SHOOTER12

Taco Cabana..No Enchiladas, WTF?

On 9/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, Hate said:

I’m still pissed they stopped serving their carne guisada tacos. TC was the only place I’ve found near where I lived that had a decent carne guisada as crazy as that sounds.

This is sooooo spot on.  Last week here in San Antonio I was able to order a carne guisada plate and extra tortillas,.  Mmmm heaven.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:55 PM, Hate said:

Born and raised San Antonion and I used to go to the original TC on San Pedro and Hildebrand after a night on St Mary’s Street. A lot of these drive through taco places you mention aren’t open at 2 or 3 in the morning so TC has to suffice.

Again, Hate hits a home run.  Sentiment, damn it's strong as far as the original location goes. No matter what dive bar/clubs we played on weekends, TC was always the closer for the night.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:39 PM, wood said:

Yep, and yep. Rosa's fajitas are quick, always very good, and a fantastic deal for the money. They heap on the food, have awesome, always-fresh pico, 3-4 kinds of salsa, jalapenos, cilantro, etc. The place is always immaculately clean, staff very friendly & helpful. You know, basically how every company should be run.

There's not a Rosa's anywhere remotely close to me (near Love Field) -- I hear it's great.

I think the first place I ate at when moving to San Antonio for a brief stint was "Sombrero Rosa"  They had lovely quesadillas.  I found out shortly there were modeled after Taco Cabana.  I tried the original one Hate mentioned sometime later (as well as several other locations).  But "Sombra" as the kids called it, was top better to me.  But that was a long time ago.  

On 9/4/2020 at 1:55 PM, Hate said:

Born and raised San Antonion and I used to go to the original TC on San Pedro and Hildebrand after a night on St Mary’s Street. A lot of these drive through taco places you mention aren’t open at 2 or 3 in the morning so TC has to suffice.

Mrs. Wood (no pics) grew up just a few blocks from there.  /csb

In college a fajita combo meal and loading up at the salsa bar was a go to staple.  I don’t think I’ve had TC in 15 years though.

56 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

In college a fajita combo meal and loading up at the salsa bar was a go to staple.  I don’t think I’ve had TC in 15 years though.

Use to grab an order of the beef fajita nachos and a 5 pack of tortillas.  Good times. 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

There's not a Rosa's anywhere remotely close to me (near Love Field) -- I hear it's great.

Woah no shit. I think you'd have to shoot up 75 to exit coit then follow it all the way to the Bush to get to the nearest one. Definitely not THAT good. It's a burb thing 

They recently opened one near my house at the corner of Stacy Rd and 75. Just a hundred yards or so from where, ironically, an empty former TC building stands. I've gone like 3 times since it opened 

Edited by Wanker Bob