an story on Orange and Hardin County offering vaccines to whoever wanted to come get them.   They were practically begging people to come get shots.  No classifications anymore.  Exactly for the reasons elfenix is proposing.  Vidor is Orange County.  Enough said.

I’m finally flying to Houston next month to finally see my nephew since I’ve missed the first 5 months of his existence. Second stop is to go east and get a J&J shot in MAGA-land 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh for sure. But if things always worked out in Alabama the way the Secret Powers wanted them to, Luther Strange would be Senator-for-Life, Sessions and Bentley would still be somebody, and Twinkle Cavanaugh would soon be governing via NextDoor and Yelp reviews.

Oh
My
God

I would have given everything to see Ole Twinkle go full Trump.

That’s one thing I’ll give MeeMaw Kay - she hasn’t lost her mind and gone all Abbott and DeSantis.

She’s actually been pretty responsible for a deep red state Governor.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

I would have given everything to see Ole Twinkle go full Trump.

That’s one thing I’ll give MeeMaw Kay - she hasn’t lost her mind and gone all Abbott and DeSantis.

She’s actually been pretty responsible for a deep red state Governor.

Twinkle: The day is yet young. I have never met her, but I doubt she has any plans other than to bob around in the Montgomery toilet bowl until one day she's top turd.

Ivey: Her secret power is that she is from Wilcox County where it is always the 1930s. When you are actually from the 1930s, you don't have to do extra dumb or mean stuff to prove yourself, like the people just role-playing being from the 1930s have to do.

We better enjoy it while we have her. When she leaves office, we'll get some vicious bastard from Shelby or Baldwin County who is in full-on Theoretical Nationalism mode.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Twinkle: The day is yet young. I have never met her, but I doubt she has any plans other than to bob around in the Montgomery toilet bowl until one day she's top turd.
Ivey: Her secret power is that she is from Wilcox County where it is always the 1930s. When you are actually from the 1930s, you don't have to do extra dumb or mean stuff to prove yourself, like the people just role-playing being from the 1930s have to do.
We better enjoy it while we have her. When she leaves office, we'll get some vicious bastard from Shelby or Baldwin County who is in full-on Theoretical Nationalism mode.

Or from, heaven help us, Sand Mountain.
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Do those people realize that the shit they're inhaling standing over that "bonfire" is 10x more deadly than the slight chance they catch Covid-19?  It's a pretty environmentally-friendly state from all the times I've been there.  You'd think they'd know that.  Oh wait, political theater.  Give 'em credit, a very new way to own the libs---breathe in burning cheap Chinese polymers and polypropylenes for 30 minutes at a time, just like God and Trump intended.  At least cut the straps off you fucking idiots, that's the most toxic part.  

Actually, scratch all that.  All of you stand as close to the smoke as you can, breathe as deeply as you can, and bring as many women of child-bearing ages as you can to the mask burnings.  Everything you're inhaling causes fertility issues.  

If Covid-19 can't choke you out, Burning Chinese poly's will smoke you out.  And if that doesn't work...you'll breed yourselves out by not breeding at all.  Win-win.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Boise. 

Edited by Lobo

On 3/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, GRHorn said:

The Russian troll thing is tired. I’m a Texan through and through with connections to the Texas Revolution. I have two degrees from UT system schools. My Texan roots are almost certainly deeper than yours. 

Maybe you shouldn't act like a Russian Troll then.  That picture is still disgusting.  I looks like Nick the Dick brought your food. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still looking at a gift that keeps on giving from Trump.  Large swathes of the country may be no-go zones if trends hold.

Once the shot is broadly available, I am all in favor of vaccine commissions of medical professionals reviewing each refusal. If there’s not a medical reason— you and your personal domicile are treated like a sailing ship flying a cholera flag. Hope you have grocery delivery in your town.

Also, a special middle finger to California. We think of this shit as conservative craziness now, but I remember very well how the idea of “vaccine refusal” became mainstreamed in this country. California school boards caving to crunchy, leftie WASPy parents let that idea out of its box.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/08/coronavirus-vaccine-rural-america-473940

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

This has to be a reporting issue, right? Surely they're not sitting on a third of the doses they've received. 

Very well could be lag in reporting.

We're doing slightly better in Texas (75% doses used), but still under the national average (78%).  NYT reports GA at 69%. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

20 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Maybe a Snake Handler is the old-timey type of crazy this country craves.

Definitely. I can't wait for a day when "fly on the wall" campaign coverage on C-Span 2 and 3 looks like this:

18 hours ago, Nivek said:

Maybe you shouldn't act like a Russian Troll then.  That picture is still disgusting.  I looks like Nick the Dick brought your food. 

He is one of the few people I have on ignore and it's only 10 percent because of his dumbass posts. The rest is that disgusting avatar. 

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

This has to be a reporting issue, right? Surely they're not sitting on a third of the doses they've received. 

It's Georgia -- they don't want (them) to be there.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

My wife and I signed up and are going tomorrow. I’m not going to feel guilty with vaccine sites sitting idle.

What did you sign up through? It looks like they recently (maybe this week?) added a state signup form on the website. Georgia messaging on this hasn’t been exactly clear.

Did the 4.5 hour loop from Austin to Bryan and back today.  Got dose #1 of Moderna.

My initial rush of joy that I have received my first dose was tempered by the sobering reality of the fact that I have to drive back to fucking Bryan, TX in a month.  Gah.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Did the 4.5 hour loop from Austin to Bryan and back today.  Got dose #1 of Moderna.

My initial rush of joy that I have received my first dose was tempered by the sobering reality of the fact that I have to drive back to fucking Bryan, TX in a month.  Gah.

Nah, just go through CVS. I drove to Cypress for my first and was able to get my second 10 minutes from my house.

• Hook 'Em 1

Did you have to schedule that or are they doing a walk up hub thing at this point, like west TX?

28 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Nah, just go through CVS. I drove to Cypress for my first and was able to get my second 10 minutes from my house.

Good to know.  This was CVS, by the way.  Did you go through the standard portal or were you able to jump the line somehow?

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Good to know.  This was CVS, by the way.  Did you go through the standard portal or were you able to jump the line somehow?

standard.  just kept searching in austin at different times during the day until something popped up as open.  there were plenty of chances to schedule one in waco and temple too.

https://www.axios.com/ron-desantis-covid-vaccines-florida-ocean-reef-169b90d9-0be6-4d6f-9094-3ec2cd6e699a.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=local-vaccination

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said "the state was not involved" in helping to vaccinate 1,200 residents of the super-rich Ocean Reef community in January. 

But both the hospital system that supplied the doses and Monroe County have contradicted his claims, saying the state authorized the vaccines, the Tampa Bay Times and Miami Herald report.

Why it matters: DeSantis has faced increasing criticism for directing vaccines toward wealthy communities.

Some of those who benefitted from the vaccine pop-ups also donated to the governor's political action committee, which has pulled in almost $4 million.

The state of play: A spokeswoman for Baptist Health Systems, which administered the Ocean Reef vaccines, told the Times/Herald that "Florida asked Baptist Health to take delivery of the doses to our ultra-cold freezer storage for delivery to the Medical Center at Ocean Reef."

Brian Keeley, the Baptist Health Systems president and CEO, and his wife own a home in Ocean Reef, but the spokeswoman wouldn't comment on whether they had a hand in getting the vaccines.

Back in January, Baptist Health canceled vaccine appointments for hundreds of members of the general public because it had run out of supply.

What's next: Ag Commissioner Nikki Fried and state Senate Democratic Leader Gary Farmer asked the FBI to investigate.

"If this isn’t public corruption, I don’t know what is,’' Fried said.

• Hook 'Em 1

My 83 year old dad was finally fully vax'd so I went to visit him out west for the first time in 6 months with a box of oysters and some prime rib. Also got my first vaccination at San Angelo today.  20 minutes in and out.  My kid and her college roommates also got their first this weekend at COTA.

Best weekend I have had in a year.

This has probably been posted but it was a good tool for finding the doses.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=3700a84845c5470cb0dc3ddace5c376b

Edited by Ten Bears
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2