Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

32 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Only because his agent told him to do so.

there are a looooooot of white coaches and players saying what they think they are supposed to say right now

I don't personally think Tom Herman believes much of what he's saying. To him, it's no different than when he gets asked about playing A&M. There's a right way to answer, a wrong way, and his personal opinion, and whether his personal opinion lines up with the Correct Answer or not, the Correct Answer is what comes out. 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

he seems like an opportunist and a panderer. he always has.

Yep, I'm right there with you.  And not just him, any white coach right now who's talking....why weren't you talking before this?  The ones who are silent, at least you know they're genuine.  Doesn't mean they're good people, but they're not lying salesmen either.  Kirk Ferentz is lying his ass off right now to save his job, how could anyone believe a fucking word of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

he seems like an opportunist and a panderer. he always has.

People don't always challenge their own views or actions until confronted with it.  I didn't realize how insensitive I was to people with special needs (or their family members) with my cavalier use of 'retarded' until it became a discussion point over a decade ago.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nivek said:

People don't always challenge their own views or actions until confronted with it.  I didn't realize how insensitive I was to people with special needs (or their family members) with my cavalier use of 'retarded' until it became a discussion point over a decade ago.   

That's fair, or charitable. I would find your evolution on using the word "retarded" a little less genuine if you had a huge financial stake in recruiting two dozen retards a year and it became clear that calling them "retarded" would negatively impact your ability to do so. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

That's fair, or charitable. I would find your evolution on using the word "retarded" a little less genuine if you had a huge financial stake in recruiting two dozen retards a year and it became clear that calling them "retarded" would negatively impact your ability to do so. 

I don't consider it anything beyond a minimum effort on my part.  I suppose I also benefited financially from having removed some words from my lexicon, but that was not my motivation.   Lastly, I generally give people the benefit of the doubt and prescribe to a softer form of Hanlon's Razor, unless they demonstrate otherwise.

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I don't consider it anything beyond a minimum effort on my part.  I suppose I also benefited financially from having removed some words from my lexicon, but that was not my motivation.   Lastly, I generally give people the benefit of the doubt and prescribe to a softer form of Hanlon's Razor, unless they demonstrate otherwise.

you're talking a lot about yourself here. I don't know you, don't know anything about you. You say you stopped throwing the word "retard" around analogously to Tom Herman's loudly enlightened racial attitudes, in what I interpreted to be your attempt to say "see some people do change, I did".

I mean, I don't really know what to tell you. I'm happy you're happy. If you think Herman's genuinely a racially woke social justice warrior down with the cause, that's fine. I personally wouldn't believe the guy if he told me he had orange juice in his fridge. In this specific case, where his $5m/yr salary is critically dependent on young black football players agreeing to come to UT and take instruction from him, and he thus has a vested financial and W-L interest in appearing as sympathetic as possible to their group racial dynamic, I really couldn't be any more skeptical of what he's saying publicly. 

Good for him if his conscience and his public statements are truly in alignment. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

17 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

you're talking a lot about yourself here. I don't know you, don't know anything about you. You say you stopped throwing the word "retard" around analogously to Tom Herman's loudly enlightened racial attitudes, in what I interpreted to be your attempt to say "see some people do change, I did".

I mean, I don't really know what to tell you. I'm happy you're happy. If you think Herman's genuinely a racially woke social justice warrior down with the cause, that's fine. I personally wouldn't believe the guy if he told me he had orange juice in his fridge. In this specific case, where his $5m/yr salary is critically dependent on young black football players agreeing to come to UT and take instruction from him, and he thus has a vested financial and W-L interest in appearing as sympathetic as possible to their group racial dynamic, I really couldn't be any more skeptical of what he's saying publicly. 

Good for him if his conscience and his public statements are truly in alignment. 

As I said before, it was simply an example of how someone can alter a behavior by simply being pointed out that the behavior is insensitive.  I understand that Tom Herman seems to upset people, that doesn't define his character.   Also his actions and behavior with a spousal abuse victim was pretty stand-up and he didn't exactly benefit from getting involved.  He doesn't have to hug and kiss his players and yet he does.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:48 PM, 'stache said:

If I make sex with Kate Upton would I become supreme leader of the intergalactic federation of planets?

Sorry, me making sex with Gal Gadot, Kate Beckinsale, and Scarlett Johansson at the same time would make me supreme leader of the intergalactic federation of planets.

4 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Sorry, me making sex with Gal Gadot, Kate Beckinsale, and Scarlett Johansson at the same time would make me supreme leader of the intergalactic federation of planets.

Damn, I forgot about Gal Gadot. She's atop the list these days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

If you're bakers dad, does the pride you have for him becoming an NFL QB become quelled because you also realize what a fucking dipshit douche he is?  I would have to think yes. 

Has to respond, always.  Has to, no matter who it is.

This is one really dumb dude. 

His dad knew he was a douche a really long time ago, most likely. As long as the apple fell far from the tree. 

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Baker Mayfield = corch killer

I question his facilities management skills as well, since he can’t seem to get a plumber to fix a toilet and chooses to mow the field with a 22” walk behind. Not his fault that the smoke alarms are battery powered though, that’s all Cleveland browns. 

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread