Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

WTF I make Eddie Izzard references all the time and all I ever get is a couple of chuckles.

Yeah, but it was an Izzard bit about flags on a thread about LGBTQ+ flags from an LGBTQ+ comic, you realize the odds of something like that man?.  I mean, Tig Notaro does a few minutes on Tibetan prayer flags but it's just not the same.  

Edited by Lobo

So MJT is not opposed to Trans people having the right to buy firearms, just their right to an education, housing, and banking?  Got it.  

Tell her that new flag in her hallway is the flag of the Israeli Space Agency flag (they're both blue and white) and that they're used to mark target coordinates for Jewish Space Lasers.  Suddenly, trans rights won't look like such a big deal.  

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Lobo, quit throwing the t-slur around, even as a joke. You fucking know better. 

I've used 'Trans' respectfully on every single post on this thread except the one with the vulgar joke.  That joke is a riff on the "if you meet an asshole in the morning...you met an asshole."  I did use the slur version of that word in that one particular post because that joke is supposed to be populated with bad words and play on her insane fears of locker room assaults.  MJT wouldn't understand it if it was "If you meet a transgendered man or woman in the locker room, then you've met a transgendered man or woman."  

I still consider genuine comedy to be a place where you can use offensive language if it gets a point across, not just gratuitous usage.  But if it the comment was upsetting, then it was upsetting and I apologize.  I'll ask it be deleted but please acknowledge that I was not "throwing it around" like I peppered this whole thread with it, that's not the case.  It was in one joke post apparently in poor taste and aimed squarely a hateful group that would only recognize their shitty terminology in a sea of big words.  I am referring to a group of people who think, "God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" is somehow some kinda mic dropping debate closer.

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) why don’t the trans kids belong in the bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams to which they identify? -- Because Satan.

2) if it’s a sexual thing with regards to the bathrooms and locker rooms, where does she think the cis gay people should change or poop?  -- Hell.

3) is she against unisex bathrooms, which are all over the place, as well?  (Not sure if that’s true with regards to multi-person bathrooms) -- Cost.  Liberal Dems.

4) who is this supposed to be protecting? -- Her snowflake sons.

Her expected answers.

• Haha 1

I know she doesn't have committee assignments anymore, but doesn't she have just like regular House of Reps shit to do today rather this shit?  You know it took all of her day and all of her brain cells to come up with the exact wording, she probably sketched out the layout a dozen times, spent an hour on fonts, another hour on color scheme, a half hour explaining to the sign guy on the other end of the line that she was being serious, another half hour figuring out if this was a legit office expense that could be paid for from her budget or not.  

I'm sure this looks like a big win to her constituents, but it's not the $75 rush order on that sign that should embarrass them.  It's that, I know this woman, I know what her staff is like.  Trust me, this sign consumed most of their day.  An average weekday, during session at the Capitol, the typical Rep. office costs about $20,000/day between all the various expenses, salaries, etc.  You're not really seeing a $75 sign, you're seeing a $20,000 sign so you can taunt one transgender person on her way to visit her mom at work.  I know you think that's worth it, but just remember your place-you're stupid and your beneath the rest of us who have this crazy notion that people who are different should be able to use a public restroom.  Nobody's asking for Trans-reparations or special access to government programs or any of that, just basic fundamental civil rights serve alongside some much earned dignity.  There is no army of Trans people looking to molest your kids.  There just isn't...your uncle is the one face-fucking your kids after Easter dinner.  

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, the bass player in my band is bisexual.  We act like 4 guys, but he loves to fuck with us by talking about nailing some dude after a show.  It works.

The odd thing was that I didn't REALLY understand what it meant for him to be "bisexual" until he showed up for a show dressed as a woman.  I mean, none of us cared, it's a dumbass rock band, we were just like "Norm, what's up with the outfit?"  He just said "oh, I'm really more of a cross-dresser than bi, I prefer women but I also prefer their clothes".  Sure, he watered it down for us, but my mind was blown.  I simply had no idea how fluid the spectrum was.  It was only then I realized that I had never seen him with a guy, it was always with women.  (Not that he's not bi, I'm sure he is to some degree, but it was still eye-opening.)

Then I thought more broadly and realized that two of Austin's better drummers are cross-dressers.  I gave up.  Wear what you want, be who you feel, love me and I'll love you.  It's just so silly to try to define others' experiences.

Crayon is a drummer? I also thought he was just into bridesmaid dresses 

Just now, Lobo
18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Lobo, quit throwing the t-slur around, even as a joke. You fucking know better. 

I've used 'Trans' respectfully on every single post on this thread except the one with the vulgar joke.  That joke is a riff on the "if you meet an asshole in the morning...you met an asshole."  I did use the slur version of that word in that one particular post because that joke is supposed to be populated with bad words and play on her insane fears of locker room assaults.  MJT wouldn't understand it if it was "If you meet a transgendered man or woman in the locker room, then you've met a transgendered man or woman."  

I still consider genuine comedy to be a place where you can use offensive language if it gets a point across, not just gratuitous usage.  But if it the comment was upsetting, then it was upsetting and I apologize.  I'll ask it be deleted but please acknowledge that I was not "throwing it around" like I peppered this whole thread with it, that's not the case.  It was in one joke post apparently in poor taste and aimed squarely a hateful group that would only recognize their shitty terminology in a sea of big words.  I am referring to a group of people who think, "God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" is somehow some kinda mic dropping debate closer.

I appreciate your apology, and I apologise for "throwing it around" not being accurate to your posting history on this thread.

That said, I disagree with your premise and reasoning for telling the joke while including the slur. But comedy is subjective. I swear to God I am a fun person to be around.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I appreciate your apology, and I apologise for "throwing it around" not being accurate to your posting history on this thread.

That said, I disagree with your premise and reasoning for telling the joke while including the slur. But comedy is subjective. I swear to God I am a fun person to be around.

Oh yeah, first rule of comedy is declaring, “I swear to god I am a fun person to be around!”  Totally convincing ;)  

(I’ve enjoyed your humor over the last year and hope it’s provided you some coping solace during what must be a rough time as a HCW)

If I can figure out how to PM you a the voicemail I got from her staffer assuring me her boss does not have Down’s Syndrome; I will.  You’ll laugh for an hour that people like this get to serve in our Capitol.  Then you’ll cry for an hour.  I’m trying to think of my next call to her office..  any thoughts?

I mean, has she ever been in a women's softball locker room at a midwest college or university?  There's more testosterone in there than in most men's golf club locker rooms.
You can't deny that scientific fact, 99.9% of us are born XX or XY, either you were born with egg cells already inside your reproductive system or you weren't.  However, everything beyond that is a fluid spectrum.  From how much estrogen is in your body, to gender roles, sexual orientation, to cross-dressing, to trans feelings, societal norms, everything.  some XY alpha males have multiple times more estrogen in their bloodstreams than some women.  And vice-versa for the XX spectrum.  Every single man has a little femininity in him and every woman has some masculinity in her.  It's just to varying degrees.  
Nobody is actually Left-Handed or Right-Handed.  It's a spectrum.  (unless you actually only have the one hand from birth or an accident, in which case I'm sorry).  You might be significantly more right-hand dominant but you still use your left hand for things.  You might be much more male-dominant but you still have feminine traits and tendencies.  
Anyway, I don't know how somebody against LGBTQ+ rights can watch that video of Rep. Newman and still walk away with hate in their hearts.  
Very well said. Concise as always, but agreed.
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'd give you Post of the Day award if I could.  The flag thing plus the guy making the joke.  Wow.  Bravo, sir.  

And to North Loop's point, she won't notice it for a day or two.  Then she'll start asking questions.  But no staffer is gonna want that search in their google history.  So they'll just stop other Republicans in the hallway, point to it, and ask, "Hey, where's that flag from?"  To be a fly on the wall to hear those answers.  I'm very much tempted to call her office again and say that I'm really happy to see the Congresswoman's hallways adorning the flag for Down's Syndrome Awareness Week.  I love getting the call back from them.  

you're just asking questions

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

What a Fucking CUNT.

Okay death cult you want to show some bi-partisanship? You really want to show that you are not the party of hate, bigotry, racism, misogyny and all other assorted human behaviors that are designed to denigrate the portion of the population you deem lesser than? Start by holding a vote to have this woman removed from her position and have her banned completely from any building inside the entire District of Columbia. That is not just putting your party’s beliefs in the storefront window. That is putting it there and being proud of it because she knows no one will stop her. 

Also a quarantine of her entire congressional district might be in order. Get the fence builders out there in short order and contain their level of racism and hatred ASAP.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I get that people are crazy as shit.  Shit happens.

What I don't get is why they're also so fucking mean.

Be batshit if you want.  But don't be a fucking asshole.

This is beyond the pale. This is not just being mean. This is someone who is deeply disturbed mentally that has an over abundance of hatred mixed in there as well. Being mean is the point. Making those others hurt is the point of her words and behavior. If the death cult had not started the selling of their soul 50 plus years ago to radical religious zealots perhaps we would not see this vile display of bigotry happening in our nation’s Capitol because they might have a backbone. I think President Biden might have to get personally involved in this. This cannot just get glossed over.

16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The guy I know on FB that constantly rails against LGBTQ issues is a guy I've suspected was gay since middle school. No truly straight person can be that focused on something that really doesn't affect their life. 

Listen, I’m sorry you’re FB friends with Briscoe Cain. But you need to purge your fucking FB list, bud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Cunt" is her entire brand.

I mean seriously.

When it is apparent that what is for you nothing more than a political issue  is a deeply personal one for your opponent, a person with any sort of conscience at all should cool it a little.

Also, "trust the science."  

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I want an hour alone with her with a baseball bat in a dark alley.

Better bring your A-game. She's all sweaty and hopped-up on the Mountain Dew after completing 20 kettlebell jerk-jacks, 12 overhead hanging pile pushers, an 800 meter single leg freedom skip, and a twenty hour session of tantric anal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I get that people are crazy as shit.  Shit happens.

What I don't get is why they're also so fucking mean.

Be batshit if you want.  But don't be a fucking asshole.

Being an asshole has ramifications.  You and I attended a funeral a while back because this mindset exists.  Don't forget that.  Ever.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Lemme familiarize you with Bama Chick, she can hold her own I'm sure... 

'Alabama Mom Jumps Over Crowd to Fight Oklahoma Fan' - Bing video

Have a crush on her to this day.  Any drunk, attractive milf showing that much aggression and initiative against the Thieves, gives me happy pants.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Being an asshole has ramifications.  You and I attended a funeral a while back because this mindset exists.  Don't forget that.  Ever.

Goddammit.

This is also true.

The cruelty displayed here actually hurts people.  As always with this party, THE CRUELTY IS THE POINT.  The entire party is the party of cruelty and inflicting pain, regardless of the human cost.  Check that - IN CELEBRATION OF the human cost.  The more trans people they drive to suicide, the better -- that's a win!

I hate them.  I really hate them.  Like I grew up hating Nazis, I hate the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Goddammit.

This is also true.

The cruelty displayed here actually hurts people.  As always with this party, THE CRUELTY IS THE POINT.  The entire party is the party of cruelty and inflicting pain, regardless of the human cost.  Check that - IN CELEBRATION OF the human cost.  The more trans people they drive to suicide, the better -- that's a win!

I hate them.  I really hate them.  Like I grew up hating Nazis, I hate the GOP.

I debated on whether to post this, but just for reality, an immediate family member of mine took their own life due to bigotry and hatred toward trans people.  Not a small thing.

• Like 6
  • Rage+1 2